Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

verbal enema posted:

You have a good name am I'm said I couldn't do your right because I'm at work

Tom Gorman posted:

He has a Charlie Morton av, he can be HotballsJohnson I guess.

Both of you are angels 👼

I was looking at getting the legendary battle pack but thankfully the smart people in Hebrons steered me away from that bad decision and I thank them. The uniforms are way better than that crapola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

thechalkoutline posted:

I just got him to level 70 and realize I do need to only do WBU because I need gear mats. Fuk

QUESTION: DDE vs POAH for ISO set for a T3 cap

All opinions welcome

Yeah, I started upgrading one gear and got it just slightly above 21 with 2 days of material. So its gonna take a fair bit of T3 material to do the job so its probably best to start stockpiling unless you're low on T2s and might be better served focusing on them.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So is new Cap uniform good enough to take out Odin in the Story Mission?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Steve Vader posted:

So is new Cap uniform good enough to take out Odin in the Story Mission?

I tried briefly for the hell of it. Mine is level 64, unupgraded new uniform, power of angry hulk with 4-6* isos, a 6* custom gear with a physical shield, ignore dodge and dodge, no uru, fully upgraded his 1 and 5 skills. Used his own lead for hp, added Black Widow and Iron Man for easy team bonus. Got him to 85% both on autoplay and manually played. Worse than Wolverine. I suck though and only skimmed his abilities so your mileage may vary.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

STAC Goat posted:

From what I can tell you get about twice as much BAM and Chaos stones from the daily boss than you do from chasing Proxima Ultimate. I'd say that if you have a goal to T3 Cap you should probably do Proxima because it's going to take a lot of T3 material from what I can tell. It will pay long term to start stockpiling. But if you're still focused on T2ing people or working up the native T2s then the Daily Boss will get you those materials quicker. So it's a question of your priorities.

I also suspect the World Boss upgrade is a little buggy because it claims I should get better rewards the farther I go up in Proxima Ultimate but I didn't notice a difference between 1 and 4. Maybe it's just more random or doesn't kick in until later, but I haven't seen a difference the first two days.

That's what I figured. I have beaten up to level 3 on Proximas Ultimate World Boss. I figure you might be just setting it at 1 if you want to farm the mats.

Oh and PSA. One of the drops from Ultimate World Boss is Titan Records. It's a big book. You need 10 of them to get Cap to Tier 3. You can only have a maximum of 10 of them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I played Proxima Ultimate levels from 2 to 3 to 4 yesterday until I just couldn't get past 5. I'll try 5 again today with my better teams. Yesterday I just ended up backing to do 3 or 4 and doing whatever the highest one I could with who I had left. You get some of the T3 materials at every level, and like I said I wasn't actually noticing a difference in rewards between 1 and 4. But I'll still go for "the highest I can get" strategy and see.

I took Cap with his new uniform for a spin at 4 or 5 and he did pretty decent damage even with me just kind of button mashing. He couldn't beat her but he got her down below half energy before her bigger skills kicked in and killed him. I think I eventually got a 4 done with him, Sharon, and Thor. So I'm guessing he'll be good when I figure out his skills and work him up. Plus he doesn't have any useful Urus so I'll do that when I have them.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I tried new uniform cap out in the little test chamber and goddamn his skills come out like crazy fast and cool down crazy fast

But ugh the skin suuuucks I don't really like an of the new ones mines Proxima and Thanks but I'm also bad and boring

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
New Spidey is rad as gently caress and I love one of his moves is just essentially Maximum Spider

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Heard new Bucky is good too. I need crystals :(

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

It's gonna take a few months but they are giving out some good stuff for 7 weeks of the anniversary. 6* bucky, groot, war machine, starlord, hulkbuster, rocket, 1200 crystals, a mega rank up ticket, and various other goodies. I was going to start burning SL bios on winter soldier and groot but now I think I'll wait and keep working on Corvus and getting Cap to 70. If you already have them at 6* you are supposed to get some bios instead.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I'm actually getting sold on the new WB as I engage with it more.

Downsides are :effort: but on the upside a) strikers are important again and b) speed clearing isn't the meta anymore and characters like Cable and Sharon Rogers aren't really viable in like 5+ and the most fun c) physical strikers matter now!

On that topic, what strikers are the big boys using for Physical set-ups? People like X-23 are now better at clearing WBU than Cable! Stimulating

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

OH MY GOD QUICKSILVER IS THE NEW GOD OF WBU

He literally cleared it in 1/10th of the time it took Jean, Strange, anyone

He cleared stage 5 in ~7 seconds!

Mother of god I had only ever used him in PvP

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Quicksilver is easily the #1 right now. Wolverine and Apoc are also crazy strong and sub min kills at stage 9. X-23 is good but she keeps getting randomly gibbed unless I play incredibly careful, and even then sometimes Prox lines up an attack while you're in iframes and the moment your attack finishes you're already stunned and dead. Angel CAN work but same issue as X-23.

New Thanos has actually been reliable for me, not super fast but the healing, invuln and massive iframes means he has been able to clear stage 9 twice.

My 5 have been QS, Wolverine, Apoc, Jean+Strange, Thanos+something usually, for stage 9 at least. Jean and Strange can both solo it but they are a lot slower so they are way more likely to die so I like the backup.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

That's been pretty much exactly my experience, thanks for taking the time to put it into words.

Right now my locks are QS, Wolverine, and X-23

The weakest links are Jean & Strange (who would have thought)

Strange can be alright with the right playstyle and support but Jean has to be replaced

I'm thinking either Apoc per your experience or my T2 Blue Marvel

But yeah the meta is anyone that has the opportunity to be insta-gibbed is done in the new WBU, if anyone has any other meta suggestions I still might like to replace Strange/X-23

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

T2 Angel and costumed Corvus have been able to beat Proxima for me pretty easily, along with QS, Wolverine and Apocalypse.

Hilariously enough costumed Bucky can even do one of the easier levels of WBU, which is just amazing to me that he jumped that much in power. It's not a guaranteed win though.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just unlocked Jean today. Did I do it in time for her to be worthless?

I need to freakin' get past Odin.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Well currently the only WBU boss is Proxima who has massive energy resist, so physical characters are the best for her. But even with that she can still kill it because of how absurdly powerful she is. As we get more WBU bosses she will get more useful on ones that are weaker vs energy.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Okay. She's going to take for-drat-ever to level up anyway. I need a crap ton more MKraan Crystals.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got up to Level 9 on Proxima's Ultimate. I can beat it with Phoenix, Quicksilver, and Wolverine all with some teamup bonuses. Took a bunch of tries and combos but I beat it with a Hulk, Cap, Black Panther combo too. Couldn't find a fifth team so I just too Strange to the 1 with Spidey and Thor to easily get them some of that potential experience. Just gonna take a few days to unlock 10 but I think all those should be doable. I think by the time I get the 5 Hulk one done I should have been able to get the 100 seconds one with a souped up Quicksilver or Wolverine.

Overall I'm definitely enjoying the World Boss changes for the most part. Ultimate seems... easier? More accessible than before. And since its just one set of 5 plays instead of 5 WB and 5 Ultimate it feels less like a chore to do both. I just do my high Ultimates and if I get frustrated or plateaued I finish at a lower level. I'm still getting more BAM and Chaos stones even if I don't get the new stuff.

But I still don't think there's an effective difference in the rewards you get at 1 that you get at 9. In fact, I got my first Titan Record at 1.

I got Cap at 70 and 4/21. Its just gonna take awhile to get the resources for 25.

Steve Vader posted:

Okay. She's going to take for-drat-ever to level up anyway. I need a crap ton more MKraan Crystals.

The trick is converting Phoenix Feathers in the lab to M'Kraan Crystals.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 27, 2018

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

The trick is converting Phoenix Feathers in the lab to M'Kraan Crystals.

You can't just do a 1 to 1, right? Don't you have to combine all the valuable stuff to make any conversion?

Also, I still have my mega Mythic token. Cap or Thanos?

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 28, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think they work on characters like Thanos, but if they do he's the answer. Cap and anyone below Story Mission 12 is cheap to work up so kind of a waste to use tickets/tokens on. I mean, do it if you really want but you get more bang for your buck if you chooser a harder to farm character.

M'kraan Crystals cost Phoenix Feathers, BAM, Dimension Debris, and Anti-Matter. Its not cheap but they're all easier to farm than M'Kraan Crystals. If you spend enough time doing the Magneto and Jean stages you'll collect them and max out in time, but when I was doing Jean, Mags, and the original X-Men I routinely turned to the Lab when my Feathers were maxed and I was just waiting for Crystals.

The strategy I'd suggest is to just wait until you max your feathers and instead of selling some convert some to crystals.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Any words on the pile of uniforms? I grabbed Winter Soldier since he seems like 'most improved' but I'm waiting on the others. Thanos looks good but I have his hobo outfit at mythical so it might not be a great investment. Probably not going to get the extreme legendary battle bundle, seems like a bad deal unless I'm also going to mythic everything else and nah.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Iron Spidey kicks rear end

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

Any words on the pile of uniforms? I grabbed Winter Soldier since he seems like 'most improved' but I'm waiting on the others. Thanos looks good but I have his hobo outfit at mythical so it might not be a great investment. Probably not going to get the extreme legendary battle bundle, seems like a bad deal unless I'm also going to mythic everything else and nah.

Agreed on the legendary battle, this one seems bad or not as good as the past 2.

And I’m in same boat as you, only uniform I grabbed was Bucky and it’s amazing.
I’ve been reading some on reddit for more impressions but am also still waiting on any others.

The consensus I’ve seen is both Thor and iron spider adds more damage but arent game changers, iron man seems like a glass cannon - he gets a ton more damage but loses some iframes (lol), both Corvus and proxima are boosts but don’t seem necessary if your strapped. Black widow is a small updgrade. Groot i have no idea. Haven’t really seen much on captain, I’m on fence about him, if I go to t3 w him I’ll prob buy his new one. And thanos new uniform has better damage but if you’ve invested in SW uniform it prob isn’t worth it like you said.
So nothing really meta changing from what I’ve read so far...but on the plus side none of them seem like downgrades.

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 28, 2018

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I got Proxima's uniform. It's pretty good.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

wish i got it instead of thanos, i miss that hobocape

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I miss the infinite beam but the new Thanos uni is a ton stronger overall, his new attacks are really good at going off and breaking the animations of other characters in timeline.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I bought the Cap and Widow ones for maximum improvement value. Not disappointed. I just finished Shadowland and it was one of those weeks where everything seemed a step harder than usual and I was getting a rush of one or two types that left my roster a bit short in areas and I was using people earlier than I'd like. Ultimately I had to use Black Widow at Floor 26 and she tore it apart. Then I went with Cap vs Daredevil since my usual suspects were used and he pulled it off without a sweat. Two very good improvements and new top tier or two players for my team.

I'm getting 100 crystals for the monthly login in 2 days so I should be able to grab another costume if my math is right. Barely. Maybe. I'm thinking Winter Soldier for the same "maximum improvement" thing. But I might do Proxima or Corvus as i have a ton of speeds and a beefier Universal Villain could b e nice. Proxima took down Floor 24 this week so she might not need it. And I tend to just use Corvus for an early Floor because I'm not great with him, so maybe him.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Reddit was praising the Corvus costume as making him into a late stage contender, so yeah maybe.

Somebody also reported that Bucky soloed SL30 in ~15s though, and he's apparently a monster on timeline for use now that QS is banned from time to time. So there's that.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
A:IW got me to want to play this game again.

I quit right after I got Jean Grey when the mutants launched. Is there anything I should know? And are there any open spots in any Alliance. I was (rightfully) removed from Doctor Goons.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yay, cleared SL for the first time ever today! All I had left at 30 was Magneto and Cable. I basically put them both in and just let Cable do his 5 skill and sat back for like 2 minutes while it killed Daredevil.

Also I just got a free T2 selector as an admin reward, what was that for?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

3rd anniversary gifts! Yay! I used it to get Sharon Rogers over the bump.

Really wish they’d give me something to use on Jean and Thanos.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

AzraelNewtype posted:

Reddit was praising the Corvus costume as making him into a late stage contender, so yeah maybe.

Somebody also reported that Bucky soloed SL30 in ~15s though, and he's apparently a monster on timeline for use now that QS is banned from time to time. So there's that.

I've said it before in this thread, I think, but I highly recommend Bucky's uniform before this sale is over to anyone who has the crystals. It turns him from unusable trash to one of the best speed characters in the game. I use him to solo level 7 Proxima now.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

I applied to Doctor Goons as DawnRaids. I'm coming back after a 6 month break.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
How can I get a screenshot of all my characters so somebody can help me figure out who the gently caress I should be upgrading/acquiring?

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Reapplied to Doctor Goons as Mathreea.
Oh geez, so many options. I get a free 6*. Looks like the one with the highest pick percentage that I don't already have is Shuri? Or is that a waste.

Also please tell me Scarlet Witch is good. My true Marvel waifu.

Doctor_Acula fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 29, 2018

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I got Bucky, Cap and Thanos costumes. Any other must gets?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Doctor_Acula posted:

Reapplied to Doctor Goons as Mathreea.
Oh geez, so many options. I get a free 6*. Looks like the one with the highest pick percentage that I don't already have is Shuri? Or is that a waste.

Also please tell me Scarlet Witch is good. My true Marvel waifu.

She's good. You won't hear a lot about her because she's not quite Top Tier and she came at the same time as Quicksilver, Cable, and Apocalypse who are Top Tier. But she's real close and powerful.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Applied to BOLTAGOONS as chelatek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I must be missing something with WBU as I cannot take down anyone in it. Wolverine is as powerful as I can make him, with isos and urus beefed up as much as I can, but he can only do about %50 damage before he gets overwhelmed. Q slightly less, and cable can't do squat.

I used my T2 on Red Hulk as Satana was next on my list to t2 but for some reason she wasn't eligible, which is weird because Helstrum is. I think someone mentioned Rulk was good offhandedly once.

I've got enough crystals to buy one more costume, I'm thinking of either iron man or thor, but I have the CW costume for IM and Rag for Thor, so maybe Proxima Midnight, who is the current WB i'm leveling.