Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oof, looks like the game now punishes you for dating more than one person: https://imgur.com/a/mhrZysI

This, uh, this could be a problem for me. I kinda already got to ten hearts with evvvvvvverybody.

lmfao this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Seems like it'd be too easy to run afoul of ruining all the bachelor/ettes' heart levels if this can happen pre-bouquet, so unless there's evidence to the contrary I'm gonna believe this only happens if you give multiple people bouquets like a lying dirtbag philanderer.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
let me slut it up

Masked Pumpkin
May 10, 2008

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Seems like it'd be too easy to run afoul of ruining all the bachelor/ettes' heart levels if this can happen pre-bouquet, so unless there's evidence to the contrary I'm gonna believe this only happens if you give multiple people bouquets like a lying dirtbag philanderer.

I did it because I wanted to see all the scenes, but I had another reason too: I bought a bouquet from Pierre and turned around and gave it to Abigail, right in front of him. After she'd accepted it, I then immediately bought nine more, and Pierre had no choice but to sell them to me knowing exactly what I was going to do. gently caress you, Pierre.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who would bother to keep it a secret, just become the local legend of That Farmer Who hosed Everybody

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Hey I'm not a dirtbag, just a completionist :saddowns: I can't help it if they went the Persona 3 and made it so you can't max out everyone's affection without romancing them first.

Also, in the old build no one ever got mad about it so I just naturally assumed everyone was cool with polyamorous relationships. I figured in addition to dating me Sam was dating Sebastian, Haley was dating Alex, Maru was dating both Penny and Harvey, and no one was dating Clint. It seemed pretty logical!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Oof, looks like the game now punishes you for dating more than one person: https://imgur.com/a/mhrZysI

This, uh, this could be a problem for me. I kinda already got to ten hearts with evvvvvvverybody.

Well gently caress, wonder what happens if you do this while you're married?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

There'll be a mod for slutting it up practically immediately if there isn't any way around it in-game, though a side quest to make the wizard and witch get back together and unlock things like that could work.

Hey I'm not a dirtbag, just a completionist :saddowns: I can't help it if they went the Persona 3 and made it so you can't max out everyone's affection without romancing them first.

Also, in the old build no one ever got mad about it so I just naturally assumed everyone was cool with polyamorous relationships. I figured in addition to dating me Sam was dating Sebastian, Haley was dating Alex, Maru was dating both Penny and Harvey, and no one was dating Clint. It seemed pretty logical!

Yeah I was being a little judgemental, though it was kinda how the group of bachelors were treating the whole thing so eh. That said, I thought from reading the wiki once you married someone all the other singles' heart levels would change so that you could reach ten hearts, is that not the case? Like you obviously wouldn't be able to get their romantic ten heart events any more but it sounded like you'd be able to get to ten hearts without having to give everyone a bouquet.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 1, 2018

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WarpedNaba posted:

Weirdly enough, Nothing! Yeah, apparently everyone is cool with you having dated all of them as long as you marry one of them, the event only triggers if they're all at max hearts and you're single.

Anyway, the cheater dialogue is hilarious, if you find dark/sad things hilarious (which I do).

Here's the full scene with the spurned bachelors: https://imgur.com/a/2LqMqFl

and here's the one with the bachelorettes: https://imgur.com/a/ibzRCu3

And here's what the bachelors say after dumping you (man, this just DESTROYS Shane): https://imgur.com/a/X9pFY8X

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Yeah I was being a little judgemental, though it was kinda how the group of bachelors were treating the whole thing so eh. That said, I thought from reading the wiki once you married someone all the other singles' heart levels would change so that you could reach ten hearts, is that not the case? Like you obviously wouldn't be able to get their romantic ten heart events any more but it sounded like you'd be able to get to ten hearts without having to give everyone a bouquet.

That is 100% how it works.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

WarpedNaba posted:

If you're married, anyone above 8 hearts gets reset to 8.

Also if you're married and a new event plays that involves your spouse when they were living at home, the game will freeze the next time you talk to them. Also also if you gave people gifts before the patch, they'll be permanently listed as having received gifts. Also the travelling salesman doesn't stock anything at all.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

There'll be a mod for slutting it up practically immediately if there isn't any way around it in-game, though a side quest to make the wizard and witch get back together and unlock things like that could work.

Nope, unless they were added this update there are no non-romantic 10 heart events, all the guys/girls are locked in at 8 if you want to keep things platonic.

Anyway, it looks like there are a LOT of ways to avoid the event. Either A) avoid the pub (guys) or emily's house (girls) for the rest of the game B) you can still date multiple people as long as you don't date EVERYONE C) once you marry someone everyone stops caring and you can go back to the pub/emily's house

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tired Moritz posted:

let me slut it up

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Holy poo poo, you can blame Pierre for it!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
elaborate

e: oh wait i see

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
What happens to your affection levels after these events? This is amazing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

WarpedNaba posted:

Holy poo poo, you can blame Pierre for it!
Big Bouquet ruining lives

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Autoharvester for animals heck yea, and more stuff to spend money on in general is neat.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Seems like it's really buggy so far so I think I'm gonna continue my NPNJ run on 1.2 since it's kind of an experimental run anyway. But once this thing actually launches properly I'm all in.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Played a season with my sister and we've only had one hard crash so far. Sometimes I (as the guest) cannot talk to some of the NPCs. Still pretty solid so far. We have a really good time rearranging each other's furniture when the other isn't nearby.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So mp is just co-op, you can’t visit or trade stuff with random people etc?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
I haven't played in a while and I'm wondering if this is a good time to get back to it or should I wait until MP is officially out?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I don’t even see how you can get away with it that long in a town of a couple dozen people

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If dating were expanded to basically anybody (of age) I would have a hard time deciding between Evelyn and the Krobus.

e: vvvvv :monocle: vvvvv

Poque fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 1, 2018

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Poque posted:

What happens to your affection levels after these events? This is amazing.

from what I can tell: Back to zero with everyone.

Bugs I've personally noticed in the new beta: My wallpaper disappeared, horse vanishes for a second when you ride it across scenes, water obelisk no longer works

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Avalerion posted:

So mp is just co-op, you can’t visit or trade stuff with random people etc?

Correct, although now that you mention it a farmer's market type thing would be a legit reason to have any dealings with pubbies, even if the arbitrariness of the market made the traveling saleslady's prices look sane.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Since there’s a penalty for dating everyone, is there a way to break up with someone?

In past play throughs I had just edited my save file to get ride of the bouquet flag, but it’d be nice to have some in game mechanic for it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Just marry someone and they wouldn't care anymore.

If you date girls, it's easier cause why would you ever visit Emily's house

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Hey I'm not a dirtbag, just a completionist :saddowns:

This is such an amazing thought process and I love it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
When it comes to multiplayer, does it work generically with regard to the people who join your game? Like, does it basically create a playerfile and it doesn't care who joins it?

To make up an example, say I'm hosting a farm file. I have three friends who create characters Ann, Barb, and Chris as player slots 2, 3, and 4. If I hosted again later, but the person who made Chris couldn't join, but I had a backfille, would they play as Chris? Or would they create a fourth character, David, who would start from zero?

Can each character marry somebody different, meaning your farm would just be full of villagers?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I played a few hours of it last night with a buddy. I think this is best played in the same room with the other players than purely online as we lost huge chunks of each day talking back and forth about what to do. That said, I actually like that the days are a little shorter without all the pauses in solo games.

I also started a new solo game in case a bug borks my old save files, and I realized it will be some time before I really start to see a lot of the new features.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
First day of summer with a bunch of farm hands is hilariously chaotic. Trying to organize soooo many plots because you have 4x the income and thus 4x the seeds to buy and showing everyone what you have in mind, then toiling late into the night trying to get everything dug out, fertilized, and planted on the first day is a ton of fun. Multiplayer is soooo good.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
I hope we can get some of the mods that break parts of the game in, because if this time around in Multiplayer I can't be a homewrecker and steal away Robin or Jodi, I don't know if I even want to play.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tired Moritz posted:

If you date girls, it's easier cause why would you ever visit Emily's house

i date girls and sam

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Is there any reason we should wait for the proper release? Gonna 2-man play the multiplayer so much.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Is there any reason we should wait for the proper release? Gonna 2-man play the multiplayer so much.

You'll probably run into some bugs but so far it's perfectly playable.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I haven't heard of any game breaking bugs yet but...

from what I can tell: Back to zero with everyone.

Bugs I've personally noticed in the new beta: My wallpaper disappeared, horse vanishes for a second when you ride it across scenes, water obelisk no longer works

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009
If anyone wants to play a new farm on multiplayer and is willing to stick with it for a while you should add me on steam. I tend to play early afternoon-evening CST most days and super early mornings-early evening on Tuesdays and Fridays.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dox023/

simmering
Nov 12, 2017
Building Pam a house is cool but i want to be able to romance her :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

One bright spot of the cheating cutscenes for the polygamists, it sounds like they won't happen if you're dating one boy and one girl at the same time. Not that being knocked down to bigamy will satisfy people, I'm sure.