Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Krycek posted:

Basically, moma is the voice telling us not to pay attention to the MEN behind the curtain.

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

X-Ultron posted:

MoMa is just salty that CIG didn't get him a new rig.

Was it too much to ask for all the work I do here? pfft.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

SoftNum posted:

he doesn't need it he's already seen/played all of SQ42

Not all - just some.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Foo Diddley posted:

Oh, please let this be true; I just want to hear the backers telling everyone how this was what they wanted all along and they didn't get ripped off at all

They’ve got a big video production planned and Chris Roberts is presumably the star. They need lots of b-roll of whales in ecstasia simply at the sight of him within arm’s reach.

They are going to stockpile moments like these two clips for their propagandistic use. There is an ever growing need to normalize that which is dysfunctional and glorify that which is deviant. Chris is essential to that effort as he is the personification of it. He must be there, and they reacting to him with deference and reverence, or the entire contrivance will have been for naught. They need that footage, they need that whale buzz, they need that entire event to send 60 some odd super-believers back out amongst the faithful as disciples energized by the miraculous acts they have seen with their own eyes.

So whatever his reservations if he has them, he’s duty bound to attend. A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do and in this case, so does Chris.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

So you're saying they're all in on the scam, not just Chris?

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Scruffpuff posted:

From the rumour mill:

Chris Roberts is now trying to get out of his obligation to attend Friday's "dinner with your autistic hero" celebration.

The reason? Concern from Sandi after the crazy Canadian incel guy ran down innocent people that his backers are, and I quote, "The same kind of crazy fuckers, you know they are."

Supposedly Erin is the stand-in; I'm not convinced people who ponied up will be happy with anything less than the genuine inept fraud article.

I just thought of a solution:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Involuntary Celebate and its a bunch of lonely nerds too stupid or depressed to go outside and talk to people becoming resentful douchebags who only want to see women (in general) harmed in some fashion.

Its stupid. Its sexist. Its disgusting. Lock 'em up, I say.

phosdex posted:

involuntary celibates. it's a terrible, dark rabbit hole to go down

Has anyone here ever heard of Moviebob ? Cause that's exactly what I'm thinking when I read those replies.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Scruffpuff posted:

From the rumour mill:

Chris Roberts is now trying to get out of his obligation to attend Friday's "dinner with your autistic hero" celebration.

The reason? Concern from Sandi after the crazy Canadian incel guy ran down innocent people that his backers are, and I quote, "The same kind of crazy fuckers, you know they are."

Supposedly Erin is the stand-in; I'm not convinced people who ponied up will be happy with anything less than the genuine inept fraud article.

Maybe Chris Roberts should issue a masturbation fatwa to help reduce the mounting collective tension before somebody gets hurt :ohdear:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sample_text posted:

I just thought of a solution:

That was a meme from the distant past.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Be careful before going in too hard against incels. A portion of the community is terrible, but another portion are people with legit issues, such as birth defects, physical/mental disease, childhood abuse, etc.

Something has happened to that person to make them that way, and it wasn't necessarily under their control.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

G0RF posted:

They’ve got a big video production planned and Chris Roberts is presumably the star. They need lots of b-roll of whales in ecstasia simply at the sight of him within arm’s reach.

They are going to stockpile moments like these two clips for their propagandistic use. There is an ever growing need to normalize that which is dysfunctional and glorify that which is deviant. Chris is essential to that effort as he is the personification of it. He must be there, and they reacting to him with deference and reverence, or the entire contrivance will have been for naught. They need that footage, they need that whale buzz, they need that entire event to send 60 some odd super-believers back out amongst the faithful as disciples energized by the miraculous acts they have seen with their own eyes.

So whatever his reservations if he has them, he’s duty bound to attend. A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do and in this case, so does Chris.

I can't wait to see the High Sbearow/Lincel Lannister shoops that come out of this one

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

ManofManyAliases posted:

Lol. You guys should band together to write some fiction.

While we're at it, why don't you tell us more about that complete build you saw last year that relieved you of all your doubts?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

EightAce posted:

Never mind that . Whats the UK Law for using a stand alone game made in Cryengine called Sq42 to apply for UK tax credits AND not one but 2 huge loans . Particularly in light of the fact that they are now saying SQ42 is NOT standalone but part of Starcitizen in order to make Crytek go away . Something wicked this way comes and it isn't as frivolous as a Crytek lawsuit . You will see a full 'End of days Rapture' on Reddit over the next 18 months. And you can quote the poo poo out of that

I remember when the loans first came to light, it seemed like a complete Sword of Damocles hanging over the project. There's just no way that ends well for whoever is left holding the bag.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

Be careful before going in too hard against incels. A portion of the community is terrible, but another portion are people with legit issues, such as birth defects, physical/mental disease, childhood abuse, etc.

Something has happened to that person to make them that way, and it wasn't necessarily under their control.
yeah I was born with "all woman are sluts, but none of them want to sleep with me"-itis

its cured by having sex with a pristine virgin girl with blonde hair who is barely 18

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
all incels are trash

forever trash

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

his nibs posted:

Star Citizer: No Promise Was Broken

Star Citizer: Absolves Any Issue

:colbert:

Ergo

Star Citizer: No Promise Was In Fact Made

Borak is either plain stupid or a paid shill motherfucker.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

yeah I was born with "all woman are sluts, but none of them want to sleep with me"-itis

its cured by having sex with a pristine virgin girl with blonde hair who is barely 18

Still suffering, then? Ba-dum *tsch*.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

X-Ultron posted:

*Bullshit video with Chris waving his hands around a lot.*

[artists impression]

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

Still suffering, then? Ba-dum *tsch*.
much like star citizen, incels only have themselves to blame for their problems

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

TheAgent posted:

much like star citizen, incels only have themselves to blame for their problems

Stacey the cheerleader won't go to the prom with me....

...time to buy another Idris.

(that'll show her)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

I remember when the loans first came to light, it seemed like a complete Sword of Damocles hanging over the project. There's just no way that ends well for whoever is left holding the bag.

I read that as the Swofford of Damocles and it still worked

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TheAgent posted:

FYI, people can fall into the state of being unable to have healthy adult relationships due to childhood abuse, or illness, that destroys their ability to fit in with their peers during their formative years.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I can't tell what's real or satire anymore

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

TheAgent posted:

I can't tell what's real or satire anymore

Time to buy a Genesis Starliner and sit down with a nice cold Hairy Roberts.
It'll all makes sense....

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

FYI, people can fall into the state of being unable to have healthy adult relationships due to childhood abuse, or illness, that destroys their ability to fit in with their peers during their formative years.

This is true, but hopefully they understand the difference between being a shitlord and not being a shitlord.

Edit: Need to push someone down to feel good? Shitlord! Need to divert attention from what you're doing because it makes you uncomfortable? Shitlord! Blame everyone else for a lack of success? Shitlord!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I just want to gently caress space ships

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

I just want to gently caress space ships

will that be love pledge dlc

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Only arf can save us now

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

XK posted:

.........so?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ugh, this Stimpire poo poo never fails to creep me out.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sample_text posted:

Stacey the cheerleader won't go to the prom with me....

...time to buy another Idris.

(that'll show her)

If she's a loose female then maybe you could bring your printer to her house she'll have sex with you. Have you considered that?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

DapperDon posted:

.........so?

Pledge more ? Get a refund ?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I don't know what to think about sc now that we are left without Dr. Smart's guidance.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sample_text posted:

EDIT:
No disrespect meant to TB, tho.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2634792

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

This can be said of any abhorrent behavior. They are still scum (because we make fun of the ones that are scum) even if there is a perfectly reasonable reason for them to be so.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

DapperDon posted:

.........so?

Don't make fun of legit disabled people.

Free reign on the hateful portion.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

XK posted:

Incels are the hateful portion. They are the ones who band together to talk about how they can't get laid and it's women's fault. They're cheering for Elliot Rogers and that guy in the van.

So no, not gonna be all nice to the guys who want me dead or as a sex slave, they can gently caress off.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

XK posted:

What about the disabled hateful portion?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DapperDon posted:

.........so?

Well, so you can _understand_ why running a van into a crowd isn't their fault, of course.

XK posted:

Duder, 'incel' is a self-label. They're a legit _banned_ group on Reddit. Nobody is having a go at legitimately disabled people, and drawing a line between the two is insulting the group I don't take the piss out of.

Meanwhile, in Christian cinema; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMjZca83-Og

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Midnight Voyager posted:

Incels are the hateful portion. They are the ones who band together to talk about how they can't get laid and it's women's fault. They're cheering for Elliot Rogers and that guy in the van.

So no, not gonna be all nice to the guys who want me dead or as a sex slave, they can gently caress off.

What about a person who is incel because they have Down's, and just really wants somebody to love them?

CellarDweller posted:

What about the disabled hateful portion?

Disabled people can be assholes too.