Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

its the tonal part thats extremely funny

in the story, capitalism has to come along and gently caress everything up

but feudalism (and really the entire history of humanity) was a loving nightmare, so they have to say things like "capitalism, which started in 18th century england, spread imperialism and slavery"

I feel like the implication isn't that feudalism is good, just that capitalism fundamentally altered the way of life, which despite being feudalism, was more communal and not based on competition between poor people for crappy jobs.

Ed Balls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
two 18th century londoner capitalists fall through a time portal, and one ends up in sparta and the other ends up in darius' court

you wont believe what happens next

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MysteriousStranger posted:

He can sit on a golden throne and tweet directly into our minds.

golden throne, of piss

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/990803268946288640

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Nichael posted:

ancient alien alloys is my favorite subplot

:chaostrump:

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Who let Ian miles cheong out of the incel corner

Go back to your corner ian, you freakass

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

I guess an alien invasion is the most sensible way for this whole thing to wrap up

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

its the tonal part thats extremely funny

in the story, capitalism has to come along and gently caress everything up

but feudalism (and really the entire history of humanity) was a loving nightmare, so they have to say things like "capitalism, which started in 18th century england, spread imperialism and slavery"

it's always ogod to have a relatable protagonist

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Remember a decade ago when we found out Trump might have an illegitimate child? Anything ever happen with that?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Virtual Russian posted:

I feel like the implication isn't that feudalism is good, just that capitalism fundamentally altered the way of life, which despite being feudalism, was more communal and not based on competition between poor people for crappy jobs.

which is also a profoundly bad implication, thanks for pointing that out

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nichael posted:

alien alloys is my favorite subplot

mine's the piss tape

the alien alloys also rule though

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://i.imgur.com/Q5qDOYs.gifv

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
where's the thread title from

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

one big problem with it would be that it violates a treaty obligation

oh nooooo that'll stop this loving cadre of mentally retarded failson generals led by the dumbest man in america

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

lol

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

The Nastier Nate posted:

Remember a decade ago when we found out Trump might have an illegitimate child? Anything ever happen with that?

imagine finding out you were a trump child

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Addamere posted:

think of all the Jeb!s space force will create

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

the economic anxiety is breaking my screen

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Suddenly, there was Capitalism

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
so did trump get his military parade

or did the pentagon raise the decorum shields and fumble their way out of it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/991358299680501762

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lorn Wayne posted:

so did trump get his military parade

or did the pentagon raise the decorum shields and fumble their way out of it

i think everyone is just hoping he forgot about it or is pretending theyre working on doing it for veterans day or something

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm the Tankbusta

naw if you post here you're in the dow3 announcement trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN8geCTlZOo

I'm the gobbo on the ork mech arm

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

marmot25 posted:

imagine finding out you were a trump child

I'd say I'd be excited for a little while for the payout, until the failsons get me bumped from the will.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

juche avocado posted:

i mean yeah but also i think it's just some dude

my headcanon now is that cohen just found some broke taiwanese guy on taskrabbit to be his "lawyer"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this is literally whats gonna happen if fat orange bitch visits, isnt it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the pictured man is a rookie playing in the NFL

many other NFL players are as big or bigger

there would be onfield deaths

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Shear Modulus posted:

i think everyone is just hoping he forgot about it or is pretending theyre working on doing it for veterans day or something

i want tanks rolling down 1600 pennsylvania ave

just not for celebratory reasons :unsmigghh:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

triple sulk posted:

this is literally whats gonna happen if fat orange bitch visits, isnt it

inshallah

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

which merc company should I join in mw4:mercs

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i used to (& probably still do lol ask me about getting mad at bread dough before i figured it out) struggle a lot with not being able to move past facile explanations because, while i was able to recognize them for their inadequacies and dismiss them for not getting to the heart of whatever matter, it turns out superficial simplifications are often helpful & even necessary to fully grasp before moving into the deeper grays of Well, Actuallys

just somethin im sensitive about

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

as the ancient proverb goes

'a trmip never forgets lmao'~

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

B-Rock452 posted:

Space: Above and Beyond was a highly underrated show and I was sad after it was canceled after one season

iirc they saw it coming and killed everyone off in a suicide mission finale

same thing happened in The Others, another Morgan/Wong project

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

so anyway i was randomly reading a New York magazine article from 1986 about mobbed-up city government officials and i found this little tidbit (emphasis added):

~~~

For example, the Manhattan district attorney's office is examining the connection between one of [Bronx Democratic leader Stanley] Friedman's top aides, Bronx City Planning commissioner Theodore E. Teah, and Robert Hopkins, a mob policy operator charged last month with ordering the murder of a mob rival. Teah, a former employee of Roy Cohn's law firm, was Hopkins's lawyer. After the revelations about Hopkins came out, Teah said he was "aghast" to learn of the murder charge and of his client's reputed mob ties.

Investigators for Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau, however, say that Hopkins's reputation as a mob policy operator was widely known in the city. Hopkins himself is hard to miss. He stands six feet five inches tall and weighs 250 pounds. He fancies himself a rock star and once rented the Palladium for $15,000 to throw a party for J. J. Jackson, an MTV V.J. He tipped disco doormen with Cartier watches. And he shared a $2-million, fifty-ninth- and sixtieth-floor duplex at Trump Tower with the son-in-law of Lucchese crime-family soldier Peter "Petey Beck" DiPalermo.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/bafeldman/status/991335153455820801

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
dum diversas gave the portugese papal carte blanche to colonialize and enslave anywhere in the world as long as it was against pagans or saracens, but it was in the 1400s so i guess it was a communal thing and somehow not as bad as it sounds

the black people shipped off to brazil in chains prior to the year 1701 were super happy about it but those who came later were sad

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kaleedity posted:

naw if you post here you're in the dow3 announcement trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN8geCTlZOo

I'm the gobbo on the ork mech arm

oh cool they added eva's to the game at some point, or maybe they were always there who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

the pictured man is a rookie playing in the NFL

many other NFL players are as big or bigger

there would be onfield deaths

do nfl players have guns?

thought so, lib :colbert:

• Locked thread