Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Random ticket got me Lancelot. :toot:

If only I had anyone who could generate crit stars better than Cursed Arm. Jack can't get a banner soon enough.

I also ended up with enough copies of His Rightful Place to max out three of them, if only I had enough CE to burn for xp...

ChronoReverse posted:

Hmm, looks like a newbie's limit is the EX missions. Even with a powerful friend support it's just too much. No maxed out Irisviel for me.

Would it be a good idea to farm medals for the remainder of the event to get those exp cards and stuff?

You might be able to do it still! I started a new account right before the event and have been able to finish it.

If not, you might as well get the 4* XP cards but probably don't need to bother with the 3* ones unless you've gotten most of the other important stuff (like materials for any 4/5* servants you have to ascend and level their skills a bit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Marogareh posted:

I have Herc with his bond CE, Jeanne with prisma cosmos and a level 98 Nero with maxed first and second skill if you want to check if you can solo with any of them. just make sure to put them in the last slot. Let me know who you are so I can pick you.

And yes you should get those other items if you're stuck.
Many thanks, I'll give it another try when my stamina fills. I'm Smash SA.

Also OMG, I didn't even know you could adjust the position of supports, I just assumed you couldn't.

Cuntellectual posted:

You might be able to do it still! I started a new account right before the event and have been able to finish it.
I started a week ago lol but I'll level up my characters some more and give it another go.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 2, 2018

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

ChronoReverse posted:

Hmm, looks like a newbie's limit is the EX missions. Even with a powerful friend support it's just too much. No maxed out Irisviel for me.

Would it be a good idea to farm medals for the remainder of the event to get those exp cards and stuff?
What your current servant lineup?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Mash (L30), Cu Chulain (L40), Heracles (L40) mostly. Filled out by Irisviel and David but they're not leveled.

I'm severely underleveled so I suspect I should be getting those 4* exp cards instead.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

ChronoReverse posted:

Mash (L30), Cu Chulain (L40), Heracles (L40) mostly. Filled out by Irisviel and David but they're not leveled.

I'm severely underleveled so I suspect I should be getting those 4* exp cards instead.
You've still got over a week, so I think that's a good idea. Herc and Cu are good choices for leveling though since Cu has survivability and Herc is...well, Herc.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RanKizama posted:

You've still got over a week, so I think that's a good idea. Herc and Cu are good choices for leveling though since Cu has survivability and Herc is...well, Herc.

Well yeah Berserker is the strongest.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

ChronoReverse posted:

Cu, Herc, Mash and a support will be good enough to get you through EX, just focus on grinding XP cards and ascension materials for them until you're able to do them! All three of them are excellent characters and Mash has fantastic synergy with Herc (and any other berserkers but Herc is legitimately one of the best in the game)

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ChronoReverse posted:

Yeah, you definitely want to level that Herc - his survivability rises drastically as you get his skills. Events give way more exp cards and ascension materials than you'd be able to get normally, so farm as much as you can - that'll probably be more useful to you than a NP5 Irisviel that you don't even have the EXP to level.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As someone that recently started over, George is absolutely your best friend to take the brunt of attacks while your Support carries you.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I never knew how much I wanted Super Sentai Jack until now.

e: Obviously as a Rider.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 3, 2018

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
squirtoria dresses the same as shadow kamoshida

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
which map has the easiest shadow servant? I want to get this event over with so I can beat up hands and make Hans stronger

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

which map has the easiest shadow servant? I want to get this event over with so I can beat up hands and make Hans stronger

Fuyuki X-F

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Did a few random pulls to commemorate my 300th login.

Got iskandar. Wasn't really trying for him in any capacity. Guess the indifference system works well seeing as this is how I got Void Shiki as well.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

it counts outside of the fate/zero map?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Tired Moritz posted:

it counts outside of the fate/zero map?

Yep. Any event mission that doesn't require something that is only available in the event map can be obtained from anywhere in the game.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Be ready to make X-F your home when master missions pop up. drat near every master missions I've done had me going there.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm pretty sure he's talking about which event map has the easiest shadow servants for the sake of the kill X shadow servants event mission, not necessarily master missions.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

I max leveled a NP5 Gilles and did his strengthening quest so you don't have to.

Is he good now? Nope. Can he clear a wave of Hassan enemies at NP5 without any buffs? Nope. Did I get back the lanterns and hearts I spent on this creep? Nope.

Don't make my mistakes.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

It's okay, I did that for his Saber self.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Just pulled Waver from a summon ticket after my previous 30 roll two days ago was trash (though I did get an Imaginary Element then, so it wasn't all bad). So excite! Rate up is not a lie!

Also, hi, haven't posted much in this thread. I think I added a couple of you here, but now my Friend List has a slot open. For the record, my ID is 815,860,110. Add me if you want, I have Jeanne, Okita, Gil, Jackie, and pulled an Iskandar last week. Now just to level them up.

Wow, my gatcha luck hasn't been too bad, looking at it over time, but now pulling these two 5*s in a week from tickets will probably kill my luck for the foreseeable future, including in Love Live SIF.

Also, is it just me, or do we have way too much time to do this Fate Zero event? Sure, I blitzed through parts of it using apples, but now I've rounded up all the Iris with a week left to go, and the only missions open to me now are Ascending Iri again. Might as well go farming, I guess. Event was fun though.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

GhostStalker posted:

Just pulled Waver from a summon ticket after my previous 30 roll two days ago was trash (though I did get an Imaginary Element then, so it wasn't all bad). So excite! Rate up is not a lie!

Also, hi, haven't posted much in this thread yet. I think I added a couple of you there, but now my Friend List has a slot open. For the record, my ID is 815,860,110. Add me if you want, I have Jeanne, Okita, Gil, Jackie, and pulled an Iskandar last week. Now just to level them up.

Wow, my gatcha luck hasn't been too bad, looking at it over time, but now pulling these two 5*s in a week from tickets will probably kill my luck for the foreseeable future, including in Love Live SIF.

Also, is it just me, or do we have way too much time to do this Fate Zero event? Sure, I blitzed through parts of it using apples, but now I've rounded up all the Iris with a week left to go, and the only missions open to me now are Ascending Iri again. Might as well go farming, I guess. Event was fun though.

The F/Z event in JP had an extra week tacked on due to server troubles. Since NA is trying to follow the JP schedule as closely as possible, we're getting that too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In the meantime might as well make use of the incredibly good QP farm rates of the event.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Pureauthor posted:

In the meantime might as well make use of the incredibly good QP farm rates of the event.

Yeah, I spent like 30 million QP on skills and Ascensions during this event with all the mat drops I got and bought from the store. Level 10 skills are expensive as gently caress.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Argas posted:

The F/Z event in JP had an extra week tacked on due to server troubles. Since NA is trying to follow the JP schedule as closely as possible, we're getting that too.

Glad for that, even with skipping days at a time, I still managed to clear the entire shop with plenty of time to spare.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Dee Ehm posted:

I max leveled a NP5 Gilles and did his strengthening quest so you don't have to.

Is he good now? Nope. Can he clear a wave of Hassan enemies at NP5 without any buffs? Nope. Did I get back the lanterns and hearts I spent on this creep? Nope.

Don't make my mistakes.

Are any of these going to be for servants that people actually care about?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Largepotato posted:

Are any of these going to be for servants that people actually care about?

Medusa, Alexander and Lu Bu are all cool servants that people care about.

Mephistopheles 3rd skill could be used to cheese some very hard bosses later on, although I haven't tried him myself, maybe it won't work like that :shrug:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've read up on what makes Meph's 3rd skill useful on certain bosses and while I see the merit in doing it that way I think I'd rather save the hearts/lanterns/dust for servants who need them now and are useful more universally, and just tackle those bosses the "normal" way. I guess I'll see how things near stand at the end of the year with the totals on some of those mats before I power him up, basically.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Who cares whether the skill is useful, you max ascend him so you can run the rank up quest and get the quartz. That's all that matters.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
max ascend him because he's cute

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I mean, if you're starting him from scratch you'd have to spend a lot more quartz worth of AP grinding up the mats and XP to get there just to get one in return, it doesn't seem like that good of ROI unless you already just happened to have him FA by coincidence.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I spent 2 grails taking Nobu to 90 because she is good and fun. Same with Shiki. :colbert:

I'm keeping two more in reserve for Rider Kintoki as well. Every welfare I dig I'm gonna level to 90 because that's how I roll.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I mean, if you're starting him from scratch you'd have to spend a lot more quartz worth of AP grinding up the mats and XP to get there just to get one in return, it doesn't seem like that good of ROI unless you already just happened to have him FA by coincidence.

If you're converting quartz into AP then I think we're coming from fundamentally incompatible starting points.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Smh if you don't max ascend all your Servants and get all their skills to 9 eventually

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

If you're converting quartz into AP then I think we're coming from fundamentally incompatible starting points.
It's just a matter of putting the resources required into perspective, how much AP over how much time that would take to get there, and what that reward ultimately is getting you. A single lone quartz for all of that at best is one AP bar or 1/3 of a single summon and that's hardly enough for me at least.

E: Assuming you had to grind for all mats from zero, got nothing but 9 caster class cards from the 40AP ember dailies, didn't have to worry about any pieces/monuments, you would have to spend at least 17 days of doing nothing but said grinding to get Meph to 60 to unlock the Rank-Up and get that lone quartz. Granted the vast majority of that is because hearts are a laughable 600+AP per drop on the Caster training grounds but it still merits consideration. Obviously none of this matters if you like Meph as a character or like using him on a team in general; it's just if you're doing all of the above for a single quartz IMO your priorities are a bit skewed.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 3, 2018

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I mean its still free quartz.

Honestly I've been just max ascending everyone in JP because of it. Trying to max ascend everyone I have, though the exp is the biggest problem.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I will eventually max ascend my crew because I've been barely getting the ones I actually want.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Used the rest of my tickets and quartz I was going to save for xuanzhang because I'm bad with impulses.
Got Anne and Mary and Lancelot.

Its no Saber Alter but i'm happy with this.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My Mephisto is already Full Ascended. :smug:

(I liked him during the KnK event okay? He's also great during Salem)

Edit: For anyone who was having trouble with Darius, here's a video where he's taken down by 1-3* Servants:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tv6US5_pOs

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

:3: I got her from 2/2/2 to 10/10/10 just a little bit ago. She's the first 10/10/10, Jalter is next (5/7/10 currently)