Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Super Deuce posted:

Another episode where you can blatantly see the makeup on several faces. They are doing a bad job at that.

Have you not met real people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so uh. last night's AP Bio.

:stare:

that plan was loving dark, even for Dennis. and holy gently caress, they're already blowing up the premise?

a) love that darkness
b) lol if you think hes going to stanford

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Super Deuce posted:

Another episode where you can blatantly see the makeup on several faces. They are doing a bad job at that.

Yeah one episode had a scene where Principal Durbin was clearly wearing a full face of women's makeup while doing morning announcements, even

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 28, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ive noticed in most episodes that the women are using mascara. it might be all episodes but ill have to do a rerun to be sure

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Super Deuce posted:

Isn't the point that they are all in High School where people do it like that on purpose//don't know how else to do it?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The last scene with Jack he had on so much mascara I noticed and I never notice poo poo like that.

It was strange.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

The last scene with Jack he had on so much mascara I noticed and I never notice poo poo like that.

It was strange.

Well, YEAH, I'm wearing a little bit of make up, who doesn't?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

he hasnt even begun wearing mascara. you will know when he does!

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Surely you understand the difference between normal makeup and camera makeup, yes?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Krankenstyle posted:

b) lol if you think hes going to stanford

that's not the only reason I'm saying the premise has been blown up. regardless of if he takes the job, the kids now hate him, and Miles is in Toledo and giving up the post at Stanford. the two driving forces of the show to this point (Jack's odd growing friendship with the kids, and trying to gently caress Miles over) have been essentially driven to a dead stop.

and the way they handled it would honestly make it really unsatisfying and lovely if they just hit the reset button somehow and drag everything back to the status quo. like, that's not something you can really do in a more serialized comedy like this; if it were more episodic like Sunny, then absolutely. i'm wondering if this show might be a one-and-done, and if it is, i might be okay with that.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 28, 2018

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Super Deuce posted:

Surely you understand the difference between normal makeup and camera makeup, yes?

Surely you're understand you're being super nitpicky and no one gives a poo poo, yes?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i think the makeup was supposed to be something called a "joke" btw

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

that's not the only reason I'm saying the premise has been blown up. regardless of if he takes the job, the kids now hate him, and Miles is in Toledo and giving up the post at Stanford. the two driving forces of the show to this point (Jack's odd growing friendship with the kids, and trying to gently caress Miles over) have been essentially driven to a dead stop.

and the way they handled it would honestly make it really unsatisfying and lovely if they just hit the reset button somehow and drag everything back to the status quo. like, that's not something you can really do in a more serialized comedy like this; if it were more episodic like Sunny, then absolutely. i'm wondering if this show might be a one-and-done, and if it is, i might be okay with that.

the kids already hated him & miles is in the wind, he only exists to be a catalyst

etc etc youre spending too many precious hours on this analysis

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Guys I was watching IT and thought they really hosed up Pennywise's makeup. I could totally see it the whole time.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What do you guys think was the worst scene anyone had to film? As in the actors hating it. I'm rewatching S12 and Mac and Dee stuck in the tube is an actual nightmare of mine. I'm sure they could take the cover off and get in and out but still gently caress that.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

ChesterJT posted:

Surely you're understand you're being super nitpicky and no one gives a poo poo, yes?

Their faces are half orange when shooting outside. It's just bad work. I

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

drunken officeparty posted:

What do you guys think was the worst scene anyone had to film? As in the actors hating it. I'm rewatching S12 and Mac and Dee stuck in the tube is an actual nightmare of mine. I'm sure they could take the cover off and get in and out but still gently caress that.

Apparently, Danny Devito had a really hard time with that near-drowning scene from the episode where they went to cruise ship jail. Now THAT is an actual nightmare of mine. I honestly don't know how the gang managed to last as long as they did down there when the entire chamber had filled up and they were just holding hands and smiling.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I got excited during the hockey scenes in the most recent 'A.P. Bio' because the team the Walleyes were playing against was my town's hockey team, the Fort Wayne Komets.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Super Deuce posted:

Their faces are half orange when shooting outside. It's just bad work. I

Well, the road to stardom is paved with hard knocks and orange assholes.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

November 17th is now Danny Devito Day in New Jersey... :eng101:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought it was obvious Jack won't take the job because his ego won't let Miles give it to him.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought it was obvious Jack won't take the job because his ego won't let Miles give it to him.

Right, I'm not expecting Jack to take the job, but that still leaves the question of "now what?" that I can't pull out a decently satisfying answer to.

e: actually, you know what? I'd laugh my rear end off if he took the job, they time-skip forwards to him teaching his first philosophy class for the last scene of the season finale... and the entirety of the AP bio class just walks in, and they're his students. Blow up the premise without blowing up the premise, like the sound of one hand clapping.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"How did you all get into Stanford? I didn't teach you anything"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
So, any word yet on a renewal of AP Bio?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
No official word but the Cancel Bear thinks it won't make it to season 2 based off very scientific data.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Shame. I thought it was pretty weak at the start but definitely started to grow into itself.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ChesterJT posted:

No official word but the Cancel Bear thinks it won't make it to season 2 based off very scientific data.

Dennis is going to suddenly reappear halfway through the new season of Sunny.

Mac: Where the poo poo were you?

Dennis: I was trying to work in a more mainstream bar, you know so more people could appreciate my talents. But screw those losers, I'm back.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Awwww that AP Bio finale was legitimately quite heartwarming. I hope it comes back

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

My Twitter feed was spammed by Patton Oswalt talking about the show and hanging out with the other actors a couple days ago so I don't think it's canceled.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Escobarbarian posted:

Awwww that AP Bio finale was legitimately quite heartwarming. I hope it comes back

I didn't realize that was the season finale, but that makes a lot of sense. It was a drat good hook. It opens the door to focusing plot-lines on more of the individual students (which are my fav parts of the show).

More Dan & Heather next season please :3:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

alas, blessid is the golden god, and the range rover

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lmao someone did an HBO soundtrack to a dennis freakout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXFThPcYGAE

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Looks like AP Bio did get a season 2.

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/994005599460315136

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I gave AP Bio another try when someone itt noted Jack was a dark sitcom character refusing to be pulled in by a lighter one. Through that lens it's a lot better.

I still like the Mick better.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Patton Oswalt has a lot more pull in Hollywoo than you might guess, if he’s putting all his eggs in this basket execs are gonna listen to him.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Bust Rodd posted:

Patton Oswalt has a lot more pull in Hollywoo than you might guess, if he’s putting all his eggs in this basket execs are gonna listen to him.

Yeah because they know what he's capable of

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Official Twitter confirms
https://twitter.com/NBCAPBio/status/994001332359970816

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

:rip: The Mick :rip:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
The gently caress. AP Bio is renewed and The Mick is canceled???? This is America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

This is absolute dog poo poo.

Any chance The Mick will migrate to FX(X)?