Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

I just got a shiny level 100 Kyurem in a Wonder Trade. what's going on

Some random Pokemon youtuber or fansite doing an "event" by sending out blatantly hacked Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
well drat, I wish they'd sent me a Shaymin

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I work at Target if anyone needs codes. Just let me know.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Aerofallosov posted:

I would like a code, please.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Aerofallosov posted:

I too would like a code, but don't have PMs.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Aerofallosov posted:

Please send me a code! I work night shifts and am asleep during normal store hours :tootzzz:

Guy Forget
Dec 25, 2006
It's not pronounced the way you think.

Aerofallosov posted:

I'd like one as well! Not only do I work nights, but I live more than an hour from the nearest Target.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I'll try to ninja grab a stack for you guys when I get in.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I have an NA DS but live in Europe, so I could do with a code.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I just realized that as of USUM there are 403 Pokémon in the Alola Dex, out of 807 total. So in Alola, of all Pokémon, there are 404 not found.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Oyster posted:

I just realized that as of USUM there are 403 Pokémon in the Alola Dex, out of 807 total. So in Alola, of all Pokémon, there are 404 not found.

:dadjoke:
I love it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Walmart has digital Ultra Sun and Moon for $29.99 each if you're looking to make space in your cartridge slot.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Aerofallosov posted:

I'd like one too please. No Targets anywhere near me.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Is it worth upgrading to Ultra Moon of I already have Sun? I don't battle online.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Agoat posted:

Is it worth upgrading to Ultra Moon of I already have Sun? I don't battle online.

Its kinda subjective, the plot is mostly the same with some expanded ultra-space/necrozma stuff mixed in, a couple new pokemon. The postgame Episode RR is fun.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

hangedman1984 posted:

Its kinda subjective, the plot is mostly the same with some expanded ultra-space/necrozma stuff mixed in, a couple new pokemon. The postgame Episode RR is fun.

If there's a lot of post game content I'm def in.

Edit: Bought it on lunch break, lol.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 27, 2018

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Oyster posted:

these are the jokes i live for

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Any word on how I can get one of those sonichu-looking zoroarc things yet?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Aerofallosov posted:

I'll take one if there's an extra. I am just now getting around to doing the wormhole stuff.

E: but where are the Tapus in this Ultra?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Same place they were in the original - beat the game and then go visit them at their homes.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ogmius815 posted:

The Japanese don't get it until the Summer 2018 movie. Gamestop will probably have a distribution in the fall barring a rush to Generation 8 (or a surprise Diamond and Pearl remake for the 3DS to hold over Switch plans.)

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Does anyone have a spare code for the Target event they could PM me? I have spaced it and don't know when or if I'll be able to get there before the event ends.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

Any word on of they will ever re-release Diancie again? Cause it was just the one time and that was it.

Probably the hardest mystic (?) pokemon to find out there, would love to have one just to round my dex out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm a very casual Pokemon player (usually just slowly go through the game over the course of a year) and at first I felt kind of cheated by Ultra Moon because it is so similar. But I dunno the quality of life improvements are really solid and I'm playing on a New 3DS so it runs a lot better so that combined has left me ultimately enjoying it and even I'm not really playing these games for the story.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
TIL that Florges has a higher BST than Volcarona and Naganadel

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
florges is one of those pokemon that i can't figure out how to use normally, but my hole clenches every time i see that fucker in random battle

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Rick posted:

I'm a very casual Pokemon player (usually just slowly go through the game over the course of a year) and at first I felt kind of cheated by Ultra Moon because it is so similar. But I dunno the quality of life improvements are really solid and I'm playing on a New 3DS so it runs a lot better so that combined has left me ultimately enjoying it and even I'm not really playing these games for the story.

Being able to save by pressing X then Y immediately is the best QoL improvement I've ever encountered.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
For me it's still going straight to the box when using a pc.

...in the second place. The first one is infinite use TMs.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

for me it's paging a pokemon to use the hm moves instead of needing to keep slaves around

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
For me the best QoL improvement was Alolan Golem

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Yeah I'm gonna go with infinite TMs as my answer.

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk
I'm in the UK and tried on 25th April to get Entei for Ultra Sun via Mystery Gift, but all I got was a message that the gift wasn't there. Are the US Target codes region locked or would I be able to get Entei that way (assuming I can even get hold of a code)? If not, could someone here from the US possibly use a code on their game and gift me Entei? I've never traded Pokemon so don't know how it works. I'll happily donate money to a charity of the person's choosing if someone's able to help me out.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Today is the 1000th episode of the Pokemon Anime in dubbed format based on the official numbering.

Bursk posted:

I'm in the UK and tried on 25th April to get Entei for Ultra Sun via Mystery Gift, but all I got was a message that the gift wasn't there. Are the US Target codes region locked or would I be able to get Entei that way (assuming I can even get hold of a code)? If not, could someone here from the US possibly use a code on their game and gift me Entei? I've never traded Pokemon so don't know how it works. I'll happily donate money to a charity of the person's choosing if someone's able to help me out.

Game codes and online giveaways are region coded, though it may change with the switch. Trading Pokemon is a matter of getting a friend code from another player, adding them as a friend, then going to the festival plaza and selecting trade while both players are online.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Missives from the Crystalverse return:

I think one of the reasons why I have such a soft spot for Johto is because of all the cool things you're doing all the way through that aren't really related to the gyms.

Getting to the top of Sprout Tower, finding the beasts, saving Ampharos, capturing Gyarados, swinging back to Union Cave and Ruins of Alph.

There's a lot like that in the newer games, but holy moly is there a lot of talking about every little thing. It's a lot easier to get in the zone in Johto than G6 or 7.

Just my $0.02, but it's nice to go back and realize why you're so fond for something instead of just having the feeling.

Time to team up with my boy Lance and wreck some house.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I am really getting sick of hatching eggs for this drat shiny Hawlucha. Eight boxes full and still nothing? This masuda method + shiny charm is some bullcrap!

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Ultra Sun has a pretty great pace to it if you slow down to find the Totem Stickers, sidequests, etc. I just evolved Rockruff at 5:35!

Next playthrough I'm going to make a team of Ride Pokemon; I'm thinking Charizard/Mantine/Machamp/Stoutland/Mudsdale/Solgaleo

The Golden Gael fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 29, 2018

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Haven't played Pokemon since White/Black(since I didn't have a 3DS), any big changes I should know about that aren't in the OP?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

RatHat posted:

Haven't played Pokemon since White/Black(since I didn't have a 3DS), any big changes I should know about that aren't in the OP?

The most important new feature added since those ones is wonder trading, which is where you do a blind trade with someone else in the world chosen randomly. The online features are accessed through something called "Festival Plaza."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bongo Bill posted:

The most important new feature added since those ones is wonder trading, which is where you do a blind trade with someone else in the world chosen randomly. The online features are accessed through something called "Festival Plaza."

Wouldn't everyone just use a trash pokemon for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

RatHat posted:

Wouldn't everyone just use a trash pokemon for that?

I mean that definitely happens but tons of people put up breeding project rejects too. Which sounds bad but keep in mind "rejects" in this instance is usually things like "I was trying to breed a shiny Bulbasaur with the perfect stats and moves and it took 200 eggs to get one so now I'll wondertrade away a bunch of these non-shiny ones who still have perfect stats and moves".