Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There was a demon Etrigan was friends with in Swamp Thing who was new to the rhyming thing and he was awful at it. It was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It not you, it door hinge.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

There was a demon Etrigan was friends with in Swamp Thing who was new to the rhyming thing and he was awful at it. It was pretty great.

I liked the bit in Morrison's jla where there's little weaker demons practicing rhyming in case they get promoted.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

AkumaHokoru posted:

its not poo its viscera. chunks of flesh and parts of organ it was RIPPED out.

:itwaspoo:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

purple death ray posted:

I liked the bit in Morrison's jla where there's little weaker demons practicing rhyming in case they get promoted.

Haha, I forgot about that.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I never get tired of the DC version of Hell. Never.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Thaddius the Large posted:

that he’s constantly irritated and struggling to come up with rhymes, so he’s really just half-assing it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Choco1980 posted:

I never get tired of the DC version of Hell. Never.

It ain't what it used to be.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Blame Constantine.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

Blame Constantine.

Everybody does.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Everybody does.

To be fair if you blame Constantine for something there's a 75% chance you're right.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair if you blame Constantine for something there's a 75% chance you're right.

Knock that up to 100% if you're his friend

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Especially if you've got COPD from second hand smoking.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Knock that up to 100% if you're his friend

Unless you're Chaz.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Unless you're Chaz.

The percentage still steadily increased in his case as the series went on.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Unless you're Chaz.
Constantine has done a lot to gently caress up Chas' life (including getting him possessed by a demon). I wasn't a superfan of the tv-show but one thing I liked was Constantine making Chas immortal because he was drunk and thought it would be funny.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

So I recently reread God of Thunder and.. I'm kind of curious to keep reading. What in the name of poo poo do I read now? This is a very confusing run to follow along with.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I don't know exactly where the timeline slots together, but The Mighty Thor follows on from God of Thunder and it's extremely good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Thor: God of Thunder
Original Sin
Original Sin: Thor & Loki (this is also listed as Original Sin #5.1-5.5, so I have no idea how it would be listed in Marvel Unlimited if that's what you're reading)
Thor
Secret Wars: Thors
The Mighty Thor (The Unworthy Thor fits in here somewhere, too)

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 30, 2018

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
E: nvm, beaten

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Rhaka posted:

So I recently reread God of Thunder and.. I'm kind of curious to keep reading. What in the name of poo poo do I read now? This is a very confusing run to follow along with.

This is probably why Marvel should stop rebooting their titles ever 2 years.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Monaghan posted:

This is probably why Marvel should stop rebooting their titles ever 2 years.
In general, yeah, but I think this one was at least somewhat justified as Thor was following a different character. Relaunching Thor as The Mighty Thor made less sense.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Thor: God of Thunder
Original Sin
Original Sin: Thor & Loki (this is also listed as Original Sin #5.1-5.5, so I have no idea how it would be listed in Marvel Unlimited if that's what you're reading)
Thor
Secret Wars: Thors
The Mighty Thor (The Unworthy Thor fits in here somewhere, too)

Cheerio.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhaka posted:

Cheerio.

Original Sin: Thor and Loki is grouped with the Original Sin mini on Marvel Unlimited, it's ordered by publication date, so if you're just going through you'll be alternating between the main series and the Thor Loki specific stuff, but that's fine, it's how people read it while it was coming out, and if you like the main mini it'd be pretty jarring to take a 5 issue detour right after the start of the second half.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 1, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

And if you can cram that all in a couple of days you can be there for Jason Aaron's Avengers, starring Thor, which starts this week.
...and then another series of Thor next month.

The thread title stays true.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Golden age Namor

is a terrifying badass.

On the next page he guts another shark with his bare hands by ripping open its belly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DV #16
Marvel is doing a really good job with Vader. Helps when you put your absolutely best guys on the book

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The last few pages belong here, too.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

HA! That's loving awesome. The first and only thing tangentially related to the prequels I will say was good.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jiro posted:

HA! That's loving awesome. The first and only thing tangentially related to the prequels I will say was good.

It's been posted in the touching panels thread, but there's a really good short story taking place during Empire where Vader is in a room with the disassembled pieces of C3PO and has a flashback to working on him with his mother. It's mainly remembered for an awesome panel after the flashback of Vader silently holding C3PO's forehead against his own.

Also, someone should post the pages from the Vader ongoing where Boba Fett told him, "Hey, found out the name of that kid that blew up your Death Star. Skywalker. Anyway, bye!" and Vader doesn't take it too well.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

agreed

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gavok posted:

It's been posted in the touching panels thread, but there's a really good short story taking place during Empire where Vader is in a room with the disassembled pieces of C3PO and has a flashback to working on him with his mother. It's mainly remembered for an awesome panel after the flashback of Vader silently holding C3PO's forehead against his own.

"Thank the Maker" from Star Wars Tales #6 all the way back in the year 2000.

Here's the page in question if anyone hasn't seen it:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Star Wars Tales is really good

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Wheat Loaf posted:

"Thank the Maker" from Star Wars Tales #6 all the way back in the year 2000.

Here's the page in question if anyone hasn't seen it:

God that is so stupid and not at all conveying what the artist and author are trying to convey

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Calaveron posted:

God that is so stupid and not at all conveying what the artist and author are trying to convey

I mean that's kinda true, not every piece of art can be a homerun so to say. For an example for such a homerun conveying what I think about your post see here: :chloe:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Uuuuh. I think it conveys things just fine. Perhaps the problem is, in fact, you.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Sooooooo did he get the clones to kill the Inquisitors?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That was the cliffhanger.

I can't wait for the next issue. I loved Gilen's run on Vader a lot, but Soule's run just plain nails it.

Roth fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Roth posted:

Star Wars Tales is really good

When I was 10 the "Vader vs Maul" story was the coolest thing ever.

"What could you possibly hate enough to destroy me?"
"Myself."