Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
First album is p. Cool today is the day worship, then leviathan and crack the skye are good but for different reasons. The last few are hot garbage

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

First album is p. Cool today is the day worship, then leviathan and crack the skye are but for different reasons. The last few are hot garbage

I don't really get TITD vibes from Remission despite the shared members. It's more like sped up Neurosis.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don't really get TITD vibes from Remission despite the shared members. It's more like sped up Neurosis.

No?

https://youtu.be/tFTqXfEwiTo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am going for Djr - they are still kicking rear end after all these years. Will zone out for Mastadon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Yeah I don't get many chances to see Dino Jr so I may just do it even though it means making a 3 hour drive at like midnight (depends on when the show starts, I imagine 7 or 8 though)

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
My dudes in Hashteroid made the extremely poor decision to release their album on 4/20 and got immediately buried by Sleep. They're not even a stoner doom band, so I dunno what they were thinking, but the album is really good nonetheless!

https://hashteroid.bandcamp.com/

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If your band's named Hasteroid you're only allowed to put out albums on 4/20

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

llisten to lifesblood/call of the mastodon

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

llisten to lifesblood/call of the mastodon

Buddy I've been listening to it since I was 14

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Still find it amusing that the early stuff does absolutely nothing for me but everything from Leviathan to Emperor of Sand is 10/10 classic. Different strokes weeeee.

Thanks for the podcast recs guys. Those sound great and I sub’d the goon one to help y’all out <3

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Kilometers Davis posted:

Thanks for the podcast recs guys. Those sound great and I sub’d the goon one to help y’all out <3
Appreciate it, hope you like my long tangents about melodic black metal albums with blue cover art done by Necrolord. I've done it at least twice now.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

Still find it amusing that the early stuff does absolutely nothing for me but everything from Leviathan to Emperor of Sand is 10/10 classic. Different strokes weeeee.

well yeah it's just great value today is the day

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Dyna Soar posted:

First album is p. Cool today is the day worship, then leviathan and crack the skye are good but for different reasons. The last few are hot garbage

I don't know about garbage but I know I haven't really gotten into anything since CtS. I even checked out Emperor of Sand after it came strongly recommended by a friend but bleeehhhh.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Mastodon from Lifesblood up through Crack the Skye are my favorite metal band of all time. The last three are enjoyable and have little hints of their signatures but are better if I pretend they’re a different band. Still excited to see them with Primus.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Can I just geek out some more about how awesome NEMHF was?

The reason I'm giving Karl the side-eye here is because it took the drunk dude I asked to snap the picture like five tries to get it right. He took a bunch of selfies by accident and I completely forgot about it until I was going through my pictures later and got to these pictures of some hilariously wasted dude and his girlfriend peering confusedly at the camera and had a moment of "who the gently caress are these people?"

Kamelot was loving awesome, but the bands I was really excited about seeing (Nile, Dying Fetus, Battle Beast) got really short sets. Can't wait to see Nile on a proper tour when they drop the new album.

Morbid Angel was amazing, of course, it's Morbid loving Angel, but for some reason they didn't play any really old stuff. I think the oldest stuff they played was from Formulas. Still, Kingdoms Disdained is a killer album and they played a bunch of songs from it, including opening with a shout-out to "my hero, Max Cavalera, asked if we were gonna play Piles of Little Arms off the new album". Goddamn that song is awesome.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Can I just geek out some more about how awesome NEMHF was?

The reason I'm giving Karl the side-eye here is because it took the drunk dude I asked to snap the picture like five tries to get it right. He took a bunch of selfies by accident and I completely forgot about it until I was going through my pictures later and got to these pictures of some hilariously wasted dude and his girlfriend peering confusedly at the camera and had a moment of "who the gently caress are these people?"

Kamelot was loving awesome, but the bands I was really excited about seeing (Nile, Dying Fetus, Battle Beast) got really short sets. Can't wait to see Nile on a proper tour when they drop the new album.

Morbid Angel was amazing, of course, it's Morbid loving Angel, but for some reason they didn't play any really old stuff. I think the oldest stuff they played was from Formulas. Still, Kingdoms Disdained is a killer album and they played a bunch of songs from it, including opening with a shout-out to "my hero, Max Cavalera, asked if we were gonna play Piles of Little Arms off the new album". Goddamn that song is awesome.

All those bands are great and it sounds like an awesome show. I wasn't expecting much when I saw Battle Beast, but they were a ton of fun. That singer's got some pipes!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I wanna see the drunk guy selfie

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

seconding drunk guy selfie request

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

I wasn't expecting much when I saw Battle Beast, but they were a ton of fun. That singer's got some pipes!

Noora Louhimo is a fuckin' badass. She calls her stage makeup style "Battle Bitch".

Drunk guy selfie:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Tim Calvert, who played guitar on Forbidden’s Twisted Into Form and Nevermore’s Dreaming Neon Black, died yesterday from ALS

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tim Calvert, who played guitar on Forbidden’s Twisted Into Form and Nevermore’s Dreaming Neon Black, died yesterday from ALS

gently caress. Twisted into Form is still one of my favorite tech thrash albums ever. That sucks. :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What a lovely way to go. :( Rest in power.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

gently caress :(

Dreaming neon black is a masterpiece

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
so who of y'all is hitting up baltimore for mdf this year?

'bout to buy my first class tickets so I can get drunk at 6:00am on a weekday and irk all the business travelers.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

'bout to buy my first class tickets so I can get drunk at 6:00am on a weekday and irk all the business travelers.

Can you bring on the airplane size bottles of booze? I admire your first class style but have to admit I’m a coach guy.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
If you ever get the chance to see Ensiferum take it. Saw them last night here in London and it was a great show. Fast, tight, good mix, good energy and a total blast. I had a spare ticket for my friend who doesn't like metal at all and she loved it anyway. Ensiferum is awesome.

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

I'll be at MDF this year again.

Stoked to see Wormrot, Master's Hammer, Ascended Dead, Darkspace, Defeated Sanity, and Dead Infection.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
This is a friendly reminder of how awesome Temple of Void's dose of death/doom is. One album from last year that I just don't see mentioned enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GThfDn07eMQ

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Have a good time! I'm not going this year, but that might be a good thing since I always end catching a temporary strain of crust punk AIDS that ends up debilitating me for a month or two afterwards.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

He was also another heavy metal musician flying commercial airplanes as a day job

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Dick Boat posted:

I'll be at MDF this year again.

Stoked to see Wormrot, Master's Hammer, Ascended Dead, Darkspace, Defeated Sanity, and Dead Infection.

I'll be there again, let's get a beer. Looking at the set times, seems like I'm gonna try to bounce back and forth between the venues a bit more this year Thurs/Fri, then probably just hang around Rams Head most of the time Sat/Sun

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Death Metal Dads is probably the best metal podcast, featuring Shelby Lermo (Vastum, Apocryphon, Ulthar, Apprentice Destroyer, Extremity) and Aesop Dekker (Cosmic Hearse, Agalloch, Khorada, Ludicra, Vhol, Worm Ouroboros, Extremity) talking about ostensibly death metal and fatherhood but mostly just stories about the bay area music scene and dick and fart jokes.

I've been listening to these and right now I'm dying at Shelby trying to explain this video to Aesop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68JQtxTzjqc

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I found one of the few good metal related things on youtube.

Its just these two dudes coming from a primarily hip-hop background, listening to songs suggested by their fans and they get a lot of metal in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh8wxc4tctE

I just love their pure reactions to Megadeth.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Their video on Ghost of Perdition is pretty entertaining

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
if you fly first class domestic you're a retard

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I saw battlebeast and Delain (which I don’t like, but whatever) and Kamelot last night, and battlebeast loving stole the show for me. It was exhilarating to watch! She has moves and an awesome voice.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Weaponized Cum posted:

if you fly first class domestic you're a retard

if you paid to fly first class

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LygaOJT390

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

MrBling posted:

I found one of the few good metal related things on youtube.

Its just these two dudes coming from a primarily hip-hop background, listening to songs suggested by their fans and they get a lot of metal in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh8wxc4tctE

I just love their pure reactions to Megadeth.

Yeah I love this, also because I once was more a rapfan than a metalhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
what do you think of body count