Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm poor as heck right now and I've found myself going vegetarian since the only meat I can really afford is bottom-shelf hell hot dogs made of mystery meats.

Thanks poverty~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
EDIT: I got taken in by a fake account, it's me I'm the IoSM

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/986698851074691072

Asiina has a new favorite as of 03:42 on Apr 30, 2018

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Aramek posted:

"Eggplant tastes like eggplant. But meat? Meat tastes like murder. And murder tastes pretty God damned good."

"Did you know that it takes three acres of grain to produce one pound of beef?"
"gently caress you, Pat. Three acres of grain tastes terrible with a baked potato."

EDIT:

T-man posted:

hot dogs made of mystery meats

:thejoke:

nael
Sep 10, 2009
I haven't smoked weed in almost a year, and I didn't miss it until I started reading this guy's posts.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I’m so vegan I will only perform cunnilingus on a fleshlight.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

I mean this is kind of melodramatic but vaping is almost definitely healthier than smoking so the sentiment is in the right place.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Trig Discipline posted:

lmao

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Trig Discipline posted:

Saying that you choose not to do something implies you can do it in the first case. Don't lie to the internet, you goon.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Agreed. I've tried eggplant in every way conceivable, and it still tastes horrible. I even grew it in my garden one year to force myself to figure out a tasty way to cook it. I failed.

I know eggplant can work if you slice it and then pan fry it in butter and add salt but then a shoe would probably taste great after that treatment.

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

I mean this is kind of melodramatic but vaping is almost definitely healthier than smoking so the sentiment is in the right place.

On the other hand smokers have a healthy degree of shame and self awareness. Where as vapers will do it anywhere at any time and argue over their right to be allowed to do it.

A few months ago I saw one get kicked out of a clothing store. Crying out "it's vape! It's vape! It's not smoke!"

Katt has a new favorite as of 08:06 on Apr 30, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Katt posted:

I know eggplant can work if you slice it and then pan fry it in butter and add salt but then a shoe would probably taste great after that treatment.

I saw a post or tweet about that the other day.

"I thought I liked peanut butter. Then I had some that was sugar-, salt- and oil-free. Now I know I like sugar, salt and oil."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Wouldn't oil-free peanut butter just be peanut dust?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Memento posted:

I saw a post or tweet about that the other day.

"I thought I liked peanut butter. Then I had some that was sugar-, salt- and oil-free. Now I know I like sugar, salt and oil."

This is a good quote. I'm saving this one for later.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Judas Horse posted:

Substitute meats suck so generally going veg it's way easier to just use beans or eggplant or whatever as a base instead. I was vegan and homeless for a coupla years and ate a ton of peanut butter, pasta, beans, and canned spinach. It ended up being cheaper than being not-vegan but it is pretty radically different in the way you construct meals if you're on a budget.

For the record yeah I had like 3 patch jackets and smelled fantastic too :v:

e: Also wow I only just clicked back to see what this is in reference to and gently caress that dude. People like that are basically what drove me out of being vegan. People take the "do no harm" thing and go really loving extreme with it, even berating indigenous people for hunting in the loving arctic.

I just want to sum up here and have you confirm that being homeless did not stop you from being vegan, but other vegans stopped you from being vegan.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wouldn't oil-free peanut butter just be peanut dust?

You'd have to somehow remove the oil from the nuts because if you just crush up peanuts they have enough oil in them that you get peanut butter. I haven't checked but I doubt it's usual to add any oil to any peanut butter because peanuts are about 50% oil already.

The best peanut butter is actually just 100% crushed peanuts.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Tiggum posted:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

Saying that you choose not to do something implies you can do it in the first case. Don't lie to the internet, you goon.

I'll have you know that I go to mound city so often people mistake me for the last living remnant of the prehistoric Hopewell culture.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Katt posted:

On the other hand smokers have a healthy degree of shame and self awareness. Where as vapers will do it anywhere at any time and argue over their right to be allowed to do it.

A few months ago I saw one get kicked out of a clothing store. Crying out "it's vape! It's vape! It's not smoke!"

I vape and I've always followed the same, super simple rule: Don't vape anywhere you can't smoke. Simple. No one wants your cloud of blueberry kiwi wafting over them any more than they'd want cigarette smoke wafting over them. I hate people who vape everywhere and then get indignant when called on it because it's, "not smoke".

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Untrustable posted:

I vape and I've always followed the same, super simple rule: Don't vape anywhere you can't smoke. Simple. No one wants your cloud of blueberry kiwi wafting over them any more than they'd want cigarette smoke wafting over them. I hate people who vape everywhere and then get indignant when called on it because it's, "not smoke".

I am not trying to start a thing or anything, but I don't really get why people get bothered by vaping. I don't use a vape, but I used to, and used the same general rule, but I am not sure why people are bothered by fruit-scented steam.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

cash crab posted:

I am not trying to start a thing or anything, but I don't really get why people get bothered by vaping. I don't use a vape, but I used to, and used the same general rule, but I am not sure why people are bothered by fruit-scented steam.

Because it's horrible and cloying and smells like someone took a fruit flavoured fart up each of your nostrils.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Vape is chemicals!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

cash crab posted:

Because it smells disgusting.

Smoking smells like poo poo, and it still smells better than vaping.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

You'd have to somehow remove the oil from the nuts because if you just crush up peanuts they have enough oil in them that you get peanut butter. I haven't checked but I doubt it's usual to add any oil to any peanut butter because peanuts are about 50% oil already.

They add oil to make it more easily spreadable and less likely to harden and also emulsifiers and stuff to keep it from separating. The consistency of lovely cheap peanut butter and 100% crushed peanuts is pretty different. Also the sugar and salt.

Slime posted:

Because it's horrible and cloying and smells like someone took a fruit flavoured fart up each of your nostrils.
still not as bad as walking past or standing next to someone heavily perfumed

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I have to disagree. Smoking does smell like poo poo, but I would love if all of the smokers around me would vape.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tiggum posted:

I haven't checked but I doubt it's usual to add any oil to any peanut butter because peanuts are about 50% oil already.

You should check.

Salt sugar and oil make up 15% of this jar. Standard Kraft crunchy peanut butter.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Tiggum posted:

You forgot capitalism. Peanut oil is more expensive that most other vegetable oils. So of course that gets extracted and the remaining peanut dust is mixed with cheaper oils to get peanut butter.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

cash crab posted:

It smells like poo poo and people do it indoors in confined areas.

Maybe the steam tastes like fruit but it smells like someone left old candy on a radiator.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Memento posted:

You should check.

Salt sugar and oil make up 15% of this jar. Standard Kraft crunchy peanut butter.

Hold up

There's a street named Vegemite Way?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's not as bad as that. But vape does reek of cheap esters.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mikl posted:

Hold up

There's a street named Vegemite Way?
Big companies have their address named after them all the time. I always like to imagine what it's like to be the second company to build on Vegemite Way.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Untrustable posted:

No one wants your cloud of blueberry kiwi wafting over them any more than they'd want cigarette smoke wafting over them.
Tobacco smoke gives me migraines, vape smoke doesn't. I vastly prefer clouds of blueberry kiwi for this very simple reason, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

cash crab posted:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/19/the-5-most-annoying-things-about-vaping-4953458/

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

The Metro posted:

No wonder gaping is so popular with hipsters. It’s another pretentious prop for drawing attention to yourself.

:thunk:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

Tobacco smoke gives me migraines, vape smoke doesn't. I vastly prefer clouds of blueberry kiwi for this very simple reason, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Imagine you're standing in line at a coffee shop. Someone whips out a can of axe and sprays it into the air above their heads.

Would you find this behavior normal? Would you tell them to go outside if they want to huff deodorant?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Peanut oil is a desirable and expensive commodity. It's removed from the crushed peanuts and sold off separately, while lovely cheap vegetable oil is added back in to make spreadable peanut butter.

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here

evobatman posted:

I just want to sum up here and have you confirm that being homeless did not stop you from being vegan, but other vegans stopped you from being vegan.

Correct! :rip:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

[link to article in a newspaper literally run by Nazis whining about 'hipsters' vaping removed so as not to give them ad revenue]

The Metro is owned by the Daily Mail, so whining about literally everything that young people are doing - or relatively new technology in general, since these alleged people still whine about 'flat screen TVs' as if they are some new, luxuriously decadent thing - is not really surprising.

I find people blowing gigantic clouds obnoxious, and I say that at someone that vaped and steadily reduced down to 0 nicotine to quit. But it's infinitely nicer that the smell of cigarettes, it disperses in the air very quickly, it doesn't cling to your clothes and hair, and doesn't result in discarded butts all over the place.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Quote-Unquote posted:

But it's infinitely nicer that the smell of cigarettes

To you, perhaps. Still smells like hot garbage to me.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/boschfawstin/status/990294715349090309?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

cash crab posted:

I'm a vaper and I take the same stance as the other goon in that I only vape where you're allowed to smoke because I understand that everyone exhales and it goes everywhere but when it's in the form of steam we can *see* your breath. I don't want to breathe your visual mouth excrement, I won't make you breathe mine.