Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Bearjew posted:

did anything trumpy happen today

Trumps security guard raided the crazy sex doctors office and stole all the documents. The doctor felt raped and conducted a TV interview on the toilet and called it Watergate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Serf posted:

roadkill out here just sits for weeks and weeks, decomposing and there's no one coming to pick it up

it sits there decomposing, baking in the hot sun, but you're not picking it up, why is that serf?

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

99 dollar special

salute to infrastructure week

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Serf posted:

i wonder how many jobs we could create if we decided to fix all the roads on a federal level. just seriously start fixing and improving every road in america. how many jobs could we then keep if we also dedicated ourselves to properly maintaining them like they should

"shovel ready" maintenance projects were what made up a chunk of obama's stimulus that congress let him roll out. as you can guess this didn't really have much of an impact upon the overall state of our infrastructure

most of what's needed is full on replacement and expansion of big chunks of poo poo like urban water and sewerage systems and bridges and buildouts of rail meant to carry people around cities and regions

that poo poo takes a lot of time and money to design and organize and build and politicians hate spending money for something that doesn't immediately look great

a typical project on an existing highway, say if you're widening it out to put in a dumbass HOV lane, could take as few as four years to design and build if you made the money immediately available and provided enough funding to throw enough bodies at it to work around the clock to get it done asap, which also assumes there are no unexpected delays or problems requiring any changes whatsoever at any point during design or construction

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Thank you for this. I didn't save the PSD and couldn't find the image. It's always applicable.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Duscat posted:

has he accomplished one goddamn thing wrt the infrastructure

remember when trump solved the opioid crisis by giving 2 Naloxone doses to highschools

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

deathbysnusnu posted:

Every time people try and defend Kelly for keeping Trump on the rails, people need to remember that Kelly's definition of rails is escalating a ground war in Syria and defending dudes who give their exes black eyes. The neocon hawks are 1000x more dangerous than Trump excluding the brain spiders pushing the launch button. Trump is chaos personified, sometimes he Mr. Magoo's himself in a decent direction like befriending KJU and deescalating Korea by being a balls deep in his daughter lunatic.

only an insane moron person like trump being able to make peace with the kims owns too bad itll be like 50 years before the current crop of decorocucks are all dead and wont censor historians from saying that

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
TRUMP         T
          M         R
          U          U
          R          M
PMURTRUMP
M       R
U        U
R        M
T        PMURT

Serf
May 5, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

"shovel ready" maintenance projects were what made up a chunk of obama's stimulus that congress let him roll out. as you can guess this didn't really have much of an impact upon the overall state of our infrastructure

most of what's needed is full on replacement and expansion of big chunks of poo poo like urban water and sewerage systems and bridges and buildouts of rail meant to carry people around cities and regions

that poo poo takes a lot of time and money to design and organize and build and politicians hate spending money for something that doesn't immediately look great

a typical project on an existing highway, say if you're widening it out to put in a dumbass HOV lane, could take as few as four years to design and build if you made the money immediately available and provided enough funding to throw enough bodies at it to work around the clock to get it done asap, which also assumes there are no unexpected delays or problems requiring any changes whatsoever at any point during design or construction

that all sounds wonderful from a job creation perspective

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Durf posted:

remember when trump solved the opioid crisis by giving 2 Naloxone doses to highschools

ENJOY! - :chaostrump:

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

I'm legit thankful we got Trump over literally any other republican. I think we'd definitely be going to war in Iran with anyone else because you gotta do something after looting the treasury with your tax bill. I doubt Trump will make it happen because he can't keep his focus on anything for more than 5 minutes. Invasions of that scale take months of logistical planning and smooth brains has no idea where the carriers are at any given moment. I mean sure Trump can say we're invading Trump today just like he can command Diana goddess of the moon to descend and make love to him, but if we don't have troops in the region it won't happen.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
wow trump's bodygaurd raped his crazy old doctor that's hosed up

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Knight posted:

If slavery really was a choice, it was cruel of Republicans, led by Abraham Lincoln, to take that choice from them and force them out of being slaves. I am pro-choice and a free American thinker.

The funny thing about this sentence is that it is a real no poo poo Lost Cause talking point

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ex post facho posted:

How many loving infrastructure weeks have we had now

i subscribe to the interpretation that its one continuous infrastructure week

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Internet Webguy posted:

https://twitter.com/CatClifford/status/991013181182103552

u could, i dunno, pay ur workers a living wage

no? oh alright then :smith:

Fix Flint’s water? nahhhh, not sexy.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

I'm legit thankful we got Trump over literally any other republican. I think we'd definitely be going to war in Iran with anyone else because you gotta do something after looting the treasury with your tax bill. I doubt Trump will make it happen because he can't keep his focus on anything for more than 5 minutes. Invasions of that scale take months of logistical planning and smooth brains has no idea where the carriers are at any given moment. I mean sure Trump can say we're invading Trump today just like he can command Diana goddess of the moon to descend and make love to him, but if we don't have troops in the region it won't happen.

f u l l o f s e s h

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

today started trumupy but then got boring

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Thoatse posted:

wow trump's bodygaurd raped his crazy old doctor that's hosed up

also made him sad.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

rear end cobra posted:

TRUMP   T
    M   R
    U   U
    R   M
PMURTRUMP
M   R
U   U
R   M
T   PMURT

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump will pop off with something dumb before 6 I'm sure

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
tired: (semi) popularly-elected chief executive with a four-year term

wired: eternal computer

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!
i don't like how we all died 2 years ago and some joker decided to rename hell to infrastructure week

not funny!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

tired: (semi) popularly-elected chief executive with a four-year term

wired: dirty computer

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

tenderjerk posted:

i hope his son's legacy was worth the inevitable getting fired on the toilet

can't get fired if you never poop

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

rear end cobra posted:

TRUMP         T
          M         R
          U          U
          R          M
PMURTRUMP
M       R
U        U
R        M
T        PMURT

wrong direction

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Fat stupid shithead make with the threats tweets

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

thinking bout that mustache

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
troomp!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lookoutbelow posted:

Fix Flint’s water? nahhhh, not sexy.

Nobody actually cares about Flint. Even less people care about Saginaw.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Oops, npr talking about Michelle Wolff

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 21:15 on May 1, 2018

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

jarofpiss posted:

they forgot to put them on flash cards for trump so when they leaked he hadnt read them all and he tweeted “NO COLLLUSION QUESTIONS” when there actually were a lot of collusion questions

He knows, he just needs to send out the dumb as poo poo talking points to smoothbrain nation because his fans all have such severe CTE that they need to be reminded exactly how to word "nuh uh" for specific topics.

And it doesn't matter that all you have to tell them is "ctrl+f manafort" because they're only bouncing them off other CHUDs who are trying to will their way into an alternate reality where Trump is actually really good.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
kanye owns

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i liked kanyes bored "ughhh dont lecture me mom" look as the guy dunked on him for being a thoughtless mouthpiece for the trite racist arguments dipshits have been making for years.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
amazon really decoded to crack down on the "boss makes a dollar" axiom, huh

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Inspector Hound posted:

Oops, not talking about Michelle Wolff

https://twitter.com/theGrio/status/990989605448179713

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

John Kelly, reveal yourself

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Extremely Smart Free Thinker Voice: You see you can't be a victim!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im all the people deciding slavery was a choice solely because they heard kanye say it

• Locked thread