Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

MotU posted:

at least one of the jarretts can do a build that anyone is interested in

ayyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MotU posted:

at least one of the jarretts can do a build that anyone is interested in

Someone needs to listen to the Monumental Podcast's history of TNA episodes, Jerry might be dumber than Jeff!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Today's WOR was one of the best in terms of passionate Dave ranting and some good analysis of matches.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Today's WOR was one of the best in terms of passionate Dave ranting and some good analysis of matches.

There's been a lot said on his own forum and elsewhere about it. But he's right in spirit obviously even if he's kinda naive about how culture change works and his criticism of WWE opens himself up to whataboutism about his treatment of prior situations like this & the diversity issues F4WOnline has.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Very much looking forward to the audio of Dave recapping the Batista scenes in the newest Avengers movie

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

There's been a lot said on his own forum and elsewhere about it. But he's right in spirit obviously even if he's kinda naive about how culture change works and his criticism of WWE opens himself up to whataboutism about his treatment of prior situations like this & the diversity issues F4WOnline has.

A company coming in and being used as a total dupe by a government doesn't change things.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
My takeaway is that Dave is afraid Mark Henry will beat him up if he calls him small

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I thought Dave was pretty measured and articulated his thoughts well. I think he knows on some level that he's Dave Meltzer and not too eloquent about certain issues and tried hard to keep on the right track. Reminded me of his Desert Storm/Slaughter stuff and when Vince tried to get him fired from The National for taking them to task on it. Everyone should read that issue if they haven't.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

My takeaway is that Dave is afraid Mark Henry will beat him up if he calls him small

Hell, same

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There's a SOBER episode of Talkin' Shop up on Jericho's podcast, and being sober doesn't change anything about them at all apart from it's a little easier to understand them. It's loving hilarious, basically, especially all the stories about various old school wrestlers trying to figure out who Gallows is because they're positive he's been around for decades.

Gallows' adventures as a promoter in Guyana is great too.

Gallows: So I talked these guys into giving me 100k to run a show.
Jericho: :stare:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VJeff posted:

This was amazing

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

rovert posted:

Who are you to call him naive? He's seen far more cultural change in his life than you have, has generations more insight and first hand experience. You're a total donk, get a grip. Dave was so spot on in his analysis, very well articulated. You can sit on Twitter and take pot shots about Tessa and his biaes all day but no one is listening.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The loving arrogance of him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Post about wrestling podcasts and not each other. Cool, thanks.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Fsmhunk posted:

Someone needs to listen to the Monumental Podcast's history of TNA episodes, Jerry might be dumber than Jeff!

How he wound up in control of a regional wrestling promotion that put up bigger numbers than the moon landing there baffles me.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Running in markets with no pro-sports competition certainly helped.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The business passed him by. He got out of it at the right time and came back to something that had completely changed, thinking he understood it.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

The business passed him by. He got out of it at the right time and came back to something that had completely changed, thinking he understood it.

Well, they were going to be making 25 million a year right? God willed it after all.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tato posted:

I thought Dave was pretty measured and articulated his thoughts well. I think he knows on some level that he's Dave Meltzer and not too eloquent about certain issues and tried hard to keep on the right track. Reminded me of his Desert Storm/Slaughter stuff and when Vince tried to get him fired from The National for taking them to task on it. Everyone should read that issue if they haven't.

I made a February 4, 1991 Observer joke on Twitter yesterday too! But yeah Meltzer wasn't completely perfect but I expect his take to be really considered and more evolved than the one in last week's issue or his first take of "racism is like y'know so freaking bad" on audio. When it comes to his last word on something he normally gets it right.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

pretty pumped for b&v&m tonight

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I was browsing through random old observers once and I came across a piece Dave wrote in 1990 about Vince McMahon's baldness fetish and how that's the only reason Hogan ever got pushed and other goofy stuff like that and then when it was done he basically said "I wrote a joke article because I'm sure we're all kinda freaked out about Desert Storm and can use a tension reliever." Dave is something else.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahahaha, Dave is amazing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so wait, Vince McMahon didn't go through a phase where he was obsessed with shiny heads?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vinny's shoot battle royal story is loving amazing :xd:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The first episode of the new Conrad podcast with Bischoff is out today

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Listening to B&V&Mark and how do people not like Mark

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

St Evan Echoes posted:

Listening to B&V&Mark and how do people not like Mark

He was a lot better on this show than he has been.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea he was fine

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dana Warrior podcast is apparently a thing people wanted
https://twitter.com/DanaWarriorWWE/status/991037336384360448

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Gonna hijack that hashtag.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

already she on that binary gender bullshit so I expect this to be a total trainwreck

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is good because I think it’s the easiest way to get rid of her since she’ll say something dumb as gently caress

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

This is good because I think it’s the easiest way to get rid of her since she’ll say something dumb as gently caress

OTOH the current political climate might mean there's an audience for this sort of stuff, far right wing nuts never get tired of having their feelings validated

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

OTOH the current political climate might mean there's an audience for this sort of stuff, far right wing nuts never get tired of having their feelings validated

The REAL discrimination is when you tell people that they can't treat others as lesser beings.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Bryan is kinda loving dumb regarding "Why bother turning Roman heel he's already getting booed" The idea is to freshen up his actual character since his character is dead.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Onmi posted:

Bryan is kinda loving dumb regarding "Why bother turning Roman heel he's already getting booed" The idea is to freshen up his actual character since his character is dead.

:agreed:

He's so adamant in his reasoning too which is really weird. I don't know why this particular subject is what has got him so fired up.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Much of what Bryan gets fired up about ends up being semantics, anyway. I mainly tune in for Vinny.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Jerusalem posted:

:agreed:

He's so adamant in his reasoning too which is really weird. I don't know why this particular subject is what has got him so fired up.

What's worse is it's the reasoning that the WWE itself tends to give in podcast interviews, like, Cena would always bring it up going "What you want me to be a heel so you can cheer me?" But the situations aren't really equivalent for Cena and Reigns. Cena, no matter what, has never been dead. People may have hated Super Cena, but he was not a geek. He didn't fail, and when he did lose it was an important loss.

I mean... The Uso's, for the longest time they were kinda boring even if they were good in the ring, this latest gimmick change? Helped a tonne. doesn't matter if they still get booed after they turn, the idea is to rehabilitate.

I think he's Adamant because frankly, He's Bryan Alvarez, once he has an idea he's NEVER convinced that he's wrong.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i tune in and count the 'can you imagine's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jerusalem posted:

Vinny's shoot battle royal story is loving amazing :xd:

Just got to this and it's so good, how had that story never come up before?