Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I mean she's communicating the message of the president pretty effectively IMO.

She talks like a mix between a dementia-addled 1950's racist and the mom from Arrested Development, but with less direction or conviction and even more anger, if you can imagine that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Had Subway for dinner. Ordered a chicken bacon ranch, with lettuce and green peppers. Got home, realized they gave me mayonnaise instead of the titular ranch. It was disappointing.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I have recently moved for the sole purpose of shortening my commute to work, and now my commute is too short for me to eat breakfast during. :saddowns:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Had Subway for dinner. Ordered a chicken bacon ranch, with lettuce and green peppers. Got home, realized they gave me mayonnaise instead of the titular ranch. It was disappointing.

One of the worst feelings is when you're expecting one flavor, and then you get something totally different. It's like your brain hits a speed bump.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I leave for another expedition tomorrow, two months off the coast of New Zealand drilling into a volcano, and mostly I'm just going to miss my fiancee :( Gets harder to leave every time.

Also I have to pack and that's never fun.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm well enough to work full time again but I was really enjoying the lazy days I was having while I was sick.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

ReidRansom posted:

Also I have to pack and that's never fun.

Agreed. I work as a touring roadie and I thought I had more time off between tours, but I landed another job that starts in 4 weeks and lasts for 10 months. Having to pack for warm weather, cold weather, and everything in between sucks.

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here
My mom keeps asking to hang out with me because she spends so much time on the road but when we hang out she just spends all her time on her phone or complaining about her exes. She never asks me how I'm doing and if I don't want to hang out with her she literally whines at me. Like a puppy. I've tried to talk to her about it but she recently befriended a bunch of 4channer dudes so I literally cannot talk to her without a racist tirade happening.

Also I'm pretty sure I bombed my English final but my grade's good enough I'm not too worried. Just annoyed I misunderstood what we were doing and didn't think to clarify.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I was given coffee today but this nut flavored creamer was used and all I taste is macadamia nuts. It's overwhelming. :(

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I just went cross-eyed over reading a misuse of literally in a textbook.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
We moved the other day, and as a bit of a moving present / he-wanted-to-offload-it, my brother gave me a fold-out table for my computer. It replaced a computer desktop I've had for literally most of my life, from the house I grew up in, to the dorm I went to, to my former apartment.

Outside of a divot in the middle since it's a fold-out, it's perfect. The keyboard is at the perfect height. I can type with ease (and a lot less typos), my posture is better because of the height I'm able to sit, etc.

That's the (first world) problem: everything lovely muscle memory I've learned is out of the window. It's just weird.

late edit to add something since I'm the last poster anyway: I just want to connect my Windows 7 computer to my wireless headphones. I bought an adapter, I installed the adapter, the adapter is supposedly working, my computer claims it has it noticed my headphones as a bluetooth device... but the actual connection between the two devices just isn't happening. It's the kind of technical problem where googling the problem spits back nothing but people who are having the same issue as me.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 01:25 on May 3, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have to get a specific type of probiotic acidophilus for my pets. The only place around that sells that kind of stuff doesn't have the right kind and doesn't take special orders.

Amazon has it but I'm pretty sure this stuff has to stay cold and AZ doesn't do refrigerated boxes.

Buying from the vet is a 300% markup.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I get to take a highly uncooperative cat to the vet this morning. I'm already covered in puppy scratches. I'm going to look like I stuck my hands in a garbage disposal.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

queserasera posted:

I get to take a highly uncooperative cat to the vet this morning. I'm already covered in puppy scratches. I'm going to look like I stuck my hands in a garbage disposal.

Welcome to my life 24/7.

Sometimes I worry my coworkers don’t buy the “it was my cat that cut up my arm” explanation.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thin Privilege posted:

Welcome to my life 24/7.

Sometimes I worry my coworkers don’t buy the “it was my cat that cut up my arm” explanation.

I've had to tell mental health workers that "I have a cat, I'm not self-harming" before. It's especially awkward when they already know you're depressed.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I've had to tell mental health workers that "I have a cat, I'm not self-harming" before. It's especially awkward when they already know you're depressed.

An EMT yelled at me because I had a cat scratch on my arm and didn’t believe it to be that. Dude, you can see the dozens of old self-harm scars, how does this one tiny one that is 100% different from the rest register as self-harm? It was like 1/3” long, randomly placed on my arm, and very obviously a cat scratch. A tiny one. For not self-hurting people: imagine an EMT saying your paper cut is seen as self harm. That’s how stupid it was.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 16:28 on May 3, 2018

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yelling at depressed people is a good tactic

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Mu Zeta posted:

Yelling at depressed people is a good tactic

It helps a lot I know from experience

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Oh and I wasn’t depressed I was in the ambulance for a completely unrelated reason. A legitimate medical reason. So there was absolutely no reason for the EMT to start harassing me about “suicidality.”

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What kind of fukken EMT was that? If I was really convinced it was self harm, I'd just put it in the report and give that info to the nurse/doc during handoff at the hospital, probably behind the corner. And also only if it's one of the lovely hospitals that I know skims over stuff like that. And that's two big "ifs."

It was pounded into my head that EMTs/Paramedics do not diagnose, and do not treat diagnosis. We are supposed to be completely objective, and treat symptoms. Don't care that someone may have terminal lung cancer, only care that right now they're not breathing. I can treat the symptom of "not breathing," can't do poo poo about the underlying cause in an ambulance. Hell, even when someone is stabbed with a tree branch or something, we only stabilize and treat possible bleeding, we don't remove the loving branch. Symptoms, not diagnosis.

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 16:38 on May 3, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
They probably did put in their notes “suicidal” or similar but thank god the doctors in the ER weren’t morons and didn’t commit me cause I was in a legit medical emergency.

“Hmm I see a small cut on your arm”
“Yeah I used to cut myself but haven’t done it in many years”
“Well this one looks fresh” (literally used the word fresh)
“It’s a cat scratch I have 7 cats”
* doesn’t believe me, proceeds to berate me about being depressed/suicidal

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Honestly I wouldn't believe anything said by someone who owns 7 cats.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

RCarr posted:

Honestly I wouldn't believe anything said by someone who owns 7 cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47msKc3abqo&t=8s

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Would you believe they had seven cats though?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Someone that says they have 7 cats probably has closer to 12

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Would you believe they had seven cats though?
Only if I was on my way to St. Ives.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My new house location triples my travel times to most things.

It's only a first world problem because my original travel times to everything was stupid short, so my travel times have gone from "insanely envious" to "completely normal and not at all anything to complain about".

Like, I can't bitch that it takes me twenty minutes to get to a certain movie theater, just because it used to take five and change.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

BUT YOU ARE!?!?!???!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I got a rumbly tummy and I dunno why.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Sentient Data posted:

Someone that says they have 7 cats probably has closer to 12

Nah I’m not THAT crazy. Crazy enough, but not that crazy.

FWP: I wish I had a bigger apartment to hold more cats (mainly just want to foster... don’t know if I could resist keeping kittens though... :catstare: )

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Sometimes I wish all children were kept on leashes.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

Sometimes I wish all children were kept on leashes.

There are rare kids that are super well behaved. It’s like a beautiful rare pearl.

But I can’t stand their voices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UclxYOXDgSM&t=85s

I prefer my own interpretation, which is what I thought he said but I guess it was my imagination.”

“The sound of children’s voices are like needles in my ears.”

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I work in very busy gift shops at one of the top family destinations in my half of the country. It's utter chaos. Herding 100 cats on catnip would be easier to deal with.

I also saw a toddler get into a flamingo enclosure today as I was leaving work. The dad retrieved him but good luck not getting bird flu, kiddo.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
my new undies are too tight and keep grabbing at the bottom of my ball sack and pinching the skin

so i'm having to stand up every 5 mins and adjust downwards and I think people are starting to notice

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Simply explain that your enormous penis is too big and must constantly be readjusted

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

If you don’t have a penis, disregard the above post

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Maybe I'm not woke enough (also it's early in the morning) but how would you have a ballsack but no penis?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Helios Grime posted:

Maybe I'm not woke enough (also it's early in the morning) but how would you have a ballsack but no penis?

I don't make the rules, I just print 'em

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

If you don’t have a penis, disregard the above post

More like oldpeenless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
This morning before my first day of work at the first job I have had for yonks the arm snapped off my glasses :bang: , they are only a 10 month old pair too