Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
So I confess the news that they're tacking on an extra episode to the season has me incredibly nervous about its survival, since this feels like a "make a series finale" move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I thought they'd already announced a renewal, but looking around I guess it was all in my head

I'd love another season, but at least if they are getting an extra episode to put a button on the series it's more than some other shows I've loved have gotten (RIP Pushing Daisies, you had seasons of plot ahead of you and had to sum up everything in five minutes tacked onto what you'd already filmed as just a season finale)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Love to watch this, a perfectly normal television episode on the network series which is definitely conventional and predictable

flatluigi posted:

I thought they'd already announced a renewal, but looking around I guess it was all in my head

I thought they had too? I... don't know why now that you mention it.

I thought they always had. In fact, I'm pretty sure they did.

Right?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

man despite having nothing but words, Oliver put on a pretty convincing show this episode.

i still can't believe it's https://youtube.com/watch?v=nhZXVa2VgXk

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So yea that's a totally naked Aubry Plaza on basic cable. Not complaining but I didn't realize FX could get away with that

And that was 100% not what I was expecting.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

twistedmentat posted:

So yea that's a totally naked Aubry Plaza on basic cable. Not complaining but I didn't realize FX could get away with that

And that was 100% not what I was expecting.

FX shows bare rear end all the time. No big deal.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
This show. This beautiful weird goddamn show.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
that was hosed up

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Skizzzer posted:

that was hosed up

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

That interrogation room is so goddamn twisted, I love the heavy surrealism in this show. That opening shot made me feel queasy until I wrapped my head around the proper orientation.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Skizzzer posted:

that was hosed up

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Chokes McGee posted:

Right?
Nope. In terms of ratings it's OK; it's just outside the top 25 shows on cable.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Love to watch this, a perfectly normal television episode on the network series which is definitely conventional and predictable

Right?

flatluigi posted:

I'd love another season, but at least if they are getting an extra episode to put a button on the series it's more than some other shows I've loved have gotten (RIP Pushing Daisies, you had seasons of plot ahead of you and had to sum up everything in five minutes tacked onto what you'd already filmed as just a season finale)

Have you seen or felt any brownish black goo anywhere recently?

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
This was one of the better episodes of TV I have seen in a while. I was thoroughly engrossed the whole time. I even watched the repeat right after, which I usually never do with any show.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Skizzzer posted:

that was hosed up

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Nick Rivers posted:

This was one of the better episodes of TV I have seen in a while.

This but for every episode of Legion

Skizzzer posted:

that was hosed up

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wafflecopper posted:

I need to get Joey Diaz grade high and rewatch this entire season

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gobbeldygook posted:

Nope. In terms of ratings it's OK; it's just outside the top 25 shows on cable.

god dammit you were supposed to roll with it

I hand tviv posting gold and they just throw it right back in my face smdh

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Jeezus that's cruel. I'm impressed, farouk.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

I need to get Joey Diaz grade high and rewatch this entire season

Diaz wins again. :smith:

double nine posted:

Jeezus that's cruel. I'm impressed, farouk.

Yeah. I was on board with "is a horrible manipulative villain" until this episode. Farouk's a goddamn inhuman monster and needs to be stopped by any means necessary.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I have to wonder what the point of that was, I know that Farouk has a very high opinion of himself but he more than anyone knows what David is capable of. Why make him your enemy if you don't have to?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I donno, "I will not be bound by your morality or demands, and gently caress you for even thinking we are equals"?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oasx posted:

I have to wonder what the point of that was, I know that Farouk has a very high opinion of himself but he more than anyone knows what David is capable of. Why make him your enemy if you don't have to?

See... this is why you'll never rise above Shadow Prince.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Oasx posted:

does the Sun have enemies?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

qbert posted:

FX shows bare rear end all the time. No big deal.

I am pretty sure I saw boobs. I had to think if this was FX or Stars or something like that.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

:same: except caveman dong.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

I am pretty sure I saw boobs. I had to think if this was FX or Stars or something like that.

Somebody doesn't watch The Americans.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish i could watch this show again, but i got a dang ol :filez: C&D over torrenting the last season

it was great though

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Wafflecopper posted:

I think this episode is the beginning of tying all the weird poo poo from the season, and even last season, together. It’s all gonna start to make more sense in the grand scheme but we are still gonna be confused. This was an amazing episode.

And that Petty cover...

night slime
May 14, 2014

zeal posted:

i wish i could watch this show again, but i got a dang ol :filez: C&D over torrenting the last season

it was great though

https://www.amazon.com/Chapter-10/dp/B07BLL56YM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1525285902&sr=8-3&keywords=legion

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zeal posted:

it was great though

you dont torrent poo poo anymore you find a reliable wordpress style site (there are dozens of them DOZENS!!!) that lists the episodes of new shows that came out that day as individual blog posts, and each "blog post" is a bunch of people replying with sendshare, and myfilesite, and filezhound/etc links. So from there you can pick a link that will either stream the video to you, or let you save the .mp4 file.

The downside is that you gotta be pretty on-the-ball about saving the files within a week or so of the episode airing because links get DMCA'd pretty fast after a short window. For example I screwed the pooch on Ash vs. Evil Dead s3 so I'll probably just have to torrent the whole thing at once or else sift through a dozen THIS FILE IS UNAVAILABLE before I find a s03e01 that is still working at this point.

But it works p well if you're like me and watch things the same night they air.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
season one is all on hulu last i checked and if you or a friend's got cable you can watch all of season 2 on the FX website: http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/legion

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Oasx posted:

With the caveat that the season has been very confusing so far, I haven't paid a lot of attention and as a result I'm probably completely wrong: Farouk took a sample of Lenny's corpse and used that to remake David's sister's living body as Lenny's own, complete with Lenny's consciousness. He intends to do the same thing with his own corpse and David's body; and this was proof of concept, foreshadowing and a way of getting David out into the open and available for attack, all at once.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

“saw Aubrey plaza naked” was not something I expected to do this season and they somehow made me wish I hadn’t :smith:

Serf
May 5, 2011

boy that was a loving great episode. the sheer malice and dread the show is able to evoke is amazing

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

“saw Aubrey plaza naked” was not something I expected to do this season and they somehow made me wish I hadn’t :smith:

Last year it was the same with the lap dance

Apparently that Petty cover was done by the series composer and Hawley himself.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Chokes McGee posted:

hard to take any pleasure in it after seeing what made it happen. that being said, there was indeed some side boob up in there.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Oasx posted:

that's why Oliver gave him that hint

Hubris. Farouk was humiliated by Legion both in mental domain and in direct battle (end of season 1), so this is a convenient retribution/trap combo for him to get back at David, not realizing he is going to gently caress with someone waaaaaaaay above his own league - if Xavier owned his rear end, David can do so a billion times

HOWEVER, after Jon Hamm's "apparently on Legion" beginning, Ptonomy's rant about time and the promo for the next episode*, if this is going where I am guessing it is, Hawley is one loving ballsy lunatic and I am seriously hoping the series can deliver on that: the David we have seen thus far has a delusion or caused a delusion on others (Fukuyama? The droids?) that is warping an entire timeline of reality, complete with "glitches" like the cow from the other episode, meaning once poo poo goes down enough, another David might step in to fix stuff and we finally get into proper Legion territory

and I love the irony of me making this post after this episode's "Jon Hamm narrates", goddamn what a show

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I think Fukuyama is the delusion, or part of it. I don't think there really is any such person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Avenegers spoilers

I know its coincidence but I would love for the way the bodies ash away in Avenegers 3 and how they ash away in Legion to be somehow connected.