Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Yeah if you're worth a drat (sit down, Teicher) you don't want to stay at a dying newspaper who thinks the solution for their financial woes is to charge people to read their content online.

Terez Paylor's A grade for the Chiefs draft was garbo, however.

It was his parting gift.

The Star is also responsible for Jason Whitlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers in San Diego had a good beat writer. They let him go after the move and now he's the Raiders beat writer.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

piss tape israel posted:

The Denver Post recently started doing this and it makes me mad

I like to read Kiszla's crap because he's usually on the nose but yeah this bugs. Fun fact I found out though. When you run out of "free articles" you can open the links in "incognito" and you're all good.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

E: ^This guy gets it.

piss tape israel posted:

The Star's paywall is amusing because you can just private tab view it and have no problems as they rely on nothing but cookies.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers in San Diego had a good beat writer. They let him go after the move and now he's the Raiders beat writer.

Jesus, they really did let Kevin Acee go. He had some of the best takedowns of lovely Chargers players, and then Spanos and his crotch spawn when they moved the team. I'll miss him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

aperion posted:

Jesus, they really did let Kevin Acee go. He had some of the best takedowns of lovely Chargers players, and then Spanos and his crotch spawn when they moved the team. I'll miss him.

Acee actually became a columnist and Michael Gehlken took over, which is who I was referring to.

Acee is actually a Padres beat writer now because he hates happiness

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Acee actually became a columnist and Michael Gehlken took over, which is who I was referring to.

Acee is actually a Padres beat writer now because he hates happiness

oh okay. drat. I remember Ghelkin too now that you reminded me. :smith:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

piss tape israel posted:

The KC paper had a paywall for a while but I think they stopped? Or maybe because I now only ever go to it from twitter links from their sports people I don't get them.. I dunno.

I went to Yahoo to see if Terez had anything up yet, but I didn't see anything yet.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Great news everyone!

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/991630705745686529

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mother FUCKER

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

nice

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Maybe chill

https://twitter.com/AustinGayle_PFF/status/992038006348533760

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This would have been a really big deal 4 years ago. Good for him if Oakland pays him, though.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Austin Gayle has turned into a huge bitch and it's actually pretty funny. Also, DJ was brought in for Bowman leverage and left five minutes later.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

And signed. Enjoy the retirement center roster :laugh:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm really really not keen on seeing Derrick Johnson in a Raiders jersey. I don't fear his abilities anymore it's just lovely all around. Like Neil Smith in a Broncos jersey or Albert Lewis in a Raiders jersey or Marty wearing a Chargers hat.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Why not Bowman

Why not

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
gruden for coach of the year

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Blitz7x posted:

Why not Bowman

Why not

too young and inexperienced; also doesn't fit the culture

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

warcrimes posted:

Also, DJ was brought in for Bowman leverage and left five minutes later.

:lol:

kiimo posted:

I'm really really not keen on seeing Derrick Johnson in a Raiders jersey. I don't fear his abilities anymore it's just lovely all around. Like Neil Smith in a Broncos jersey or Albert Lewis in a Raiders jersey or Marty wearing a Chargers hat.

Neil Smith was actually good on the Broncos, unlike what DJ will be.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Blitz7x posted:

Why not Bowman

Why not

Guess I got that wrong. And after looking at this, I'm fine with it.

https://twitter.com/ChrisReed_NFL/status/992471444280885248

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DJ had two pick-6s in the same game.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Not gonna lie, I think it'd be hilarious if DJ somehow injures Mahomes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Yeah I get it. It was like seeing Jamaal Williams or Quentin Jammer as Broncos. You knew they were done but seeing them in that jersey blows.

See also: Donnie Edwards wearing red and white

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

See also: Donnie Edwards wearing red and white

See also see also: Donnie Edwards in a Chargers jersey (he was ours first and I still miss him :()

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Guess I got that wrong. And after looking at this, I'm fine with it.

https://twitter.com/ChrisReed_NFL/status/992471444280885248
That's including stats before 2nd achilles tear. I don't think 2017 was as friendly.

And once the nostalgia wore off on Donnie Edwards, I came to the conclusion that he was a solid LB but also overrated.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

^

quote:

He led all qualifying linebackers in coverage snaps played per reception allowed (18.7) and yards allowed per coverage snap (0.41) in 2017.

https://twitter.com/AustinGayle_PFF/status/992448928971927554

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/992488909245485066

Thanks KC!

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 4, 2018

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

LiquidFriend posted:

That's including stats before 2nd achilles tear. I don't think 2017 was as friendly.

And once the nostalgia wore off on Donnie Edwards, I came to the conclusion that he was a solid LB but also overrated.

Nonsense, he's as good an athlete as ever. Just the other day he went golfing for the first time and hit 11 holes in one!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

See also see also: Donnie Edwards in a Chargers jersey (he was ours first and I still miss him :()

Yeah but he was at his best with us and is a San Diego native.

I miss him too and didn't hate him when he we t back to KC. Donnie was great.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I really love warcrimes ability to convince himself every that Raiders move is good. DJ is beyond cooked, Derrick Henry was outrunning him to the sidelines. although yeah he is still probably the best linebacker on that team now lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I really love warcrimes ability to convince himself every that Raiders move is good. DJ is beyond cooked, Derrick Henry was outrunning him to the sidelines. although yeah he is still probably the best linebacker on that team now lol

Mack?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Off ball linebacker, but I admit I forgot all about Mack as a player

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Gunther's a better DC than what they've had in a while, but yeah the Raiders' LBs outside of Mack are hot trash. Good thing they don't compete in a division with a couple of teams with good receiving backs and TEs... oh.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
DJ was so done last year that KC actually started subbing him out for Ragland/KPL linebacker sets near the end of the season. He’s got a great football mind and can diagnose plays well but his calling card was speed and 2 Achilles tears and being 35 years old...well, have fun

I don’t think anyone even brought him in for a visit over the last 3 months until Gruden

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Upgrade

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Unless he finds the fountain of youth then how is it anything more than a side grade at best?

I have zero expectations for anything this year. Could go 4-12 just as easily as 12-4.

Gruden is putting on a master class in "let's just randomly do a bunch of random poo poo because lol random"

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Black Sunshine posted:

Unless he finds the fountain of youth then how is it anything more than a side grade at best?

I have zero expectations for anything this year. Could go 4-12 just as easily as 12-4.

Gruden is putting on a master class in "let's just randomly do a bunch of random poo poo because lol random"

It's not really random. There's a clear strategy to what they're doing. I disagree with it, but it's not random.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Luminous Cow posted:

It's not really random. There's a clear strategy to what they're doing. I disagree with it, but it's not random.

Yeah he's trying to go back to 1998

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Flikken posted:

Yeah he's trying to go back to 1998

I'd say 00-02 personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'll place my bet on 1999 then, that seems like the safe option