Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
Sent you a PM, but I can’t in good conscience take it for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Chakan posted:

An old friend passed away a few years ago, and other friends gave me all of his warhammer related stuff, so I have two old Necromunda boxes with various parts missing but I don't have a desire to play necromunda for a lot of reasons. As far as I can tell, the only stuff that's probably of interest is the sprues of (orlock? is that the default?) gangers, but if anyone wants this stuff I'll send it to you. I can take additional pictures tonight if you want to look at something in particular, but it will all be with my phone. I'm fine with sending it to the US, beyond that we might be able to work something out?

fe: the link works for me, but if it doesn't for others, I'll fix it when I'm not on my phone.

I would love that stuff, even just one of the boxes. The bulkheads and other stuff would go to good use in our new necromunda league my club just started up.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I also PMd about the Orlocks, that's some grey plastic nostalgia right there.

E:

berzerkmonkey posted:

GW is releasing rules updates for all of the old WFB stuff to bring it into AoS as well.

Wait what?

moths fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 1, 2018

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Warhammer Legends will give rules to all the discontinued hero models and whatever, and will came with Made to Order waves. The first one is Dark Elves, with the hilarious titty Morathi.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Finally painted an entire gang. 1000 creds, give or take a few grenades etc.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

JcDent posted:

Warhammer Legends will give rules to all the discontinued hero models and whatever, and will came with Made to Order waves. The first one is Dark Elves, with the hilarious titty Morathi.

Oh, that's a lot less exciting than I thought.

But more Made to Order is always good.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I've just moved house, and while hunting for my Shadespire stuff last night I realised I can't find my mid 90s GW black case :derp:

The one with all my OG Escher and Spirers in :bang:

I really hope I find it when I unpack everything at the weekend.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

glitchkrieg posted:

I've just moved house, and while hunting for my Shadespire stuff last night I realised I can't find my mid 90s GW black case :derp:

The one with all my OG Escher and Spirers in :bang:

I really hope I find it when I unpack everything at the weekend.

Per standard moving regulations, you won’t be able to encounter your GW case until you are desperately searching for an unrelated object.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Shadin posted:

Per standard moving regulations, you won’t be able to encounter your GW case until you are desperately searching for an unrelated object.

This, here. Do you have a child or pet you could misplace? Possibly a rescue inhaler or insulin? None of these necessarily have to be yours but it does help.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 2, 2018

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
So, comment popped up on Facebook just now ref new Necromunda rules in Gang War 3.

Apparently Van Saar gangers are bs3+; leaders and champions 2+. What the everlasting gently caress!? Fast shot plasma gun van Saar champion can shoot twice with rapid fire, hitting anyone in 12" on a 2+ regardless of cover. Jesus.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
:laffo:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

SWA question: when a dude (say, a Guardsman), is recruited, he has a combat blade and armor. Do you need to pay for the blade, or is the price counted into the recruitment cost?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Included.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
So are Van Saar recruits more expensive? Because that’s a HUGE advantage on top of their access to the Savant skill set.

I guess the designers really didn’t want to make them any less cheesy than before.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

So are Van Saar recruits more expensive? Because that’s a HUGE advantage on top of their access to the Savant skill set.

I guess the designers really didn’t want to make them any less cheesy than before.

Yeah, picking from shooting and savant is pretty great. Word is they are 65 base, so more expensive. They have access to mesh armour and a +1 save stackable thing (similar to armoured undershirt, but can even add to that). Not clear what exactly is included and what is bought extra, this is all Facebook whispers. But word is for 80pts you get a ganger with the stats mentioned and a 4+ save. It seems balanced in terms of starting cost, but actually I think it's a very very strong basis for adding guns and upgrades on top.

Stand by for a rant when I get my hands on GW3 around Monday!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

That's a stupidly good starting platform, and means that Toughness as a first advance is a complete no-brainer.

I'd love to know what's going on in the designer's heads sometimes, there are so many weird decisions being made with no thought to balance.

I'd also like to know what Escher's "thing" is supposed to be - the 2+ Initiative only really makes sense in the 3D game, and even then, Flak armour and the rest of their starting stats let them down. 5 credits lasguns will only get you so far...

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

That's a stupidly good starting platform, and means that Toughness as a first advance is a complete no-brainer.

I'd love to know what's going on in the designer's heads sometimes, there are so many weird decisions being made with no thought to balance.

I'd also like to know what Escher's "thing" is supposed to be - the 2+ Initiative only really makes sense in the 3D game, and even then, Flak armour and the rest of their starting stats let them down. 5 credits lasguns will only get you so far...

Completely agree. I think escher are supposed to be versatilely aggressive - their champions have 3+ws and bs, they get cheap lasguns combined with good cc kit via toxins. Not sure it really works, as you say. But it does appear van Saar will be the dedicated campaign-ruiners. As it was, so shall it ever be.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

glitchkrieg posted:

They should have T2. That'd balance 'em.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I was thinking they might since that's how GW games generally treat radiation damage.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

The Sex Cannon posted:

Literal Ratlings.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

The Sex Cannon posted:

Having read the leaks thread, they're restricted to a max T4. I think starting with T2 would have balanced them nicely, while also meaning the "max characteristics" rule stays universal, instead of having this exception.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I assumed the design docs would have something about how a gang needs a dump stat (not necessarily a stat), and I'm not really hearing one at this point. A limitation to a single stat doesn't really cover it.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
I really hope there is something that stands out as a weakness for the Van Saar. They're my favorite gang to play, and I'd rather not feel bad about using them

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

goatface posted:

I assumed the design docs would have something about how a gang needs a dump stat (not necessarily a stat), and I'm not really hearing one at this point. A limitation to a single stat doesn't really cover it.

I tried number-crunching the statlines before, to see if there was a formula for costing etc. (like the one for Blood Bowl) but nothing came from it. Now that more gangs have been added I might try it again and just ignore the Gangs Of Legend doc.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Most of it's probably eyeballed, which is fine as long as you've got a good handle on what matters to the expected play style and which parts really synergise.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

glitchkrieg posted:

I tried number-crunching the statlines before, to see if there was a formula for costing etc. (like the one for Blood Bowl) but nothing came from it. Now that more gangs have been added I might try it again and just ignore the Gangs Of Legend doc.

I did some work on a similar thing. Basically comparing the cost of something by how much it deviates from the norm.

Almost impossible to quantify the different mental stats though, considering that Cool is far and away the best one, and the others are used so rarely.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Cross-body Post!

The Sex Cannon posted:

Meet the Hulkamaniacs!

Their Leader, Terry

The Gang Champions, D-Von and Bubba Ray

The Juves, Koko and Ric

And the rest of the gang, Randy, Booker, Seamus, Animal, and Stevie

I'm heading to beautiful New Jersey tomorrow to cruise the Slam Sector with SRM, BuffaloChicken and others. I can't wait to find out just what they'll do when the Hulkamaniacs run wild on them!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

According to the 30k thread, the Escher and Goliath weapon packs are going last chance to order next week.

Someone good at this game, if I wanted one pack for each gang, which one should I get?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That was a joke

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TTerrible posted:

That was a joke

Oh. I don't subscribe to their newsletter and making these limited runs sounds like something GW would do.

My question stands, though!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

According to the 30k thread, the Escher and Goliath weapon packs are going last chance to order next week.

Someone good at this game, if I wanted one pack for each gang, which one should I get?

Do not believe anything the 30k thread says. They are in late-stage resin poisoning. :v:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

Do not believe anything the 30k thread says. They are in late-stage resin poisoning. :v:

:byodood:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Oh. I don't subscribe to their newsletter and making these limited runs sounds like something GW would do.

My question stands, though!

Sorry for scaring you!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

JcDent posted:

Sorry for scaring you!

You bastard.

More seriously, it was both that they could've been going away and that the big new Warhammer place opening up in Dallas is doing a thing where if you get forgeworld stuff delivered there opening weekend the shipping is free. I'm going to be in town that weekend so I figured I might as well kill two birds with one stone since those packs are expensive enough as it is.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
We're starting a league tomorrow at 500 points and I have been woefully underprepared. I just made up a quick Escher gang, does it look half way decent?

Unburnt Witches
Gang Type Escher
Gang Rating: 495
Reputation 0
Turf Size 1

Yolandie
Leader
M WS BS S T W I A Ld Cl Wil Int Cost Adv XP
5 3+ 3+ 3 3 2 2+ 3 5+ 6+ 6+ 7+ 185 0 0
Wargear: Power Sword, Autopistol, Laspistol, Flak Armor,
Skills: Mentor

Righteous Suzy
Champion
5 3+ 3+ 3 3 2 2+ 2 6+ 7+ 6+ 6+ 160 1 0
Wargear: Power Sword, Autogun, Lasgun, Flak Armor,
Skills: Step Aside

Desperanda
Ganger
5 4+ 4+ 3 3 1 3+ 1 7+ 8+ 7+ 7+ 75 0 0
Wargear: Stiletto Knife, Lasgun, Flak Armor,

Cheese Wanda
Ganger
5 4+ 4+ 3 3 1 3+ 1 7+ 8+ 7+ 7+ 75 0 0
Wargear: Stiletto Knife, Lasgun, Flak Armor,

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

500 is a really weird points value to start at.

Taking multiple pistols or basic weapons on the same person is a bit weird. Did you mean that? It makes more sense to go with a basic and a pistol on each, unless you've really got your heart set on dual-wielding pistols for shooting. Step Aside, a great combat choice, doesn't really work with two basic weapons.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Yeah, I guess you are right on the multiple pistols, I'll drop one of those.

I think the organizer wants to keep the games a little shorter and make the game seem less intimidating at first which is why we have a 500 point start. No idea if it will work out that way or not.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Opened up my copy of Necro and put together the bulk heads and barricades (which will also be good 40k terrain) and spray undercoated them. Looking forward to getting them painted.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

You can have a bat boy pet in necromunda now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

muggins posted:

You can have a bat boy pet in necromunda now

:3: