Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

caligulamprey posted:

Same subject: WHERE IS MY RAVENOUS SOUNDTRACK?!

As someone who was tasked to acquire some publishing rights for a different Michael Nyman work, let me tell you it's like pulling teeth.

I can only imagine how hard it must be to also get Albarn on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

caligulamprey posted:

Same subject: WHERE IS MY RAVENOUS SOUNDTRACK?!

That's a good one.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Skeezy posted:

So Cowboy Bebop is finally getting a proper record release :dance:

But only if you buy it in a bundle. :negative:

Five years from now this'll fetch like 100 bucks on discogs for mint condition. No way anyone would really pay that price for anime soundtrack unless they're one of those people who bought all those Hajime No Ippo merch.

The DOOM quad LP, bundled with double CD and a mat costs only €90 by comparison. Yeah, I know it's not anime or bebop jazz, but still.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Skeezy posted:

So Cowboy Bebop is finally getting a proper record release :dance:

But only if you buy it in a bundle. :negative:

This is a roller coaster of emotions in one post.

I mean it was a good show and movie but I don't need it on Blu Ray badly bad enough to spend $250 to get the vinyl. And who is enough of a teenager to do something with those lithographs who has the money for it?

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap

Nail Rat posted:

And who is enough of a teenager to do something with those lithographs who has the money for it?

hahahaha i think you and i both know who and its everyone who buys this

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

The 311 Lifestyle posted:

hahahaha i think you and i both know who and its everyone who buys this

*decorates office wall with anime tits hanging out :smugdog: *

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Uncle Kitchener posted:

Five years from now this'll fetch like 100 bucks on discogs for mint condition. No way anyone would really pay that price for anime soundtrack unless they're one of those people who bought all those Hajime No Ippo merch.

The DOOM quad LP, bundled with double CD and a mat costs only €90 by comparison. Yeah, I know it's not anime or bebop jazz, but still.

looking at the pre-order numbers now, this thing might not even happen too. they're nowhere near their numbers they want to start manufacturing these.

https://www.funimation.com/bebop20th/

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
If $550 Cowboy Bebop and $699 Appetite for Destruction box sets aren't peak vinyl they're definitely spitting distance

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

My local store had 2 of these left for free today, pretty sweet.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Barry posted:

If $550 Cowboy Bebop and $699 Appetite for Destruction box sets aren't peak vinyl they're definitely spitting distance

Don't forget https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076M95GWP/

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnn if I had $539.93, I'd be all over that Weird Al box set, no question.

That's not even if I had $539.93 to spare, I just wish I had $539.93 in general.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Nail Rat posted:

*decorates office wall with anime tits hanging out :smugdog: *

I always enjoy passing by your office btw

dorium posted:

looking at the pre-order numbers now, this thing might not even happen too. they're nowhere near their numbers they want to start manufacturing these.

For something this expensive, honestly I don't think it'll reach the minimum in US alone. If it was worldwide, maybe just maybe it would've had a much better chance if some of the Japanese or crazy German audio files wanted this package.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Thanks, thread!

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

dorium posted:

The website uses Standard Time when we’re in Daylight Time

This is not a professional operation

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

pwn posted:

The website uses Standard Time when we’re in Daylight Time

This is not a professional operation

As a professional web developer I will tell you that time zones are loving hard, and while there are many things I judge websites harshly on that’s not one of them.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

camoseven posted:

As a professional web developer I will tell you that time zones are loving hard, and while there are many things I judge websites harshly on that’s not one of them.
It isn’t a time zone, it’s six months of the year when most of the country uses Daylight Time.

They’re listing all these funding deadlines as CST, or Central Standard Time. The deadlines are happening during Daylight time, so they should read CDT.

It’s one of those things that most people don’t care about, and that’s fine, people just repeat things they hear without thinking about what they mean. But if you’re expecting me to give you hundreds of dollars, I’m going to expect you to know what words mean

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I'm going to guess the number of purchases lost over that are going to be zero in this case. You're either batshit insane or you're not.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

This rules. Also you get 15 records, so while it is still a bit expensive not quite the blatant rip off.

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap
proud to come out and say i didn't pre-order cowboy bebop because they hosed up the CST/CDT

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap
sales lost: 1

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

beefnoodle posted:

Thanks, thread!

Yessss :ducksiren:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

beefnoodle posted:

Thanks, thread!

I was listening to this the other day, where did you pick up a copy?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I know you can still get it directly from the record label.

Don’t know if current pressings are that green psychedelic splatter, though.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Ballz posted:

Great cover. Great music. Instant purchase.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Ballz posted:

Well thats an easy buy. Thanks, dude.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Ballz posted:

Oh hey. Not too far from me. I'll have to pop in and see if they have a copy in-store.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

dorium posted:

If only there were some way to get more people to buy this record!

Uncle Kitchener posted:

For something this expensive, honestly I don't think it'll reach the minimum in US alone. If it was worldwide, maybe just maybe it would've had a much better chance if some of the Japanese or crazy German audio files wanted this package.

I don't know if this has changed in recent years but Cowboy Bebop was originally much more popular in the United States than Japan, largely because of how it's more conventionally western.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I think a big part was that it was also easier to see on TV, and Cartoon Network reran the gently caress out of that show. I remember when Adult Swim premiered, and it was unlike anything else on TV. But it was also something very different than most of the Adult Swim affair. Like, there's a narrow audience for Aqua Teen Hunger Force. But this was a show that could appeal to everyone.

I know that the show struggled on Japanese TV because the initial airing could only show half of the episodes because the rest were too violent. Where as Cartoon Network could air the show with only minor censorship.

And just to show you how times have changed - in the episode on Venus, Faye bursts in on two guys in bed. Now, there's nothing remotely explicit about it. It's two guys in bed, mostly covered up by a blanket, and the one guy is on top of the other and facing him. In the Cartoon Network airing, they erased the guy on the bottom.

I've said this elsewhere on the forums, but poo poo, America is loving weird. Violence, no problem. But the idea of two men being in a loving relationship? We better cover that up!

As far as that sale goes - I think a big mistake was to split it up across 3 different sets. Especially since the first and second set appear identical, except for the box?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

I think a big part was that it was also easier to see on TV, and Cartoon Network reran the gently caress out of that show. I remember when Adult Swim premiered, and it was unlike anything else on TV. But it was also something very different than most of the Adult Swim affair. Like, there's a narrow audience for Aqua Teen Hunger Force. But this was a show that could appeal to everyone.

I know that the show struggled on Japanese TV because the initial airing could only show half of the episodes because the rest were too violent. Where as Cartoon Network could air the show with only minor censorship.

And just to show you how times have changed - in the episode on Venus, Faye bursts in on two guys in bed. Now, there's nothing remotely explicit about it. It's two guys in bed, mostly covered up by a blanket, and the one guy is on top of the other and facing him. In the Cartoon Network airing, they erased the guy on the bottom.

I've said this elsewhere on the forums, but poo poo, America is loving weird. Violence, no problem. But the idea of two men being in a loving relationship? We better cover that up!

As far as that sale goes - I think a big mistake was to split it up across 3 different sets. Especially since the first and second set appear identical, except for the box?

I remember that, incidentally I never saw that one on tv until after I owned the DVDs when I saw it on tv later with that censorship I kind of laughed because it also makes no loving sense in the context of that scene. Also in that same episode a guy put a cigar out in someone's forehead. They didn't edit that out of the broadcast. I also happen to be gay myself, so I am hyper-aware of how loving different things are now compared to the early 2000s. Based on what AS shows on there now I doubt very much they'd still bother to censor that.

jagstag
Oct 26, 2015

i love to see two men in a bed

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
apparently these codes are unlimited use

https://www.dominomart.com/claim
NC9TBG9S

new jon hopkins album, very good. as per usual for a domino record it sounds phenomenal too

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

CPL593H posted:

I don't know if this has changed in recent years but Cowboy Bebop was originally much more popular in the United States than Japan, largely because of how it's more conventionally western.

It's more conventionally western unless Ed is in a scene. Honestly I'd probably be more likely to watch it nowadays if Ed wasn't in it, Ed makes it pretty embarrassing though.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

jagstag posted:

i love to see two men in a bed

a/s/l?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Got some decent records at a garage sale today. Mostly $1/ea

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

wa27 posted:

That one Donna Summer album where it looks like it says "Donna Cummer" is why graphic design is important.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

wa27 posted:

Post the entire Ohio Players cover

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Boinks posted:

Post the entire Ohio Players cover

Certainly

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/U4tm4f9.jpg

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
What’s the B side of that English Beat single?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

beefnoodle posted:

What’s the B side of that English Beat single?

March of the Swivel Heads

I try to avoid buying 12" singles but I always seem to find them for cheap and can't resist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

beefnoodle posted:

Thanks, thread!

Yeah, it's good. Bought a new copy for myself too.

Been looking for Iranian psych from 60s and 70s on vinyl but holy poo poo are they rare and/or expensive. I'm not even gonna share links fearing someone might grab them because of limited printings.

CPL593H posted:

If only there were some way to get more people to buy this record!

Honestly, you could also sell it to the big weebs in Europes like France, Italy, UK and Germany. I mean, Italians were the only ones on this planet that got uncensored cuts of Fist of the North Star.

I'd actually buy the original HnK ost on LPs actually.