Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Question with the Minnie Van thing, we're going to be staying at the Wilderness Campgrounds and my parents are wondering where exactly does the Minnie Van drop you off. Is it in the main area of the Campgrounds or would it drop you off in front of your cabin or what's the deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
It drops you at the horse barn, which is located about 100-200 ft from the backyard BBQ place and about 400 ft from Pioneer Hall. Taking to boat to Ft. Wilderness is the same distance as walking, but you go from the opposite side.

Oh you have a completely different question - the van can go almost anywhere I believe- so it’s possible it can pick you up at your campsite, but I haven’t tried it from your angle. I know that you can take it past where regular cars can go for HDD or Backyard BBQ, but they couldn’t drop us off in front of Pioneer Hall.

Anya fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 29, 2018

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Got another question. My brother and I picked up those Discover Tickets and now want to change them to silver annual passes. Lots of folks keep telling me to go to Disney Springs since guest services is much faster there. But my question is, since we're staying at a Disney resort can we just do the change at the resort instead or does it have to be at the Parks or Disney Springs?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can’t do APs at the resorts has to be parks or Guest Sevices

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Can’t do APs at the resorts has to be parks or Guest Sevices

Good to know, thank you very much.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Is there any particular reason why they can’t be done at the resorts - I would think an upgrade wouldn’t be that complicated.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I got my AP at AKL.....

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Anya posted:

Is there any particular reason why they can’t be done at the resorts - I would think an upgrade wouldn’t be that complicated.

I can’t speak to whether it actually can be done (see: BlueBayou’s post) but. Scroll up to
free dining day and see the people complaining about how the system snapped and took the FP and restaurant reservation systems with it.

The reason is “lol Disney IT”

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I upgraded my tickets at AoA concierge desk so it can definitely be done at resorts.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Huh did they just do it? The line for a long time was resorts cant do it because they can’t have people sign the payment plan forms and access the AP program etc.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

Boxman posted:

The reason is “lol Disney IT”

This probably should always be an answer for Disney problems.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
FYI the Stargazer bar on the back side of Planet Hollywood has a great happy hour with $5 pints of Florida craft beers from 4-7 pm. Best deal in Disney Springs. I recommend the Cigar Cit Jai Alai.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Huh did they just do it? The line for a long time was resorts cant do it because they can’t have people sign the payment plan forms and access the AP program etc.

I did mine in Feb so at least that long. I don't know how much longer before that.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Might make a solo trip this weekend just for the hell of it, anyone have experience with Cinqo de Mayo weekend? I'm guessing the Epcot Mexico pavilion is a little busier?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Quixotic1 posted:

Might make a solo trip this weekend just for the hell of it, anyone have experience with Cinqo de Mayo weekend? I'm guessing the Epcot Mexico pavilion is a little busier?

I was there last year, the queue for drinks in the Mexico pavilion was ridiculous, but the 3 Caballeros ride was still a walk-on.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Icedude posted:

I was there last year, the queue for drinks in the Mexico pavilion was ridiculous, but the 3 Caballeros ride was still a walk-on.

Thanks for the intel

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

I did mine in Feb so at least that long. I don't know how much longer before that.

Pretty sure it was around October of last year that it was a thing everywhere.

The more they show toy story land the cheaper it looks and then I feel bad because I know they've tried their hardest with the budget they were given

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
thanos magicband does the snap!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYOtNM171UQ

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Oh man, I kinda want that band.

If I order it online, do i get to use my AP discount?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

BlueBayou posted:

Oh man, I kinda want that band.

If I order it online, do i get to use my AP discount?

Yeah. Order through shop parks and you’ll get AP discount. The bad part is it only makes the effects at the entrance turnstiles and apparently a lot of turnstiles don’t have effects turned on. When it works it should work at the turnstiles for all parks though, it’s not park specific.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
We’re at Epcot today, what’s the good stuff to try at Flower & Garden this year?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

We’re at Epcot today, what’s the good stuff to try at Flower & Garden this year?

The cauliflower dish and honey wine at the honey stand. Best vegan dish I’ve ever tasted.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Got back from a fantastic trip and wanted to say thanks to everyone here. Reading the whole thread and taking notes was a huge help. There’s a ton of garbage Disney blogs/forums/etc. out there and the sense of entitlement on e.g. disboards can drown out the useful knowledge. Thanks to the thread regulars for info and advice, and thanks to other first-timers asking the dumb questions so I didn’t have to.

Specific thanks:
• Fireworks outside Gaston’s Tavern. I forget who suggested it (sorry!) and the post may even pre-date the current show but it was an awesome place to watch. Deserted and you have giant loud fireworks right over your head. Not ideal for a first viewing unless you really dgaf about image projection on castles.
• Water fountains everywhere, just bring a water bottle. I think Braks suggested this? I don’t normally carry around a water bottle so this wouldn’t have occurred to me but it worked great. (Only missing bit is a crowdsourced Fountains of Disney World app so I can rate the water pressure.)
• Ohana was tasty. Actually in general the food tips were helpful.
• Book your Avatar Flight of Passage FastPass(es) as soon as humanly possible! Once the 30 day window hit there were no FastPasses to be had. (I remembered to check about 28 days from arrival so some of our trip was in and some out of the window.)

Possibly useful tips for someone somewhere:
• Definitely read up on how FastPasses work (the disboards faq seems to cover it well). Minmaxing FastPasses kinda scratches that free-to play-game itch, and the prize is still an empty wallet, but also you get to go on fun rides.
We ended up taking an unnecessary FastPass (standby time was like 5min) at Hollywood Studios just to unlock our bonus FastPass. Ended up doing Tower of Terror four times that afternoon all on FastPass.
• Keep mashing different times in the "add FastPass" screen, and get more devices involved too if possible (even if you’ve linked accounts, you’ll get different offerings). Many times we were able to land a FastPass for like 20min from now when standby was 30-60min, but it took several refreshes to get offered that handy FastPass. And these were passes for rides like Splash Mountain and Test Track. Only time it didn’t work (no surprise here) was for FoP.

Finally:
• Everyone undersells how shittastic Carousel of Progress is. Holy poo poo.
• Yet The American Adventure was worse. At least the CoP song is catchy. (Just looked it up and I guessed right: written by the Sherman Brothers.)
• Right around here is when my travelling companion was finally convinced that not every Disney ride is gold.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pokeyman posted:

I will loving fight you

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I bet you don't like the country bear jamboree either

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Or Sonny Eclipse

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Renegret posted:

I will loving fight you

Hold my earrings, I want first punch.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

pokeyman posted:

Finally:
• Yet The American Adventure was worse. At least the CoP song is catchy. (Just looked it up and I guessed right: written by the Sherman Brothers.)
• Right around here is when my travelling companion was finally convinced that not every Disney ride is gold.

if Sarah would use the time the automatic paint stirrer is saving her to finish wallpapering the god drat rompus room instead of complaining to John maybe the ride would look a little nicer

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

BlueBayou posted:

Or Sonny Eclipse

My dad wasn't feeling well one day and spent like 4 hours chilling in Cosmic Ray's. For the rest of the trip he'd occasionally drop a Sonny Eclipse joke, it was great.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

pokeyman posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo.

In other news, the rumor mill is churning out stuff about them having purchased new monorails to replace the ones that seem to have spare doors from tower of terror.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Renegret posted:

I will loving fight you

You have my axe and my sword.

Dren posted:

if Sarah would use the time the automatic paint stirrer is saving her to finish wallpapering the god drat rompus room instead of complaining to John maybe the ride would look a little nicer

Their loving daughter is always such a problem.

pokeyman posted:

Specific thanks:
• Fireworks outside Gaston’s Tavern. I forget who suggested it (sorry!) and the post may even pre-date the current show but it was an awesome place to watch. Deserted and you have giant loud fireworks right over your head. Not ideal for a first viewing unless you really dgaf about image projection on castles.
• Water fountains everywhere, just bring a water bottle. I think Braks suggested this? I don’t normally carry around a water bottle so this wouldn’t have occurred to me but it worked great. (Only missing bit is a crowdsourced Fountains of Disney World app so I can rate the water pressure.)

• Book your Avatar Flight of Passage FastPass(es) as soon as humanly possible! Once the 30 day window hit there were no FastPasses to be had. (I remembered to check about 28 days from arrival so some of our trip was in and some out of the window.)

Possibly useful tips for someone somewhere:
• Definitely read up on how FastPasses work (the disboards faq seems to cover it well). Minmaxing FastPasses kinda scratches that free-to play-game itch, and the prize is still an empty wallet, but also you get to go on fun rides.
We ended up taking an unnecessary FastPass (standby time was like 5min) at Hollywood Studios just to unlock our bonus FastPass. Ended up doing Tower of Terror four times that afternoon all on FastPass.
• Keep mashing different times in the "add FastPass" screen, and get more devices involved too if possible (even if you’ve linked accounts, you’ll get different offerings). Many times we were able to land a FastPass for like 20min from now when standby was 30-60min, but it took several refreshes to get offered that handy FastPass. And these were passes for rides like Splash Mountain and Test Track. Only time it didn’t work (no surprise here) was for FoP.

Finally:
Yet The American Adventure was worse. At least the CoP song is catchy. (Just looked it up and I guessed right: written by the Sherman Brothers.)

These are the correct things you wrote. American Adventure is garbage and I hate it. It does nothing but glorify America's bloody past. The other three shows in World Showcase are all about the beauty of the countries but no. We're racism, gore, and hellfire. We have a gorgeous fuckin place too. We could have something upbeat.

Also gently caress the voices of liberty.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Yeah you’re real wrong about about Carousel buuuut

pokeyman posted:

I’m with you on this. Right about the time Oprah popped up, bathed in golden light, we were both struggling to not burst into laughter. The entire thing drove us to drink (around the world.)

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Also gently caress the voices of liberty.

With a cactus. In the butt.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Bottom Liner posted:

Chilequiles in Mexico x 1000000

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I do admire the commitment to recycling. "Hey Walt what should we do with your goofy worlds fair exhibit?" "Move it to Disneyland and never shut it down. Let’s budget twelve dollars per year to keep it running and modern." "Sure thing boss."

When a cast member is to be put on probation I bet they get offered their choice of transfer: Carousel of Progress or The American Adventure. And the most common answer is "ok, ok, I get it, I quit".

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

pokeyman posted:

I do admire the commitment to recycling. "Hey Walt what should we do with your goofy worlds fair exhibit?" "Move it to Disneyland and never shut it down. Let’s budget twelve dollars per year to keep it running and modern." "Sure thing boss."

When a cast member is to be put on probation I bet they get offered their choice of transfer: Carousel of Progress or The American Adventure. And the most common answer is "ok, ok, I get it, I quit”

We get it, you have bad opinions. You don’t have to convince anyone further.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Nanigans posted:

Chilequiles in Mexico x 1000000

Yeah these and the slider in USA at the Smokehouse booth were the two best things I had at the fest.

Cauliflower was pretty close at the Morocco booth but anything is good fried and with ranch. The Honey booth had that dope tikka flatbread too.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
If you axe the carousel, where on earth am I supposed to take a quiet nap? Plus I need that song stuck in my head at least once a trip

I did the American adventure on Election Day 2016, as my place to pass out during my quest to drink around the world to blot out the impeding doom and it’s still the most patriotic thing I’ve ever done. gently caress those stairs, there were too drat many of them.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Anya posted:

If you axe the carousel, where on earth am I supposed to take a quiet nap?

PeopleMover? Or there’s probably a nice alcove along the Space Mountain exit hike.

Also the PeopleMover stopping like five times in two minutes made me chuckle. YOU HAVE ONE JOB

quote:

Plus I need that song stuck in my head at least once a trip

Fair. It is a good song.

The best Tomorrowland attraction we found that wasn’t on the map was watching Tomorrowland Speedway cars come around the corner by the Space Mountain gift shop. I could not stop laughing at the yellow car hitting the rail at every opportunity, a jam of ten cars behind it, an adult smiling exasperatedly in the passenger seat, and all you can see of the driver is two tiny hands at the top of the steering wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Good advice on getting the Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum! gotta agree it's drat good :D