Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/robochai/status/903772679278403584

https://twitter.com/robochai/status/990669757052530689

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Garfield is trash but that hit me just right.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That is honestly wonderful.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How dare you make me like Garfield

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Those are cute but you could honestly make them about just a random cartoonist and they would work the same.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

At least it's not another loving Calvin and Hobbes 20 years later strip.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

At least it's not another loving Calvin and Hobbes 20 years later strip.

In my head canon adult Calvin is involuntarily institutionalized because the voice in his head spurred him into a killing spree.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I liked Garfield as a kid and I regret nothing. This was wholesome as hell :3:

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I liked Garfield as a kid and I regret nothing. This was wholesome as hell :3:

Hard to believe, but back in the 80's, Garfield was pretty good. It had a funny edge to it. Not a really sharp edge, but it beat out the milksop that surrounded it. Then sometime in the 90's Garfield lost the edge and became soggy crap, probably around the time Jim Davis bought his eighth solid gold Rolls-Royce.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gynovore posted:

Hard to believe, but back in the 80's, Garfield was pretty good. It had a funny edge to it. Not a really sharp edge, but it beat out the milksop that surrounded it. Then sometime in the 90's Garfield lost the edge and became soggy crap, probably around the time Jim Davis bought his eighth solid gold Rolls-Royce.

It's actually gotten a lot better since Jon and Liz got together

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Proteus Jones posted:

In my head canon adult Calvin is involuntarily institutionalized because the voice in his head spurred him into a killing spree.

or you saw an episode of Robot Chicken :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Those are cute but you could honestly make them about just a random cartoonist and they would work the same.

Quick, remake it to be about Scott Adams.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Baller Ina posted:

Can I just say that your avatar is simply charming and puts me in an immediately great mood?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Rhyno posted:

Quick, remake it to be about Scott Adams.

That's easy. Just imagine that the Jon character is the one with friends in the first comic, but rather than being supportive of Liz, belittles her in front of his friends.

In the second, just imagine that he threatens to sue the little kid for stealing his intellectual property. He agrees to take the girl's sketch in trade for not suing her into oblivion. He has it framed as a trophy.

(I do not have any evidence that Scott Adams has acted in this specific manner in reality. I do however believe that he is a piece of poo poo for other reasons)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Scott Adams is definitely litigious.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Baller Ina posted:

Hm... that may be. It’s been *years* since I’ve watched that show, but it could be circulating in the depths of my memory.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno if I could accept a touching take on Garfield after Lasagna Cat.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I used to love love love Garfield as a kid and would re-read the collections so many times. The cartoons were great too (and if want some tears watch the 9 Lives of Garfield cartoon for some well deserved tears) and that strip posted above hit the right spot.
Given Davies admiration for fan stuff, and even off beat stuff like Garfield without Garfield, I could see him really appreciating that fan strip.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Proteus Jones posted:

If anything the voices in adult Calvin's head would try to stop him from going on a killing spree if Hobbes is any indication.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Infinitum posted:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Infinitum posted:

then you'll hate me for this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfu3hHuoovc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5S7dlYm7o

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

It's just as well.

I'm not crying, you're crying!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The ending of Spider-Man #240 hit me right in the feels. This is Bendis’s last issue, so I included his farewell letter, as well.

For context, Miles has been in the hospital after the Champions’ fight with the new Sinister Six, where they discovered he had a really nasty viral infection that his super-powered physiology made treating difficult.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I love both Peter's Raccoon and Spider sons.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I was poking around Imgur earlier and found some nice Batman/Superman panels I thought some people here might appreciate. Linking to the gallery rather than posting the whole thing here because :effort:

Superman and Batman, Not so different.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Where should I start to catch up with Peter and Miles?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

W.T. Fits posted:

I was poking around Imgur earlier and found some nice Batman/Superman panels I thought some people here might appreciate. Linking to the gallery rather than posting the whole thing here because :effort:

Superman and Batman, Not so different.

Pretty sure those were posted earlier in this thread, with actual credit to the issues they are from.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Pretty sure those were posted earlier in this thread, with actual credit to the issues they are from.

I don't remember those panels being posted earlier; I do remember someone posting a few pages of an issue where Supes and Lois were on a double date with Batman and Catwoman, where everyone traded costumes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Patrick Spens posted:

Where should I start to catch up with Peter and Miles?
Post-Secret Wars Miles was moved into 616 in Spider-Man, which Bendis just finished off his run on. Nothing for Miles has been announced going forward other than Champions continuing, as far as I'm aware. Peter is, of course, in Amazing Spider-Man with Dan Slott's run finishing up shortly and Nick Spencer taking over. More importantly Chip Zdarsky is writing him in Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, which is definitely worth picking up. You can also join us in the Newspaper Spider-Man thread where we follow his daily adventures, and you're in luck as a new story arc is beginning!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

biracial bear for uncut posted:

if you expand the imgur album and read to the bottom the poster credits it to https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batman-2016/batman-36

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Journey Into Mystery 645

Comedy option
"Do it. Just do it. Promise me."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Endless Mike posted:

Peter is, of course, in Amazing Spider-Man with Dan Slott's run finishing up shortly and Nick Spencer taking over.

The Psychologically Tortured Spider-man, can't wait.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

More like Journey into Misery :smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Synthbuttrange posted:

More like Journey into Misery :smith:

Here’s a fun book about a young Loki trying to do good! He has friends and a dog! It’s great!

Now watch me DESTROY IT ALL PIECE BY PIECE.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I can't read Keiron Gillen's JIM because I got the whole TPB run as a gift from someone I was in love with very deeply who died rather suddenly. Every time I try to read it I think of her, and I get all weepy and emotional.

What I read was excellent, though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I can't read Keiron Gillen's JIM because I got the whole TPB run as a gift from someone I was in love with very deeply who died rather suddenly. Every time I try to read it I think of her, and I get all weepy and emotional.

Um, this is terrible and I am very sorry for your loss. Can we help in any way?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Um, this is terrible and I am very sorry for your loss. Can we help in any way?

It happened 3 years ago. I'm not really over it but I think just talking about it and acknowledging it is good. I'm getting a tattoo to memorialize her soon and then I'm gonna try to date again, although I've tried since, it just hasn't worked out.

I do appreciate the thought, though. But if you're not careful I might start to think you're an alright guy, Rhyno. Quick, call *checks notes* Endless Mike an rear end in a top hat!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm sorry, I understand how you feel. Fair warning, the actual content of the book isn't gonna cheer you up any.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please don't have a meltdown the first time you get positive female attention. But sorry to hear that. That's tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

It happened 3 years ago. I'm not really over it but I think just talking about it and acknowledging it is good. I'm getting a tattoo to memorialize her soon and then I'm gonna try to date again, although I've tried since, it just hasn't worked out.

I do appreciate the thought, though. But if you're not careful I might start to think you're an alright guy, Rhyno. Quick, call *checks notes* Endless Mike an rear end in a top hat!

I lost a woman I once loved last February, I understand where you are.