Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Why is it more of a chore? I know my exact route. The guess work is taken out of it. I do less than in a hodge podge guild. The only person who does slightly more work is the guild leader, which isn't me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
As someone who was in a high up alliance (we were 6th at one point)...

Nah. At that point you don't need to do any of that because everyone is strong enough to just get it done no matter what. No high up alliance would need to do that.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It is somewhat important if you've got a mix of people. You'd want the weaker guys to hit the weaker nodes then have your heavy hitters come in. It definitely makes sense to organize it but gently caress it's a lot of effort. I just make sure I'm active cause I want them sweet, sweet higher rewards.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

New Leaf posted:

I'm not on the same team, but in Catman's Shameful Secret we ran into a raid node node that somehow got cut off from access to anyone that prevented a 100%. It was frustrating as hell.

It was only the once so far. I think a few of us are in very different timezones or daily schedules than the rest of us, so they're always asleep when we need them or being clutch at 3am my time. I really don't think any sort of organization is going to happen unless more people start joining the discord, though.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I was playing in my guilds raid on my phone while walking my dog.

I get an easy node to do and send in my C team who are wrecking face. It comes to the last guy and...the game glitches.

All enemies gone, my team wait there. I can't do anything. The quit button does nothing.

I have to close the app. When I log back in all my guys are dead, the node is untouched. And I am scored at 0 points.

That was pretty drat frustrating

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So I just started playing this 2 days ago, and have hit level 30. Planning on playing this poo poo out of this every day, but not whaling (I bought the Daredevil package, nothing else yet).

Is there a guild open that is a bit stricter than casual, but is willing to take a lvl 30 player who's just now getting the correct strategy going?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Let's make this game more of a chore, sounds awesome

eh, if you wanna be a casual then be a casual.

You do you, ad infinitum.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Literally what is there to gain dick waving about being a hardcore cellphone superhero videogame player

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

HebrewMagic posted:

Literally what is there to gain dick waving about being a hardcore cellphone superhero videogame player

Additional cellphone superheroes.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH posted:

So I just started playing this 2 days ago, and have hit level 30. Planning on playing this poo poo out of this every day, but not whaling (I bought the Daredevil package, nothing else yet).

Is there a guild open that is a bit stricter than casual, but is willing to take a lvl 30 player who's just now getting the correct strategy going?

There's a Daredevil package? Man, that must be the worst of the possible newbie offers then.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Daredevil is really good though? But I'm also pretty sure I got him by linking a facebook profile to my account

Also they fixed the Thanos exploit and punished people who used it

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 3, 2018

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Daredevil was one of my heaviest hitters for a long time. Ended up replacing him when Gamora got up to speed. Green girl hits like a truck.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

CaptainPsyko posted:

Additional cellphone superheroes.

I literally want a mechanism where I give them money, and they give me more power to my superheroes, yet they can't grasp that

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It's another video game IP given to a company that's way too loving far in over their heads. I wouldn't be surprised if no one on their team had even played a mobile game before release.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

Daredevil is really good though? But I'm also pretty sure I got him by linking a facebook profile to my account

Yeah you get daredevil from linking to Facebook, not buying him. If you had bought him, that would have been sad cause the newbie packages are Cap(great), black widow(fuckin top tier hard to get and amazing), Thor(decent, handy for the blaster challenge and cosmic) and black panther(Basically impossible to get and I think he's good I think. Haven't seen him much).

Daredevil is really good early game but he will eventually fall into your b team most likely. The rest of them are a team material except maybe Thor and black panther. Thor because he's slow and black panther I have no idea. All I know is his ult gets stronger from him taking damage which seems like a risky mechanic.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Goon Squad has 1 slot.

We're all pushing over 50, we're T1ing 50 Ultimus and T2ing 35 Thanos.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Away all Goats posted:

Also they fixed the Thanos exploit and punished people who used it

Out of curiosity, what was the exploit?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

thrawn527 posted:

Out of curiosity, what was the exploit?

There was no cooldown for leaving or joining clans, so you could hop from clan to clan and get raid rewards to rack up Thanos shards and skill materials.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

There was no cooldown for leaving or joining clans, so you could hop from clan to clan and get raid rewards to rack up Thanos shards and skill materials.

Oh that's right.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If they didn't actual fix the underlying problem in any way and just think they are going to police 500k or more accounts, lol. Sure I can see the egregious instances being punished, but I bet you could get away with doing this one a day or every other day and going unnoticed, and still come out with a sizeable advantage.

I also got 10 robocop shards today, which was nice...

Zotix fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 3, 2018

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Just got a 50 bux BP offer... Comes with a gold orb and some gold. A little steep not sure if i should pull the trigger...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Discord is saying you can buy it multiple times, so here comes the 7* BP for $350. Get your arena squads ready.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I mean, if you're willing to drop 50 bucks, 350 is like, barely that much more. You should do it.

Edit, someone would a big enough wallet could theoretically get ultimus, right? Just keep buying it cause you get what, 12 ultimus shards for every shard of a dude at 7 stars?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Oh yeah. Ohtz of the beta server I think has him, and there's been this super whale that's recently shown up on the release server.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Zotix posted:

Discord is saying you can buy it multiple times, so here comes the 7* BP for $350. Get your arena squads ready.

You can't. I got an error when I tried to buy it a second time. When I restarted, the offer was gone.
I kinda already knew that from trying it earlier, but I always try.

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Yeah you get daredevil from linking to Facebook, not buying him. If you had bought him, that would have been sad cause the newbie packages are Cap(great), black widow(fuckin top tier hard to get and amazing), Thor(decent, handy for the blaster challenge and cosmic) and black panther(Basically impossible to get and I think he's good I think. Haven't seen him much).

Daredevil is really good early game but he will eventually fall into your b team most likely. The rest of them are a team material except maybe Thor and black panther. Thor because he's slow and black panther I have no idea. All I know is his ult gets stronger from him taking damage which seems like a risky mechanic.

Yep, My bad, I meant that I'd bought Cap. Still running Daredevil for now until I can get Gamora. Sad that I missed the black widow offer.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
50 bucks for black Panther? Holy poo poo they really don't know how to do this do they?

I can't wait for when they start dealing costumes for that cluster gently caress. Will I still play? gently caress yeah it's too entertaining.

Diabetic fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 4, 2018

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Nah they totally know what they're doing. They're making bank from people who will pay anything to unlock a character that can't be unlocked any other way. Its a lovely deal but hey thats mobile games for you.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

after hearing the amounts of money some of you weirdos spent on marvel heroes, i will never doubt the financial models of any of these games.

idiots are giving them money, i'm sure

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I read somewhere this game was just a reboot of another one, is that true? cause that’s even funnier.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Diabetic posted:

50 bucks for black Panther? Holy poo poo they really don't know how to do this do they?

I can't wait for when they start dealing costumes for that cluster gently caress. Will I still play? gently caress yeah it's too entertaining.

they know exactly what they're doing. They're building a F2P game on the backs of whales like every other garbage gacha game in the last decade.

Spigs
Jun 5, 2008
Applied to Groot Squad as Tyshalle

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Invalid Validation posted:

I read somewhere this game was just a reboot of another one, is that true? cause that’s even funnier.

It does feel like another Marvel game I played a year or two ago. Avengers Alliance or something?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Datasmurf posted:

It does feel like another Marvel game I played a year or two ago. Avengers Alliance or something?

MAA was actually very player friendly at the start. You had to use Command Points to purchase heroes and those would drop very consistently in boss fights, especially if you used multihit attacks. Eventually they patched it so CP wouldn't drop from enemies anymore but they added a roulette wheel which would occasionally reward random CP amounts after every fight.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Invalid Validation posted:

This game is nearly identical to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and every game mode is ripped straight out of that game.

I know all these gacha games are the same, but literally everything about this game is nearly identical to GOH except the combat animations.

-Blitz used to be in GOH, it was called tournaments and they stopped them because they loving sucked.
-Arena is the same thing except attacking doesn't lock you in this game.
-Starring up is the same, the gear screens and + poo poo is identical
-special events
-raiding is like GOH galactic war but it's multiplayer and you can pick tracks.

It's kind of gross, honestly, it's the same game with a different IP and they lengthened the time to max a character.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Its actually fun, though. And the writing is solid.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Who is Plague_151? Someone just apped GS with this name.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

RosaParksOfDip posted:

... black widow(fuckin top tier hard to get and amazing...

I feel bad for non beta player because she was farmable on Hero 1-9. If I would have known she was going to be hard to get by after, I would have farmed her for more than 4*

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I am getting my Team B and partial Team C up. Man healers are definitely the way to go for raids. A well placed heal and a slow/stun can keep you going onto the next stage most of the time.

Off topic a bit but it's Free Comic Book Day tomorrow May 5th so stand in those giant lines to get some comics. You can do your raid while standing in line!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Quake, Yondu, NN are basically required if you want to be able to do raids efficiently. I also use Cap and Gamora but those are a bit more flexible. Quake lets you get a lot more turns compared to the enemies and saving her ult for the right time makes difficult waves much easier, NN heals for the most by far, and Yondu's summons help a lot plus his buff stealing/dispelling and aoe are also really really good.

Everyone should be building Quake and Yondu anyway because of how good they are in every part of the game. My NN is only 3* with skills at 4/4/4/2 and she does fine even in the later nodes of the 50 ultimus raid, she is gear 8 with the health item too though to make her tankier (and her heals scale based on her HP).

• Locked thread