Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Epicurius posted:

I guess my big question with that plan is, if you do that, and you and i federate, do you control the new state or do I?

Have it work like Archon mode in Starcraft 2: You both control the new state. Simultaneously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I guess it depends on whether or not you see the federation as space NATO or space UN. It feels a lot more like space NATO right now, which honestly isn't a bad way to do it. Does need fleshing out though, certainty.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
"We are the materialists! We hate that our society has no robots!"

"We are the spiritualists! We hate that our society has robots!"

:shrug:
Might as well build some robots, I guess.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
The spiritualists are mad that your policy allows robots at all regardless of whether you're using them, if you'd rather have happy spiritualists you can disallow robots entirely to make them happy.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

VikingofRock posted:

I gene-modded my primary species after getting psyonics (in order to get rid of their "weak" modifier), and now they are no longer psyonic. Is there a way to get that back? It feels like a bug, so I'm fine with modding some file somewhere in the save or whatever.

Turn on debugtooltip in the console, open the species window and mouseover your species to get the ID. Then type add_trait_species # trait_psionic in the console, where # is the ID you found earlier.

Console is opened with ` or ~ (at least on a US keyboard).

http://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Console_commands#List_of_Traits_.28Species.29

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
You gotta be careful to make sure the template you're using has the traits like psionic and isn't a template based on their base form.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

GotLag posted:

Turn on debugtooltip in the console, open the species window and mouseover your species to get the ID. Then type add_trait_species # trait_psionic in the console, where # is the ID you found earlier.

Console is opened with ` or ~ (at least on a US keyboard).

http://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Console_commands#List_of_Traits_.28Species.29

Black Pants posted:

You gotta be careful to make sure the template you're using has the traits like psionic and isn't a template based on their base form.

Thanks both. Out of curiosity, will I still be able to earn achievements after messing around in the console?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

VikingofRock posted:

Thanks both. Out of curiosity, will I still be able to earn achievements after messing around in the console?

Almost certainly not. What would be the point of achievements if you could make most of them happen by jabbing a few lines into the console?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Epicurius posted:

That's pretty much what the Star Trek New Horizon mod does when you form the Federation. I guess my big question with that plan is, if you do that, and you and i federate, do you control the new state or do I?

You'd still control your own planets and expand your own space, just certain statewide bonuses would apply to all members, maybe even have shared unity and food outputs, but influence gets distributed among members or something.

It would make sense if joining a federation would raise the number of core sector planets so you essentially can become a "sector" of the bigger federation, you then need fewer governors and have more free leader slots for other stuff. There should always be the temptation to leave the federation once its bonuses stop being relevant, but maybe the federation should have some bonuses against a leaving member (like "intimate knowledge -20% evade" or something) to force them to rejoin at the cost of influence and opinion or some mechanism like that.

It should feel like the federation from Star Trek, but less stable.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Tomn posted:

Almost certainly not. What would be the point of achievements if you could make most of them happen by jabbing a few lines into the console?

What's the point of them anyway?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

VikingofRock posted:

Console is disabled on ironman mode, which is a requirement of getting achievements to begin with.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/991592929033629696?s=19

Wiz advertising the new Devouring Swarm Deliveroo service.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Aethernet posted:

S.S. Botany Bay? Seems legit, let's check it out!

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
That event chain has to end with xeno army tech on one of its branches, right?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Aethernet posted:

I'm excited by the implication of more visual anomaly representations.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
The big thing I hope from the pack is more long-term story events ala Worm. Stuff with consequences.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I'm sure that the Horizon Signal chain had one for the capsule with your DNA event?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Spanish Matlock posted:

That event chain has to end with xeno army tech on one of its branches, right?
I'm kind of surprised the game doesn't have more biological weapons. Planets already revert to uncolonised when they run out of pops, a missile class plague torpedo or a fleet transport that that drops plague bombs instead of armies seems like a natural progression.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Probably ties back to the same reasons the ability to destroy planets, or depopulate them during a war, wasn't possible prior to the changes that came in 2.0 - it messed with the ways territory and wars worked.

With that out of the way I imagine they're coming, the team just hasn't gotten back around to it yet.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Cloaked biowar cruisers plz

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Probably ties back to the same reasons the ability to destroy planets, or depopulate them during a war, wasn't possible prior to the changes that came in 2.0 - it messed with the ways territory and wars worked.

With that out of the way I imagine they're coming, the team just hasn't gotten back around to it yet.
I hope so. I know I won't be able to replicate SotS1 plague bomb runs but still, they were good times.

Also a use for gene clinics late game.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Aethernet posted:

Cloaked biowar cruisers plz

Genocidal space whales forever

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tomn posted:

Death to gas giants! :black101:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Tomn posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1317326847

This mod makes several space monsters into constantly spawning threats. Tiyanki are one of them. They aren't the most dangerous, mind you.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Bloodly posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1317326847

This mod makes several space monsters into constantly spawning threats. Tiyanki are one of them. They aren't the most dangerous, mind you.

Sorry.

Genocidal PSYCHIC space whales.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Splicer posted:

a missile class plague torpedo or a fleet transport that that drops plague bombs instead of armies seems like a natural progression.

Liir player spotted. Next you need a cloaking module that lets you slip invisible fleets through enemy chokepoint systems.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Cloaking as a tech that enables a class of "spec ops" ships that can move without being seen* and past closed borders is something I want to see in an eventual espionage expansion.

*subject to some kind of counter, maybe the ability to spend energy to sweep a system for suspected cloaked vessels?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I still want a midgame tech to weaponize asteroid fields in a way that your fleet can use them as creeping cover or you just throw a ton at a (fort?) planet. Basically Armageddon bombardment done cheap.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

GunnerJ posted:

Cloaking as a tech that enables a class of "spec ops" ships that can move without being seen* and past closed borders is something I want to see in an eventual espionage expansion.

*subject to some kind of counter, maybe the ability to spend energy to sweep a system for suspected cloaked vessels?

A high upkeep starbase building would be fine for detection.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I still want a midgame tech to weaponize asteroid fields in a way that your fleet can use them as creeping cover or you just throw a ton at a (fort?) planet. Basically Armageddon bombardment done cheap.

I want terraforming on a galactic scale. Make new suns and planets, turn suns into black holes, blanket my empire in a shroud of nebula dust. Construct and destroy hyperlanes. Create my own little L-system pockets to ride out the endgame crisis.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

wiegieman posted:

A high upkeep starbase building would be fine for detection.

Only if it shows up around the time jump drives become possible so chokepoints don't completely negate the purpose.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I switched to Liberation Wars policy as a "peaceful" Machine Intelligence, hoping to take a chunk out of my rear end in a top hat spiritualist neighbor and turn it into the beginning of a vassal empire, but the Ideology casus belli isn't triggering. Could it be related to the 4 ethics points mod I'm using (my leftover point after Machine Intelligence was spent on Materialist)?

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

toasterwarrior posted:

I switched to Liberation Wars policy as a "peaceful" Machine Intelligence, hoping to take a chunk out of my rear end in a top hat spiritualist neighbor and turn it into the beginning of a vassal empire, but the Ideology casus belli isn't triggering. Could it be related to the 4 ethics points mod I'm using (my leftover point after Machine Intelligence was spent on Materialist)?

Given that you can't have ethics as robots in the vanilla version of the game and consequently can't liberate, I'm guessing it's your mod.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Aethernet posted:

Given that you can't have ethics as robots in the vanilla version of the game and consequently can't liberate, I'm guessing it's your mod.

Figures. I saw some older posts on Reddit saying that robots can liberate and that they would end up with Despicable Neutrals, and a community rep saying that the bug was fixed in an upcoming patch, but I guess that functionality got stripped out a long time ago.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Anything like that would be good. I want more input during fights, like a "enter asteroid belt" or something where both fleets have a higher chance of damage to capital ships while corvettes are fine.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Soylent Pudding posted:

Liir player spotted. Next you need a cloaking module that lets you slip invisible fleets through enemy chokepoint systems.
Morrigi were my poison, as evidenced by my inability to stop building hangar cruisers and battleships no matter how bad they are.

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

Splicer posted:

I hope so. I know I won't be able to replicate SotS1 plague bomb runs but still, they were good times.

Also a use for gene clinics late game.

Abduct pops, spend science time developing pathogen, deploy pathogen. Pops on world carry plague and die slowly, victim can work on cures/vaccine using science. Depending on migration rules plague may jump across worlds, might even infect mutate to affect other species.

And of course there would be similar malware for machine pops.

You could almost build a whole expansion around this stuff.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Splicer posted:

Morrigi were my poison, as evidenced by my inability to stop building hangar cruisers and battleships no matter how bad they are.

Try cranking up the base and rotation speeds on strike craft. That helps them a lot.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

illectro posted:

Abduct pops, spend science time developing pathogen, deploy pathogen. Pops on world carry plague and die slowly, victim can work on cures/vaccine using science. Depending on migration rules plague may jump across worlds, might even infect mutate to affect other species.

And of course there would be similar malware for machine pops.

You could almost build a whole expansion around this stuff.

Yes yes yes!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

LaserShark posted:

"We are the materialists! We hate that our society has no robots!"

"We are the spiritualists! We hate that our society has robots!"

:shrug:
Might as well build some robots, I guess.

There is only one step left to do: Suppress that faction, activate resettlement if you can, disperse the unruly Spiritualists so they can't work together, wait until the faction is utterly crushed!