Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

communism bitch posted:

if u analyse my brainwaves all you're going to find out is that i think about asses and boobs 24/7

:yossame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

communism bitch posted:

if u analyse my brainwaves all you're going to find out is that i think about asses and boobs 24/7

unit 1755 in sector d cube farm shows persistent elevated levels of stress. anomalous data and decreased stress indicators during bathroom breaks. suggest referral to hr

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FMguru posted:

johnnycab op

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

communism bitch posted:

lol in a booth checking ur baseline but it’s the lyrics to rear end ‘n’ titties

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol in a booth checking ur baseline but it’s the lyrics to rear end ‘n’ titties

I thought my baseline was private!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/recta_pete/status/990703203166642176

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Hey, remember the "biohacker" who was injecting himself with DIY gene therapies?

Yea, he's dead now.

quote:

BIOHACKER, CEO OF ASCENDENCE BIOMEDICAL AARON TRAYWICK FOUND DEAD IN DC

Aaron Traywick, CEO of Ascendance Biomedical and a figure in the biohacking and transhumanist movements, was found dead this weekend in a flotation tank in Washington DC, according to Tristan Roberts. He was 28 years old.

Biohacking is a form of science research that hopes to push medical technology without invoking academic, state, or big corporate actors. It tends to heavily emphasize independence and experimentation. Transhumanism is a movement that seek to evolve the human species beyond its natural limits, primarily through technology.

“Floating” is meditation method where an individual places themselves into a sound-proof pod filled with salt water at body temperature, which gives the sensation of floating in empty space. The practice is meant to promote a state of deep meditation.

“He was found face down,” Roberts explained. Other details were not immediately available.

There's some more information and an interview there. I'm laying odds on an opioid overdose, as a guy who plays that fast and loose with medical treatments is basically the highest-risk possible for falling into that trap.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

what happened to belgium ?? ?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

LanceHunter posted:

Hey, remember the "biohacker" who was injecting himself with DIY gene therapies?

Yea, he's dead now.

There's some more information and an interview there. I'm laying odds on an opioid overdose, as a guy who plays that fast and loose with medical treatments is basically the highest-risk possible for falling into that trap.

tsk you’d think he’d have the good grace to at least fulminate up Tetsuo-style into a giant pulsating flesh orb.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

LanceHunter posted:

Yea, he's dead now.

yeah i was hoping he'd be killed by some ultra-aggressive cancer hellstorm or some autoimmune kind of nightmare but you're probably right, dude was likely self-medicating in a number of other ways besides the bullshit gene therapy

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

yugoslavia, czechoslovakia, and the united states?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
West Germany.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

no im entirely sincere in my answer

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

LanceHunter posted:

Yea, he's dead now.

ascendence indeed sheesh

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

maybe he planned a merger with the brain digitizers and wanted to go all in as a show of faith in their tech

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

had nice potential but lame finale imo

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
many drownings like this are the result of another untreated condition that caused the person to lose consciousness

i would love to see a coroner's report here

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

cool and good

https://twitter.com/CBCTechSci/status/991672296166318080

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

corydoctorowpunk

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
oh snap I used to work with NYC Mesh for a few months but then I had to drop off because of work poo poo. I spent a couple of weeks wrangling a massive LIDAR scan that NOAA did of NYC post-Sandy into the right format so they could do antenna coverage simulations from their POP on Pearl street.

They were using OpenWRT primarily on Asus routers but then they got hosed because they started shipping from the factory without support for third party firmwares because of their interpretation of the FCC ruling that you had to prevent people from loving with 5 GHz radios because weather radar. Option B is a Ubiquiti nanostation. Before I left they found a company in HK who made 802.11ac travel routers who was more than willing to do a couple of runs with external antenna connectors and the mesh software pre-loses, so that they could sell them at $20 each.

They really hated LinkNYC, and for good reason. Last I heard they were trying to convince NYC Public Housing to let them install rooftop repeaters on top of housing projects in exchange for blanketing them with free internet because internet access is a right along with internet privacy which Google wouldn’t guarantee, so gently caress The Police.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jimmy Carter posted:

oh snap I used to work with NYC Mesh for a few months but then I had to drop off because of work poo poo. I spent a couple of weeks wrangling a massive LIDAR scan that NOAA did of NYC post-Sandy into the right format so they could do antenna coverage simulations from their POP on Pearl street.

They were using OpenWRT primarily on Asus routers but then they got hosed because they started shipping from the factory without support for third party firmwares because of their interpretation of the FCC ruling that you had to prevent people from loving with 5 GHz radios because weather radar. Option B is a Ubiquiti nanostation. Before I left they found a company in HK who made 802.11ac travel routers who was more than willing to do a couple of runs with external antenna connectors and the mesh software pre-loses, so that they could sell them at $20 each.

They really hated LinkNYC, and for good reason. Last I heard they were trying to convince NYC Public Housing to let them install rooftop repeaters on top of housing projects in exchange for blanketing them with free internet because internet access is a right along with internet privacy which Google wouldn’t guarantee, so gently caress The Police.

both the project, and the projects hatred of a big corp version, are cyberpunk as gently caress

also i just want to outright say that is super cool that you were involved and found a way to help

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/stroughtonsmith/status/990514307157889025

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Agile Vector posted:

corydoctorowpunk

yuck

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm on the denver ham mesh but it's super sleepy. There's a subreddit for a non ham denver municipal mesh but it's pretty dead.

80 bucks on ebay will get you a 600 mw bullet m2 and a 12-15 db antenna tho

wish i had more friends to goof on all this with

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

denver ham mesh

interesting omlette u got there

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

v cyberpunk 1988 aesthetic, jonny

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

quick shot o the pole
you can see the patch and the bullet hanging between the top and bottom VHF antennas

thats one end of an 11km link

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
noice

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

quick shot o the pole

jony sell the snapchat access

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Jonny 290 posted:

quick shot o the pole
you can see the patch and the bullet hanging between the top and bottom VHF antennas

thats one end of an 11km link

have you heard about the TV band stuff people are doing now? i haven't really been keeping up so my jaw was on the floor when i was listening to this presentation because I couldn't believe that the fcc was okay with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y4VIqpBVLE

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Silver Alicorn posted:

what happened to belgium ?? ?

Belgium will exist far longer than most states

its the part of France that France doesn’t want combined with the part of The Netherlands that The Netherlands doesn’t want, what union could be stronger

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

blanket nyc with ubiquiti press release photos?

edit: that guy better be 2 feet off the ground without gear but maybe its more disruptive to freesolo towers

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 6, 2018

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
love 2 disrupt the pavement with my skull

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://drivemag.com/red-calipers/the-definitive-collection-of-cool-1980s-digital-dashboards-in-japanese-cars

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
What is the most cyberpunk thing I could do with a box of old gen Pi Bs?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Turn it into a MAME cabinet but keep a copy of Kali Linux on it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

SpaceAceJase posted:

What is the most cyberpunk thing I could do with a box of old gen Pi Bs?

sew them into a vest

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

or down the arm of a floor-length black leather trenchcoat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
glue them together into a big mass, run heavy duty cable from that to sunglasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Set them up to boot headlessly into a loop that looks for wifi clients and deaths them, then slap on battery packs and solar panels and toss them on top of coffee shops and corporate lobbies.

• Locked thread