Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

How did we take TWO wide receivers?

Supposedly lsu dude was a db turned wr and key special teamer. Seems like they wanna beef up our special teams unit which was admittedly p bad last year. Its also the sole reason we signed Bethel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Big Jesus posted:

That's the dumbest formation I've ever seen

Yeah it's really weird. I mean it might make sense if he's running a route from there but pass protection? The only way it would make any kind of sense is that it was supposed to be a T/RB double team and the tackle took the inside instead. So unfair for that little dude!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Who's this LB the Bucs got?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2NPCmlL9s

Fuckin' sold

:hellyeah:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Nola goons...tell me why Mayock had Gage as a top 100 player at 99? Is he that good on special teams??? Ive read that he is a nominal wr talent bit special teams ace...is that accurate?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

weird Asian candy posted:

Nola goons...tell me why Mayock had Gage as a top 100 player at 99? Is he that good on special teams??? Ive read that he is a nominal wr talent bit special teams ace...is that accurate?

I can’t remember single thing he did in an LSU uniform other than once breaking off a jet sweep.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Aha!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Saaaaaaaaaaark :argh:

Seriously tho...top 100 worthy???

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
NFCS Wins Over/Under:

New Orleans - 9.5
Atlanta - 9
Carolina - 9
Tampa Bay - 6.5

Go Bucs!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Over

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Yeah...feel like it's gonna be another tough and competitive year. Bucs had a good offseason as well...COULD THIS BE THE YEAR THEY ESCAPE THE NFCS BASEMENT!?

(probably not but MAYBE)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bucs had a good offseason as well...COULD THIS BE THE YEAR THEY ESCAPE THE NFCS BASEMENT!?

This is exactly how I felt last year before the season started and welp :v:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Yeah...feel like it's gonna be another tough and competitive year. Bucs had a good offseason as well...COULD THIS BE THE YEAR THEY ESCAPE THE NFCS BASEMENT!?

(probably not but MAYBE)

the kiss of death

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Time makes fools of us all

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

This is exactly how I felt last year before the season started and welp :v:

I mean it's gotta happen some year...right?

Chilichimp posted:

the kiss of death

Chili, I dunno if you are on twitter or follow this dude but he is a great follow and a Falcon fan to boot. This Senat kid may be something...that belly rub celebration! I know it's not Payne or Bryan, but maybe (hopefully) him and Grady can feast next to eachother.

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/990761658967523328

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

2002 was a long time ago :sigh:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

(probably not but MAYBE)

Well I mean when I said over I meant 7 wins

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well I mean when I said over I meant 7 wins

Yeah I was agreeing with you on the over

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
After last season I refuse to have any expectations for the Bucs. I've conceded we can't have nice things.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

wandler20 posted:

I refuse to have any expectations for the Bucs

:hai:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ah, who am I kidding, by the end of training camp I'll have myself convinced they'll be a playoff team.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

wandler20 posted:

Ah, who am I kidding, by the end of training camp I'll have myself convinced they'll be a playoff team.

That's funny because by the end of preseason each year I feel like we're about to go 0-16.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

:same:

The Bucs Fan Cycle is eternal

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

to be fair third place counts as "out of the basement" and ATL/NO are both really overdue for a "our QB is injured, we're hosed" season, so there's hope!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

oldskool posted:

to be fair third place counts as "out of the basement" and ATL/NO are both really overdue for a "our QB is injured, we're hosed" season, so there's hope!

shut up shut up shut up shut up

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

oldskool posted:

You dirty son of a

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

You dirty son of a

Maybe Matt schaub can be our foles, who knows! (Oh god please let's not need to find out)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is Matt loving Shaub really the Falcons back up?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Tatsuta Age posted:

Maybe Matt schaub can be our foles, who knows! (Oh god please let's not need to find out)

I was hoping Schaub wouldn't even be on our roster at this point :(

Please Matt stay healthy :ohdear:

Although, Id be down for screw it, Mo Wildcat ball fulltime should that occur.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

The 5 million dollar cap hit says yes.

Send help.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

From whence he came

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No QB controversy this time tho huh

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

oldskool posted:

Our QB got injured when he played in San Diego. Keep your evil away Ricky Bobby.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Our QB got injured when he played in San Diego. Keep your evil away Ricky Bobby.

So you're saying he is due?

Takk, please lay on Brees' shoulder tia

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

oldskool posted:

Just wait till we kick off the Taysom Hill Era

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Just wait till we kick off the Taysom Hill Era

Let's start that era this season imho

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Let's start that era this season imho

If you don't think they'd call Luke McNown out of retirement, you're crazy.

Who's Atlanta's backup, I don't even know.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

If you don't think they'd call Luke McNown out of retirement, you're crazy.

Who's Atlanta's backup, I don't even know.

It was discussed literally like 6 posts ago. Try to keep up, Silly!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Right into my veins...

• Locked thread