Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lorn Wayne posted:

so did trump get his military parade

or did the pentagon raise the decorum shields and fumble their way out of it

i assume they're still "planning" it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sandoz posted:

which merc company should I join in mw4:mercs

alphabet

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tacodaemon posted:

so anyway i was randomly reading a New York magazine article from 1986 about mobbed-up city government officials and i found this little tidbit (emphasis added):

~~~

For example, the Manhattan district attorney's office is examining the connection between one of [Bronx Democratic leader Stanley] Friedman's top aides, Bronx City Planning commissioner Theodore E. Teah, and Robert Hopkins, a mob policy operator charged last month with ordering the murder of a mob rival. Teah, a former employee of Roy Cohn's law firm, was Hopkins's lawyer. After the revelations about Hopkins came out, Teah said he was "aghast" to learn of the murder charge and of his client's reputed mob ties.

Investigators for Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau, however, say that Hopkins's reputation as a mob policy operator was widely known in the city. Hopkins himself is hard to miss. He stands six feet five inches tall and weighs 250 pounds. He fancies himself a rock star and once rented the Palladium for $15,000 to throw a party for J. J. Jackson, an MTV V.J. He tipped disco doormen with Cartier watches. And he shared a $2-million, fifty-ninth- and sixtieth-floor duplex at Trump Tower with the son-in-law of Lucchese crime-family soldier Peter "Petey Beck" DiPalermo.

have you listened to the 'sode of the dollop about trumpy

it's a two-parter and lays out how mobbed up he is so so hard

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i mean to say that i struggled with not being able to advance in my knowledge because i poo-pooed helping hand beckoning me to knowledge advancement

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

jerry seinfel posted:

I guess an alien invasion is the most sensible way for this whole thing to wrap up

I was generally pessimistic about our survival chances encountering an alien species. Now I feel like the 95% chance of pragmatic exterminatus vs the 5% chance of Vulcan uplift is worth it. The ufos are probably just chronicling our species suicide over the next 100 years.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

mandatory lesbian posted:

oh cool they added eva's to the game at some point, or maybe they were always there who knows

idk don't think the game's worth playing. Fun trailers tho!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

sandoz posted:

which merc company should I join in mw4:mercs

the space force

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lmao I bet it sees the word adopt as Adolf.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

SKULL.GIF posted:

the pictured man is a rookie playing in the NFL

many other NFL players are as big or bigger

there would be onfield deaths

that is one hell of a science experiment

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I DON'T believe in coincidences

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

did anyone on twitter gently caress the flag for loyalty day yet

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somebody tell the Q people about gangstalking

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

rear end cobra posted:

divorce coming up, then we'll have the unexpected death of a fan favorite, midterms, mass firings, then we get to impeachment around the holidays

we expect mccain to die tho

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

i can't remember who it was in c-spam who said it is hard to tell people about poo poo trump has done without sounding like you're the crazy one, rambling about how the president once hired a wiseguy called "joey no-socks" to make a fake award for him to win

Serf
May 5, 2011

Louisgod posted:

lmao I bet it sees the word adopt as Adolf.

chimichango

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Durf posted:

iirc they saw it coming and killed everyone off in a suicide mission finale

same thing happened in The Others, another Morgan/Wong project

I cannot believe other people saw Space: Above and Beyond. Love to use highly trained pilots as ground infantry, especially trench warfare in that one episode.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
general strike imo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kaleedity posted:

idk don't think the game's worth playing. Fun trailers tho!

i like the big picture of 40K but the actual like, small stuff is a lot of fascist apologia and underwhelming ideas

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

*posts earnestly about not making GBS threads on attempts to learn & educate* ok well now that's over with

Agrajag posted:

that is one hell of a science experiment

how are you such a bad poster lol jesus

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

space force makes me think trump is tryin his best to make WH40K a reality

This does increasingly seem like the timeline where Trump becomes some kind of immortal demigod monstrosity.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

i like the big picture of 40K but the actual like, small stuff is a lot of fascist apologia and underwhelming ideas

also the big stuff

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

calling a dog "a honey glazed ham" is ableist and offensive to me, whos head look like a glazed ham

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

NofrikinfuN posted:

This does increasingly seem like the timeline where Trump becomes some kind of immortal demigod monstrosity.

ACTUALLY this happened a while back

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

local twitter man discovers how something works,
declares himself expert as crux of joke

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

trump?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

tenderjerk posted:

calling a dog "a honey glazed ham" is ableist and offensive to me, whos head look like a glazed ham

Have you ever tried to cut off a slice

It might be delicious and rehabilitative

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

tacodaemon posted:

i can't remember who it was in c-spam who said it is hard to tell people about poo poo trump has done without sounding like you're the crazy one, rambling about how the president once hired a wiseguy called "joey no-socks" to make a fake award for him to win

I only have one politics wonk friend I talk to about this poo poo. Others sound confused when I bring up even simple stuff like trump being horribly overweight and a failed businessman.

Virtual Russian posted:

I cannot believe other people saw Space: Above and Beyond. Love to use highly trained pilots as ground infantry, especially trench warfare in that one episode.

ABANDON ALL HOPE

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

every day

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

sandoz posted:

also the big stuff

nah the big stuff is just a bunch of bad people and aliens fighting, an idea i can get down with, the small stuff is well actuallying the humans into good guys

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

HOw is this thread not flooded with plans to avenge Trump Doctor Sex Cake’s violation

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i did my senior thesis on piers plowman and the plagues decimated the labor base and for the first time in generations lords were actually squabbling over labor. they passed laws making it illegal for the serfs to travel and against nobles hiring laborers away from each other, though obviously the latter was pretty loosely enforced. this also led to a change in the churchs message from "hey its cool if youre poor now jesus was poor youre being like him" to "hey you should actually try to be poor now its great to be poor, makes you more like jesus. dont be greedy and ask your employer for too much money"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Trump is so smrt

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

so the dow is down -350 and the fed might hike rates in 30 minutes, or they might not

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm showing my solidarity with historical laboring classes by eating cold pea soup and bread today, what's ur lunch folks

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

JHomer722 posted:

HOw is this thread not flooded with plans to avenge Trump Doctor Sex Cake’s violation

it was a good 10 pgs but now we're in refractory period ok

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

JHomer722 posted:

revenge is a dish best served in secrecy

also everyone heres a puny nerd and allergic to sunlight etc etc

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

I did. I've had this experience multiple times now where I try to describe stuff like the piss tape, or his various insane crimes, or bizarre anecdotes (like the time he didn't help an old man bleeding out on the floor), and the people I'm talking to look at me like I'm the crazy one. I honestly think that's a big reason why he won. He's too awful for people to meaningfully comprehend. Other candidates had one or two easy to understand gaffes that defined them. Clinton had emails, Romney had 47%, McCain had that disastrous suspension of the campaign and Palin. Donny was every scandal ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

so the dow is down -350 and the fed might hike rates in 30 minutes, or they might not

That -350 means nothing friend

• Locked thread