Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

A statue with a penis? How degenerate Europe has become :bahgawd:

They should put a nice, christian, Christmas tree in its place

Looks like a butt plug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Sorry for dragging this back up but that sounds awful. Do you have some links to that?

Protip: go to a hospital that does a lot of C-sections. Childbirth can go bad fast with no indication and you could find yourself suddenly needing a C-section to save your life and/or your child's life. You'll want the A team for that.

I've never heard of Catholic hospitals refusing C-Sections. But Catholic hospitals are very (unreasonably) eager not to "kill a baby", so they will refuse to remove the fetus if it's dying / unable to survive outside the womb but not technically dead yet.

So if you'd like to avoid dying of sepsis while your doomed fetus pumps out its last feeble heartbeats, give birth somewhere else.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

MrOzzy posted:

Looks like a butt plug?

Looks like?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

MrOzzy posted:

Looks like a butt plug?

It's from an American artist and called "tree" so I don't see how this could represent a buttplug in any way

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Elysiume posted:

I mean they're big relative to other characters, not freakishly large relative to other characters like they'd need to be in order to merit the nightmarish mess that is the live action CGI version.

I think the movie just maintained the same stupid anime eyes proportion and it's highlighting how loving weird that is when juxtaposed with actual people

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Glottis posted:

I think the movie just maintained the same stupid anime eyes proportion and it's highlighting how loving weird that is when juxtaposed with actual people

That's pretty much exactly why Cameron did it (I swear there's an interview where he states as much) . Except that eye style is almost ubiquitous for anime and manga in the 90's, and it's the same style used on most of the other female characters in Battle Angel Alita. There is absolutely nothing unique about her eyes at all. It's even a bit of a story thing that she looks mostly human when most of the other Scrapyard cyborgs are just vaguely-humanoid mechanical parts slapped together. If not just a brain in whatever kind of body they can get functionally mobile from discarded Tiphares parts.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Absolute unit.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Oh wow someone made a statue of me.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

The man who made Aliens and Terminator 2 has a lifetime pass against being considered "bad"

His upcoming Avatar sequels will probably make a killing, because making money is what Cameron does

He was also the one championing that hot 48 FPS garbage like it would become the next standard after The Hobbit part 1 came out, and that sure got swept under the rug fast when it made everything look like a cheesy Spanish soap opera

He's about even at this point with his judgements

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lots of great filmmakers go on to become terrible filmmakers or, even worse, mediocre ones

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

MrOzzy posted:

Looks like a butt plug?

That is obviously a tree! And this is obviously Santa Claus:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

oscarthewilde posted:

That is obviously a tree!

It's like a Rorschach test. Normal good-brained people see a tree but gross sick-brained perverts see something else (apparently).

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

No or very small testicles? Maybe suffering from the Klinefelter syndrome (XXY - males)

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

MrOzzy posted:

No or very small testicles? Maybe suffering from the Klinefelter syndrome (XXY - males)

Actually Donald Trump has huge testicles. You wouldn't believe how large they are. Some of the greatest testicles of all time. No Klinefelter. No Klinefelter. You're the Klinefelter.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Pararoid posted:

I mean he's kinda right though isn't he? I mean the MCU has like 24 films either released or planned, and Avatar has one film with four planned?

He's right to hope for "Avengers fatigue" so people will care about his movies more? I suppose so, like I'm right to hope for me to win the lottery and have Scarlet Witch sit on my face.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

He doesn't have to hope about people caring about his movies. Everything he has released has been a huge hit

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Parrotine posted:

He was also the one championing that hot 48 FPS garbage like it would become the next standard after The Hobbit part 1 came out, and that sure got swept under the rug fast when it made everything look like a cheesy Spanish soap opera

He's about even at this point with his judgements

And yet we really do need to move to a better standard for films. Any time the cameras track during an interior shot, the backgrounds judder and look terrible.

Just, you know, not the soap opera standard. Please.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Fartbox posted:

He doesn't have to hope about people caring about his movies. Everything he has released has been a huge hit

Yet he seems unhappy. If he wants to be top dog again perhaps direct a Terminator movie himself instead of faintly wishing for fatigue.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

doverhog posted:

Yet he seems unhappy. If he wants to be top dog again perhaps direct a Terminator movie himself instead of faintly wishing for fatigue.

when it gets to that point, all you're doing is competing against other billion dollar franchises and you just want to be the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPh4Ebot9A8

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Plavski posted:

when it gets to that point, all you're doing is competing against other billion dollar franchises and you just want to be the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPh4Ebot9A8

Of course, Ol' George got proven wrong when Titanic's record breaking $2 billion worldwide box office gross was beaten by ......... Avatar.

James Cameron wins again!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

And yet we really do need to move to a better standard for films. Any time the cameras track during an interior shot, the backgrounds judder and look terrible.

Just, you know, not the soap opera standard. Please.

how about... 96 fps

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

punchymcpunch posted:

itd be like if you made a biopic about the bangles and everyone else looked normal but the bangles were walking like an egyptian in every scene

I would pay money to see this film.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Of course, Ol' George got proven wrong when Titanic's record breaking $2 billion worldwide box office gross was beaten by ......... Avatar.

James Cameron wins again!

Does this man know no depths?

Ghosts of the Abyss is so great though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2d50TIDH58

Shame Paxton won't be collaborating with JC anymore

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/nWSXqKo.mp4

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
eggs are nice, so :same:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

LotR reboot looks weird

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

punchymcpunch posted:

itd be like if you made a biopic about the bangles and everyone else looked normal but the bangles were walking like an egyptian in every scene

Cameron is actually pushing this technology because he is planning to make a Bangles movie and wants to be able to accurately replicate Susanna Hoffs's eyes.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

punchymcpunch posted:

how about... 96 fps

How about 165 fps? Make my monitor feel like it has actual work to do.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I've been on the internet for 25 years and BBSs before that and I've seen things and it still amazes me when I see things that creep me out.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/AshAgony/status/991560502810640385

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Karate Bastard posted:

Sorry for dragging this back up but that sounds awful. Do you have some links to that?

Protip: go to a hospital that does a lot of C-sections. Childbirth can go bad fast with no indication and you could find yourself suddenly needing a C-section to save your life and/or your child's life. You'll want the A team for that.

I apologize, I misremembered. The procedure is called a Symphysiotomy, and was done in lieu of c-section because there was less chance of the woman becoming sterile or needing to he sterilized after having multiple c-sections. Gotta keep pumping out those babies!

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 13:39 on May 2, 2018

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
I got so excited when I saw there were 100+ new posts here but I was bamboozled again! Just nerds talking about nerd stuff and some eggy boi. Sad!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

carpe diem

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Is this Loss?

Adbot