Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

It was discussed literally like 6 posts ago. Try to keep up, Silly!

drat, I actually like Matt Schaub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

That was the first thing I thought about when someone mentioned him possibly getting injured.

Drew Brees is loving immortal, boys :cry:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

ozymandius1024 posted:

That was the first thing I thought about when someone mentioned him possibly getting injured.

Drew Brees is loving immortal, boys :cry:

Father time remains undefeated, friend.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Saints just signed their future QB, one JT Barrett.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Saints just signed their future QB, one JT Barrett.

The last Saints JT Quarterback didn't work so well.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Silly Burrito posted:

The last Saints JT Quarterback didn't work so well.

This one won't either

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

NFCS Wins Over/Under:

New Orleans - 9.5
Atlanta - 9
Carolina - 9
Tampa Bay - 6.5

Go Bucs!

I'm gonna double down!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the bucs are rear end, my dude

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

the bucs are rear end, my dude

For as much as you’ve spouted this this offseason I want so much for them to be good so I can go back and quote every one of them

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

For as much as you’ve spouted this this offseason I want so much for them to be good so I can go back and quote every one of them

He thinks the Panthers are rear end too if it's any consolation.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

It is.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
IDK about the Falcons this year. It seems like they're going to be relying on the linebackers to shore up the middle of the field when the whole defensive scheme is based around the linebackers being side-line to side-line.

I hope it works out, clearly they know more about their personnel than I do.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

The panthers have the potential to blow up or implode every single year and it usually varies on a p regular basis.

:eng101:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

WampaLord posted:

The panthers have the potential to blow up or implode every single year and it usually varies on a p regular basis.

:eng101:

Every. Single. loving. Year

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Panthers defense is going to loving collllaaaaaaapse this year

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

The Panthers defense is going to loving collllaaaaaaapse this year

Yeah, they've definitely got the recipe for disaster there and there isn't a lot of wiggle room.

Julius Peppers owns, but is ancient
Luke Kuechly is always a risk for a concussion, and if #59 goes down they're hosed
The safeties...... :barf:
Thomas Davis is suspended for the first 4 games (and is probably going to continue declining when he gets back)
Despite having 50 sacks last year, it doesn't seem like they've got good depth on the edges past Peppers and Addison

I'm always positive about the team, but I can see where you're coming from. Hopefully Cam can just light it the gently caress up without Shula calling the plays and lower the impact of the defense declining.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

Yeah, they've definitely got the recipe for disaster there and there isn't a lot of wiggle room.

Julius Peppers owns, but is ancient
Luke Kuechly is always a risk for a concussion, and if #59 goes down they're hosed
The safeties...... :barf:
Thomas Davis is suspended for the first 4 games (and is probably going to continue declining when he gets back)
Despite having 50 sacks last year, it doesn't seem like they've got good depth on the edges past Peppers and Addison

I'm always positive about the team, but I can see where you're coming from. Hopefully Cam can just light it the gently caress up without Shula calling the plays and lower the impact of the defense declining.

Keep in mind the offense is banking on a rookie WR and a WR playing running back to stay on the field.

Once the offense collapses, the defense will be right behind.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Keep in mind the offense is banking on a rookie WR and a WR playing running back to stay on the field.

Once the offense collapses, the defense will be right behind.

And replacing the production of an all-pro LG too. Matt Kalil is going to get loving destroyed.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Keep going, the rest of us are almost there

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Who are we kidding? None of us know what the hell will happen. But 3/4 of us won't like it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Who are we kidding? None of us know what the hell will happen. But 3/4 of us won't like it.

Odds are 4/4 of us won't like it :smith:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Odds are 4/4 of us won't like it :smith:

Last season was awesome.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Last season was awesome.

Last season was a grind man, at least from my perspective. It was such an up and down and all around frustrating season from a Falcon perspective. From an NFCS perspective, last season was pretty rad I agree.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Last season was a grind man, at least from my perspective. It was such an up and down and all around frustrating season from a Falcon perspective. From an NFCS perspective, last season was pretty rad I agree.

From a Saints fan perspective it was awesome, even with the way it ended. We broke the 7-9 curse, knocked it out the park with the draft, won the division, booted the Panthers from the playoffs, and didn’t have to watch some other NFCS team play for the Super Bowl

A+, would do again.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

From a Saints fan perspective it was awesome, even with the way it ended. We broke the 7-9 curse, knocked it out the park with the draft, won the division, booted the Panthers from the playoffs, and didn’t have to watch some other NFCS team play for the Super Bowl

A+, would do again.

Yeah, y'all took a huge step in 1 offseason so that's always super fun to watch from a fan perspective. You all had a great run for sure. It was going to be painful to watch you in the NFCCG after the way Atlanta botched the Eagles game but then destiny happened and all was right with the world!

I have no clue how this year is going to play out...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yeah, y'all took a huge step in 1 offseason so that's always super fun to watch from a fan perspective. You all had a great run for sure. It was going to be painful to watch you in the NFCCG after the way Atlanta botched the Eagles game but then destiny happened and all was right with the world!

I have no clue how this year is going to play out...

Picture Drew Brees hoisting championship trophies in both Mercedes-Benz stadiums. :D

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Last season was awesome.

I couldn't agree more. If the Falcons couldn't make it to the promised land, at least the Saints didn't either.

stefondiggs.gif on loop forever.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Picture Drew Brees hoisting championship trophies in both Mercedes-Benz stadiums. :D

Gonna have to be art because ain't no way that's happening otherwise, friend!

(please don't happen :ohdear: )

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Last season was trash until the last game. That poo poo owned hard.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers could just as easily juice a 12 sack season out of peppers and get the rotation with addison working as expected. Luke could be fine and shaq might not actually be retarded.

Moore could be as advertised (kelvin was targeted over 100 times as a rook) and cmac could improve as a sophomore.

I'm expecting an up and down 9 wins but with this stupid team who knows.

I still hate our offensive line on the left side and Ryan kalil might be shot.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 3, 2018

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Panthers go as Cam goes mentally.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I prefer to think that the up-and-down nature of the Panthers was tied directly to Jerry Richardson and now we'll be able to have two good seasons in a row.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
30 million a year for Matt Ryan.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/992131254094123009?s=19

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Please stay healthy matt

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I'm just glad that in the Cam era, win or lose, the Panthers will probably be fun to watch

Because I watched almost every loving game of the Fox/Henning era and if it goes back to that I'd just be like gently caress this I"m an adult I don't need to watch boring football, haha

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Matt Ryan is a mediocre QB with the best talent any QB of the last decade could have ever asked for.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

three posted:

Matt Ryan is a mediocre QB with the best talent any QB of the last decade could have ever asked for.

This is an awful opinion, but not surprising based on the source...

Glad negotiations are over. Happy to have my franchise QB locked in through his prime!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is an awful opinion, but not surprising based on the source...

Glad negotiations are over. Happy to have my franchise QB locked in through his prime!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Maybe. That will be their best chance by far. Still...worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Maybe. That will be their best chance by far. Still...worth.

Yeah it probably is worth it for them but what kind of rivals would we be if I did not talk poo poo about it?

• Locked thread