Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Zuul the Cat posted:

Does anyone happen to have scans of the different color schemes for the Freeguild states? The ones from the old Empire codices? All the ones I find online are tiny pictures.

I've got a PDF, but no PM - can you post your email address real quick and I'll send you a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

I've got a PDF, but no PM - can you post your email address real quick and I'll send you a link?

SPQRDanny @ google mail dot com.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Zuul the Cat posted:

Email address
Sent - coming from portablezombie. It should be what you're looking for.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thanks! This helps. I'm starting up a Freeguild army. I saw a friend of mine play them, and their bonuses are brutal. I eventually want to work to a 2,000 point list of two great companies.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Bought the deepkin book. Guess I am all in on aos :negative:

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
Fish friends forever!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
There's a cool warscroll with treant dudes alongside fishboys. I've always wanted some of those trees so I might make that my first goal as far as what I buy.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
Any rumors if/when non-pestilens skaven might get a battletome or at least more support? Got a bunch of rats sitting and waiting, once I finish my stormcast painting, so about the time the sun goes out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Desiden posted:

Any rumors if/when non-pestilens skaven might get a battletome or at least more support? Got a bunch of rats sitting and waiting, once I finish my stormcast painting, so about the time the sun goes out.

I hope we get a battletome skaven soon.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah, playing Vermintide has made me want to get more Skaven in my life. Painting the Shadespire Skaven was nice but I hunger for more.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Desiden posted:

It'll happen right after Order gets another few dozen battletomes.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

Floppychop posted:

That's pretty necessary for the game though. How can it be a fantasy wargame without at least 4 kinds of elves and 3 kinds of dwarves, all on the same side?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Floppychop posted:

Hey now man Chaos already got their battletome release for the year, dont get greedy.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
Lotann done.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

AnEdgelord posted:

Hey now man Chaos already got their battletome release for the year, dont get greedy.

Apparently it is Death and then destruction next.

Nighthaunt and then Moonclan

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

TerraGoetia posted:

Lotann done.

That is one slick fishdude, love combat octopus

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

So as much as I wanna keep up with Shadespire, my schedule just does not allow for it at all. I've got the core set and the first two expansion (Skeletons and Orcs). It's been played a grand total of like 3 times. Minis are cleaned and assembled but otherwise untouched. Looking to ship it to someone in the US for 90. PM me if you're interested.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Gavriel Sureheart's warscroll (https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/aos-warscroll-Gavriel-Sureheart-en.pdf) doesn't have the Hammers of Sigmar tag on it, although it has a special rule that says he can be taken in the Lords of the Storm battalion. I assume it's fine to run him at his 100 pts cost without being a Hammer of Sigmar...

?

The named special characters in the Stormcast seem to work differently from named special characters in 40k.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

S.J. posted:

So as much as I wanna keep up with Shadespire, my schedule just does not allow for it at all. I've got the core set and the first two expansion (Skeletons and Orcs). It's been played a grand total of like 3 times. Minis are cleaned and assembled but otherwise untouched. Looking to ship it to someone in the US for 90. PM me if you're interested.

Is there any value (like in X-wing) in owning more than one core set?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

GreenMarine posted:

Not having to resleeve cards for multiple decks, converting models, additional boards to use for multiplayer games, and I guess extra dice but I don't know if there's anything you'd need that many dice for at once.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I've never seen more than 5 attack and three defence dice required.

I only bought the skeleton dice set because they were really cool.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

GreenMarine posted:

Gavriel Sureheart's warscroll (https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/aos-warscroll-Gavriel-Sureheart-en.pdf) doesn't have the Hammers of Sigmar tag on it, although it has a special rule that says he can be taken in the Lords of the Storm battalion. I assume it's fine to run him at his 100 pts cost without being a Hammer of Sigmar...

?

The named special characters in the Stormcast seem to work differently from named special characters in 40k.

Named dudes can be taken as any of their battletomes subfactions iirc. I know for the skydwarves their named guy has 'of Bharak-Nar' (the main kharadron subfaction) in his name and he can be taken as any of the skyports

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Same. I'm sitting on a full force of Skaven but I haven't been motivated to play AoS with them because the rules are pretty mediocre and I was never really big on Pestilens.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

GreenMarine posted:

You can't use more than one of any card in your deck, so, other than in the situations S.J. mentioned, no.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Age of Sigmar is slowly grinding into a game people would want to play (via rules updates and such) but they really need to get the scraps of Warhammer Fantasy rounded up and given decent stuff to play with. 40k, by contrast, is rapidly updating into 8e with stuff that's interesting and makes you want to pick up a new army. There needs to be a pretty big shift cos right now AoS' niche is filled by 40k already.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
If the new starter is AoS 2nd edition and it doesn't suck, I may get it. But I don't particularly want Sigmarines or Blood Blooders.

Sky Dwarves or Nurgle or Death I would get. I think a new Death/Sigmarine starter would be great, particularly if there were someone willing to trade sigmarines for more death.

But the AoS rules are only starting to not suck because of the bolt ons. Going back and changing the 4 page rules pamphlet (which they've always had the ability to do and is a real simple fix) is the best solution, because the things that are RAW in it, like using geometry in moving the models because you measure from a 3D model, not the base, are really loving stupid.

Thundercloud fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 3, 2018

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

The Deleter posted:

Age of Sigmar is slowly grinding into a game people would want to play (via rules updates and such) but they really need to get the scraps of Warhammer Fantasy rounded up and given decent stuff to play with. 40k, by contrast, is rapidly updating into 8e with stuff that's interesting and makes you want to pick up a new army. There needs to be a pretty big shift cos right now AoS' niche is filled by 40k already.

A good chunk of the 40K Codexes have been a bit blah and boring, especially compared to others. Tau, Thousand Sons (hope you like Tzaangors), GK, Khorne Daemons aren’t that exciting or fun or riddled with new ideas unlike say Dark Eldar, Necrons, the forthcoming Deathwatch etc. Some of the Codexes the designers have had more fun with. Thousand Sons needed another pass to allow for some more screwier psychic spells and interactions.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

The Deleter posted:

The first. If you are not infinitely delicate and careful with them the wingtips will break or the whole wing will shear off. It's awful. The units themselves are fine but they aren't worth the effort.

You weren't kidding. My start collecting boxes arrived and it looks like the wings got caught up on other sprue and ripped themselves to pieces. I've got broken bits, I've got bent bits, its a clusterfuck. Hopefully GW takes care of this, but I'm not sure how they are going to since it is on both sprue.

Update: Yay a free box of Retributors to replace the broken wings.

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 3, 2018

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Milotic posted:

A good chunk of the 40K Codexes have been a bit blah and boring, especially compared to others. Tau, Thousand Sons (hope you like Tzaangors), GK, Khorne Daemons aren’t that exciting or fun or riddled with new ideas unlike say Dark Eldar, Necrons, the forthcoming Deathwatch etc. Some of the Codexes the designers have had more fun with. Thousand Sons needed another pass to allow for some more screwier psychic spells and interactions.

Honestly I think the Thousand Sons psychic powers and artifacts are fine, and Tzaangors are actually pretty fun. Just wish they’d added more options to build up Exalted Sorcerers into something more unique, like purchasable cult bonuses so you could build up your own Ahriman-style Sorcerer Lord. That and a unique Strategem for Rubrics.

Really though the annoying thing is that the writers were very clearly approaching this from a “make nothing new and add nothing that isn’t represented on the models” perspective. Meant we were never gonna get rules for the Black Library novel cults, or psychic dreadnaughts etc. It just lacked ambition.

Whereas they seem quite happy to get crazy and experimental with Age of Sigmar Battletomes. Do hope they do a few Legions of Nagash style tones for the other factions as well as new stuff. Personally I’d like to see Flesheaters get a redone post Matched Play Battletome too but that’s probably too much to hope for.

Hidingo Kojimba fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 3, 2018

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
40k gets tons of book releases because thats all 95% of their armies are getting. aos got snake ladies and fish elfs which are brand new models and probably jamming up the rest of gws production pipeline

im actually having trouble coming up with new 40k models outside of bigmars and those scifi sigmarines riding flying dildos

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

40k gets tons of book releases because thats all 95% of their armies are getting. aos got snake ladies and fish elfs which are brand new models and probably jamming up the rest of gws production pipeline

im actually having trouble coming up with new 40k models outside of bigmars and those scifi sigmarines riding flying dildos

Death Guard but that was a while ago

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
That Eldar gate is new. Getting the feeling 40k will get some new releases once the glut of Codex updates is done by the end of the year.

Trip report! Took the Daughters for a spin with some Phishelf allies against a monster heavy Chaos/Skaven soup.

-Bloodwrack murdered 45~ Skaven with her bloodgaze thing. Really wanna grab a Shrine for her now. Pit of Shades kept whiffing but would be hilarious against Nurgle.

-Nemarti Thralls are hilarious. Got charged by Skarbrand and a Lord of Change. Proceeded to murder the chicken and knock a fair few wounds off of Skarbrand before being minced in turn. Deffo a good basic frontline troop.

-Blood Sisters are the superior snek-elf and I don't know why people love the arrow ones so much. Spear Harpies on the otherhand are very good. Fire and move led a bunch of Warriors around the board all game.

-Sisters of Slaughter > Witch Aelves every time. Only downside is transporting those loving whips.

-Cauldron of Blood is vital for how many buffs it throws out and I'm so glad the store had one in stock behind a million Dorf Boats. Bashed it together quick and blue-tacked the Avatar onto it's own base to make up the points.

-Speaking of, Avatar's a good distraction, hits hard enough to not be a total waste, not degrading helps a lot. Got lucky with the babysitting rolls early game.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

SteelMentor posted:

-Sisters of Slaughter > Witch Aelves every time. Only downside is transporting those loving whips.

Could you elaborate on this? Now that Wych Elves can either get bonus attacks or a shield, what do SoS do better?

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 4, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I like the Witch Elves more.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

dexefiend posted:

Could you elaborate on this? Now that Wych Elves can either get bonus attacks or a shield, what do SoS do better?

Extra range from the whip lets your back row of girls get their attacks in, they functionally have the same amount of attacks with whip/knife as Witches have with double knives (minus the one for being next to a character tho). 6 inch pile in is so handy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SteelMentor posted:

Extra range from the whip lets your back row of girls get their attacks in, they functionally have the same amount of attacks with whip/knife as Witches have with double knives (minus the one for being next to a character tho). 6 inch pile in is so handy.

I feel that Witchs still work better. Namely if you are using a heavy on hero lists.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
New story

https://malignportents.com/story/wyrmstar/

So stupidly good. I hope people are devouring this stuff like I am.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Milotic posted:

New story

https://malignportents.com/story/wyrmstar/

So stupidly good. I hope people are devouring this stuff like I am.

Holy crap that's good.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Warhammer: Legends page is up, looks like the old compendium list with some upgrades and modifications so you can run old WHFB style lists without keyword shenanigans getting in the way. Manflayers are disappointing tho, Shades with some tweaks.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/legends/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So is anyone else finding Nurgle basically unbeatable?

Rotigus, GUO, walls of plague bearers and drones sitting back, slowing you down and manipulating the dial to just slam everything on the table with mortal wounds. The guy running this list has basically tabled everything anyone has tried against it. It literally has no noticeable weaknesses.

• Locked thread