Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I thought the idea was that the Legion would allow him to retire from being a superhero.

That was the point of Ultron, and Tony notes that it was meant for two purposes: to let the Avengers in general retire, and to fight Thanos. Tony's known ever since Avengers that the aliens would be back and for reals, and his mania ever since has
been primarily driven by that specific fear.

Infinity War is what Tony's been dreading for the better part of a decade and desperately trying to prepare for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Covok posted:

I don't think Whedon made Avengers Infinity War...

It was done by the Russo twins.

Not talking about Infinity War. Talking about Ultron.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cythereal posted:

Infinity War is what Tony's been dreading for the better part of a decade and desperately trying to prepare for.

Which is why I feel like the film needed maybe another full 30 minutes of Tony Time, some of it before/during poo poo Getting Real and some of it after.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

it also makes no sense to anyone who’s been paying attention.

No sweetie, just you

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

And that same logic applies to every film. Iron Man 2 was infamously changed to make Stark and his corporation ‘more likeable’.
Really? Because it was loving chilling as it was.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Snuffing half the MCU simplifies the roster so we can spend more time with fewer people next film.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Halloween Jack posted:

Really? Because it was loving chilling as it was.

Well yeah; that’s why Iron Man 2 is one of the two only good movies in the series. The narrative survived their attempts to eradicate it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

mutata posted:

Snuffing half the MCU simplifies the roster so we can spend more time with fewer people next film.

Even better idea: Establish West Coast Avengers, introduce Power Man and Moon Knight.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Well yeah; that’s why Iron Man 2 is one of the two only good movies in the series. The narrative survived their attempts to eradicate it.

I too watch 32-movie series that I hate.

I think Land Before Time 1, 7, and 58 were the only good ones but I sure did watch the other 83 movies because I am very smart

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Cythereal posted:

That was the point of Ultron, and Tony notes that it was meant for two purposes: to let the Avengers in general retire, and to fight Thanos. Tony's known ever since Avengers that the aliens would be back and for reals, and his mania ever since has

Which is why Thanos had respect for Tony, he is currently going through exactly what Thanos went through.

MixMastaTJ
Dec 14, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

Even better idea: Establish West Coast Avengers, introduce Power Man and Moon Knight.

It seems like the movies want nothing to do with the Netflix entries so I am doubtful on Power Man showing up.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The craziest part of infinity war is it takes place in less than 1 day, just lmao at how fast Thanos pulled all of that off.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

smoobles posted:

The craziest part of infinity war is it takes place in less than 1 day, just lmao at how fast Thanos pulled all of that off.

Does it? Do we know that? I feel like there’s some travel time wiggle room there but I could be wrong.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Thanos literally starts teleporting everywhere after getting the space stone from Loki

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Covok posted:

"Well, I am no longer a 'God of Hammers.' I now know the power was within me all-along."

Has to get a hammer to kill Thanos.

When Thor was lying powerlessly on the deck of the ship at the beginning after getting beaten up by Thanos, I was seriously screaming in my head "What are you, the god of hammers?"

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

Thanos literally starts teleporting everywhere after getting the space stone from Loki

Yeah exactly. I think you can measure the timeframe of the movie by his scenes, roughly. He's hopping all over the place and getting poo poo done.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
He didn’t get a hammer he got an axe. :colbert:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Also near the end Thanos says something like "This day has taken a heavy toll" so I think the entire events of the movie are within 24 hours, unless the Hulk getting rainbowed to Earth took a lot of time while Thanos patiently waited at Knowhere.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

MixMastaTJ posted:

It seems like the movies want nothing to do with the Netflix entries so I am doubtful on Power Man showing up.
I was distracted when I wrote that. I meant Wonder Man.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
My theory for how the sequel to this movie will resolve things- They'll bring in Squirrel Girl and have her defeat Thanos!

[Ach checks YouTube and sees a mid-credits scene of Infinity War where a bunch of squirrels are standing around blinking in a park for some reason.]

Oh crud, looks like the finger snap disintegrated her off camera. Now I'm out of ideas! :(

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

THAT'S NOT A BALD SPOT!! that's just where my cat was eating my dandruff

Wingnut Ninja posted:

When Thor was lying powerlessly on the deck of the ship at the beginning after getting beaten up by Thanos, I was seriously screaming in my head "What are you, the god of hammers?"

They're in an enclosed ship surrounded by innocent civilians, I dunno that he can just go popping off chain lightning poo poo all over in a situation like that, plus it's so immediately following Ragnarok he's probably still fairly burnt out from the Hell fight

I thought this movie actually did pretty alright by Ragnarok aside from walking back his eye already and with the caveat that Valkyrie and Korg better come crashing in with the surviving refugees at some point in Avengers 4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack posted:

Man hell yes gimme the Moon Knight movie

Let Dwayne Johnson play him.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would also accept Nicholas Cage, I don't care if he's already Ghost Rider. He can do both.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I would've said Colin Farrell or Karl Urban.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm pretty sure Moon Knight's actor needs to be Jewish.

Because he's Jewish.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 3, 2018

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I felt silly saying that it would be racist for The Rock to play a Jewish guy.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I feel like Moon Knight would be the perfect oppurtunity to cast a Muslim superhero.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
People might take it the wrong way if you depict a guy as Muslim, and then in a later scene he's communing with an ancient pagan death god.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I wasnt suggesting a faithful comic book adaptation of someone who is basically a batman ripoff

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Halloween Jack posted:

People might take it the wrong way if you depict a guy as Muslim, and then in a later scene he's communing with an ancient pagan death god.

also, like

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Does it really need saying?

but it also makes no sense to anyone who’s been paying attention

Made plenty of sense to me. What have you been wa--

Stop chewing on the lead paint, please.

Cythereal posted:

Yep. He says literally this on Titan, saying he's been haunted by nightmares for six years after going through the wormhole and seeing the future via Wanda's magic.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

smoobles posted:

Also near the end Thanos says something like "This day has taken a heavy toll" so I think the entire events of the movie are within 24 hours, unless the Hulk getting rainbowed to Earth took a lot of time while Thanos patiently waited at Knowhere.

Having the space stone makes travel time basically nonexistent for him so yea, I think it does all happen in a really short timeframe.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Anyone else disappointed by Cap's new shields like I was?

Man, what a letdown.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

enraged_camel posted:

Anyone else disappointed by Cap's new shields like I was?

Man, what a letdown.

Its so Cap classic is even cooler by comparison in A4

but yeah

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Halloween Jack posted:

I would've said Colin Farrell or Karl Urban.

Karl Urban is already dead in the mcu :rip:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Not exactly disappointed in Cap's shield since the concept seems to be attack shield. He was basically a Protoss Zealot...the Wakandans were Protoss being attacked by the Black Order Zerg.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WampaLord posted:

Having the space stone makes travel time basically nonexistent for him so yea, I think it does all happen in a really short timeframe.

Those circle ships are loving fast then

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Those circle ships are loving fast then

Thats how they roll

you hatin'

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
I just gotta say Alan Silvestri has composed one of the best soundtracks in while. 10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell yeah. My boy’s back.