Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dimebag posted:

Mafia running the flag game down there in Victoria eh?

Gotta use something to wrap the dead bodies in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Menstrual cups are good for the environment and I think also less expensive in the long run even if you replace them at the conservative annual recommendation.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

JBP posted:

PayPal me $4,500 and I will never post again. Presumably you won't have any trouble getting this money from a thread full of people that don't understand the value of money and when offered it for free just say golly thanks.
More shameless rent seeking from an ALP shill. Nobody surprised.

Come back with a realistic price and we'll talk.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Cartoon posted:

More shameless rent seeking from an ALP shill. Nobody surprised.

Come back with a realistic price and we'll talk.

$5,000

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
JBP I will pay you $30 AUS to never stop posting.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

GoldStandardConure posted:

Pay him in bottlecaps.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GoldStandardConure posted:

This is what I like to call a great value proposition.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

CrazyTolradi posted:

Pay him in bottlecaps.

we only accept ringpulls here, outlander

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Joe Bejelke-Peterscoin.

Invest now for the future currency of the republic of QLD.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm looking forward to EduCoin so I can start buying 1/100th of some kids lifetime income while they're in primary school.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Does anyone here run "Sushi with Goons" in Freemantle?

If so we could use GoonCoins.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

CrazyTolradi posted:

Matthew Guy puts Tones' flag game to shame.

EDIT: That's 16 flags behind Guy.

It looks like he's holding the press meeting from the closet where they store all the flags for ANZAC day.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

CrazyTolradi posted:

MAKE VICTORIA SAFE AGAIN

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
:69snypa:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

bandaid.friend posted:

MAKE VICTORIA SAFE AGAIN

At a recent placement I was doing some pre job interview tests on Vicpol applicants I learnt a fun fact: every other state holds applications when they need a demand, but Vicpol almost never stops recruiting.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Zenithe posted:

At a recent placement I was doing some pre job interview tests on Vicpol applicants I learnt a fun fact: every other state holds applications when they need a demand, but Vicpol almost never stops recruiting.

Gotta find bodies to fill the spots for all the guys and gals on paid administrative leave for assault/murder/stalking/whatever

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Zenithe posted:

Because of the boost to police numbers (by 2500) since the Andrews government came to power, or just generally?

Because the libs did sack 500 staff and cops from vicpolice last time they were in government under napthine.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

imo people complaining about so called "wage theft" should just gently caress off and read the contract better when they sign up for their next job what a bunch of disgusting parasites looking for the nanny state to come rescue them from their own stupidity

God drat this is the dumbest loving take. If a 15 year old kid in their first job is getting conned should they have just known better? It's almost like the onus is on the employer to know and obey the rules so as not to take advantage of people.

Now, change "employer" to "broker" and :aaaaa:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

God drat this is the dumbest loving take. If a 15 year old kid in their first job is getting conned should they have just known better? It's almost like the onus is on the employer to know and obey the rules so as not to take advantage of people.

Controversial take, why not just throw property investors/rent seekers on the pyre with banks and brokers at the same time?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CrazyTolradi posted:

Controversial take, why not just throw property investors/rent seekers on the pyre with banks and brokers at the same time?

What if... now hold on with me here, it's a tricky one, but what if these people just wanted a home for themselves and got screwed?!?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

i assume you're talking about this in the abstract since solemn sloth was pretty blatantly being sarcastic

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

What if... now hold on with me here, it's a tricky one, but what if these people just wanted a home for themselves and got screwed?!?
Pretty sure the example mentioned in the thread before that people were getting up in arms about was due to someone loving themselves over to buy an investment property.

But in the situation you describe, that's a fair call. Otherwise, if you're feeling any sympathy for property investors at all, have a good read of https://www.somersoft.com/threads/newstart-allowance-if-you-own-ips.109114/ and some of the other threads over there.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Jonah Galtberg posted:

i assume you're talking about this in the abstract since solemn sloth was pretty blatantly being sarcastic

:monocle:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CrazyTolradi posted:

Otherwise, if you're feeling any sympathy for property investors at all, have a good read of https://www.somersoft.com/threads/newstart-allowance-if-you-own-ips.109114/ and some of the other threads over there.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I find it crazy that you can get on Newstart if you declare your investment properties a business. Surely such a crazy loophole doesn't exist anymore?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
That forum basically shut down in 2015 and moved over to a new one, and it just makes the old one look tame in comparison. There's a lot of "buy apartments and rent out the rooms" type of advice from Airbnb "superhosts".

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

CrazyTolradi posted:

That forum basically shut down in 2015 and moved over to a new one, and it just makes the old one look tame in comparison. There's a lot of "buy apartments and rent out the rooms" type of advice from Airbnb "superhosts".

Airbnb slumlord. Very agile and innovative.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

CrazyTolradi posted:

gently caress this whole police state bullshit they're bringing in.

The previous status quo with "designated areas" was bad enough with its Kafkaesque bullshit, now any kid, at any time can get a black mark for any - or no - reason.

"Notice orders" what the hell even are they? I can't find anything online detailing what they do.

Police can hand them out when they don't like the look of you and breaking them can apparently result in jail time. Do they appear on your record? Will they stop kids from getting jobs or further education? Are they going to limit their movement? Will they act as a curfew?

There seems to be just one source online, the Herald Sun, and it's behind a paywall. I'll have to go through the last few days' editions when I get to work and see if it's detailed in the physical copy of the paper.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I love when our country is slowly turning into a police state.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

It's really not detailed. It just says they're giving to a person, including a juvenile without a criminal record, telling them to stay away from the bad man/bad group, if they don't possible fine + prison time.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

hooman posted:

I love when our country is slowly turning into a police state.

"slowly" lmao

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Gorilla Salad posted:

gently caress this whole police state bullshit they're bringing in.

The previous status quo with "designated areas" was bad enough with its Kafkaesque bullshit, now any kid, at any time can get a black mark for any - or no - reason.

"Notice orders" what the hell even are they? I can't find anything online detailing what they do.

Police can hand them out when they don't like the look of you and breaking them can apparently result in jail time. Do they appear on your record? Will they stop kids from getting jobs or further education? Are they going to limit their movement? Will they act as a curfew?

There seems to be just one source online, the Herald Sun, and it's behind a paywall. I'll have to go through the last few days' editions when I get to work and see if it's detailed in the physical copy of the paper.

you can't find anything online because they're just the latest fart out of the liberals brains trust who can't even get the names of enforcement tools right (you have notices and you have orders they're just playing word soup)

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

MiniSune posted:

Does anyone here run "Sushi with Goons" in Freemantle?

If so we could use GoonCoins.

MiniSune posted:

"Sushi with Goons" in Freemantle?

MiniSune posted:

Freemantle

:getout:

But also I've wondered that for years.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

If u were true goons u would walk in and start loudly asking the waitstaff if there are stairs inside their houses

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!

Lid posted:

Labor with the miracle win-win policy

Its a blue moon

Edit: I'll leave my shame here, but this article is from 2016 and not relevant to the present discussion.

Aaaaaand it's gone:

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/federal-election-2016-labor-backflips-on-removing-gst-from-tampons-20160608-gpeslb.html

quote:

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten says Australia cannot afford to dump the GST for tampons, backing down on calls for its removal.

How? How can you be this stupid?

Majestic fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 29, 2018

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Huh? That article is from 2016.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Majestic posted:

How? How can you be this stupid?

you linked the two year old article, you tell us

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

What a self-own.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
Ouch.

I'll blame the Facebook algorithm which put this into my news feed then, saying it was posted by the SMH 12 hours ago.

In this case I'd rather be an idiot and wrong than have that be true, so I'll take the L.

• Locked thread