Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'm not sure if it's the Windrush scandal so much as the Amber Rudd Lying to Parliament For No Reason scandal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Hey look you motherfuckers. I just read about this windrush thing today and if you let that poo poo go through without burning goddamn Westminster down I will judge the poo poo out of all of you!

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Zeroisanumber posted:

Hey look you motherfuckers. I just read about this windrush thing today and if you let that poo poo go through without burning goddamn Westminster down I will judge the poo poo out of all of you!

The fact that literally anything came of it speaks volumes to how hosed up the entire situation is. The only reason Rudd ended up getting the boot was because she was caught bang to rights lying to parliament, twice. It wasn't the mass deportations of British citizens, nor the extremely racist "hostile environment", but actually just being caught lying.

gently caress.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Firos posted:

The fact that literally anything came of it speaks volumes to how hosed up the entire situation is. The only reason Rudd ended up getting the boot was because she was caught bang to rights lying to parliament, twice. It wasn't the mass deportations of British citizens, nor the extremely racist "hostile environment", but actually just being caught lying.

gently caress.

Burn. loving Parliament. Down. Thx.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
guy fawkes day 2: corbyn boogaloo

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
RIP her

How many years have you guys got left now until the next election?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

hakimashou posted:

RIP her

this depends on whether may has contracted resiginitis :thunk:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

hakimashou posted:

RIP her

Probably 4. But we hold out hope Brexit brings the government down in the next 18 months.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I'm not sure if it's the Windrush scandal so much as the Amber Rudd Lying to Parliament For No Reason scandal.

It's absolutely 100% lying to Parliament. Treating people who've lived in this country since the 50s like this should have been enough but once again the establishment care more about decorum than real life consequences.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There's also a reasonable idea that she'd pissed off her department enough that they were just going to keep leaking increasingly damning documents until she resigned. And there might be stuff that implicates May even harder.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

forkboy84 posted:

Probably 4. But we hold out hope Brexit brings the government down in the next 18 months.

It's absolutely 100% lying to Parliament. Treating people who've lived in this country since the 50s like this should have been enough but once again the establishment care more about decorum than real life consequences.

Did she lie to parliament again? I remember months ago people were saying she lied to parliament.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Did she lie to parliament again? I remember months ago people were saying she lied to parliament.

She lied in a select committee last week, saying there were no targets to kick people out. The next day she had to speak in front of the Commons to explain that actually there were targets but she didn't know they existed. By Friday leaks came out saying she had known so she tweeted that they weren't targets, they were just an ambition. And then more leaks and it's been made clear she's been making poo poo up on this issue since the Windrush fiasco came to light.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

forkboy84 posted:

She lied in a select committee last week, saying there were no targets to kick people out. The next day she had to speak in front of the Commons to explain that actually there were targets but she didn't know they existed. By Friday leaks came out saying she had known so she tweeted that they weren't targets, they were just an ambition. And then more leaks and it's been made clear she's been making poo poo up on this issue since the Windrush fiasco came to light.

the press is gonna blame Abbott for being too mean to her

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

bump_fn posted:

the press is gonna blame Abbott for being too mean to her

Don't start. I don't need this first thing on a monday.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Diane Abbott Owns

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
she’s extremely good op

https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/986685449585512448

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Shamber Dudd

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Cerv posted:

just from government

who do we think will get this poisoned chalice? has to be a Remainer to keep the balance in cabinet, so that leaves Sajid Javid?

Well called. Although don't see who else she could have appointed at this stage lol

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

vodkat posted:

Well called. Although don't see who else she could have appointed at this stage lol
yeah should've put a bet at ladbrokes
£10 on the desperate process of elimination

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/martinedobor/status/990883444283576320

lmao

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hire more women guards etc

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
They couldn’t have appointed an egglier Secretary even if they managed to get Humpty Dumpty back together

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
it's a bit worrying that the new home secretary called momentum neofacist terrorists or whatever it was. theres pretty much no way he can act on that rhetoric without doing horrible things.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
a bame guy implementing the hostile environment policy… now that's progress

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/status/990904159007330305

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

exmarx posted:

a bame guy implementing the hostile environment policy… now that's progress

he also voted for it every time

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

He'll fit right in

https://twitter.com/Alain_Tolhurst/status/990901350551703552?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's also not true unless Jews somehow don't count as a minority in the UK?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

forkboy84 posted:

Jews are pretty much Schrodinger's minority in most of the western world.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

forkboy84 posted:

no one ever counts Disraeli as really jewish. it's weird, but he did try himself to write that bit out of the family history

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

https://twitter.com/shelleylphelps/status/990928578970824704

A Handed Missus has issued a correction as of 13:34 on Apr 30, 2018

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
https://twitter.com/a_leesha1/status/990632110250774529

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

What should my twitter handle be now the Tories are paying me to post... Uhh... Instagram model pic and I'll call myself Tory Karen. Delightfully devilish!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cerv posted:

no one ever counts Disraeli as really jewish. it's weird, but he did try himself to write that bit out of the family history

Even if you don't count him there was Leon Brittan and Michael Howard. And if you look at the other great offices you've got David Miliband and Malcolm Rifkind at FCO, and Nigel Lawson at the Treasury.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/pabforester/status/990971006083829760
https://twitter.com/pabforester/status/990971505612935168
https://twitter.com/pabforester/status/990971695056945159
https://twitter.com/pabforester/status/990981536999763974

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
now ask how that guy feels about political correctness

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Taintrunner posted:

now ask how that guy feels about political correctness

Well he's literally retweeting people defending Tommy Robinson so I think we can suss this one out.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I hope the lammypost marks a new labour social media strategy because that was straight fire

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I don't know any about English politics, what's going on here? Why do they do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know any about English politics, what's going on here? Why do they do that?