Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

To Battle posted:

Abby, I read a Chomsky book so I know whats happenin’, Martin.

This but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Abby is good and one of the few guests Joe has had on that doesnt have a brain full of holes.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

dog house posted:

Abby is good and one of the few guests Joe has had on that doesnt have a brain full of holes.

lol i'm gonna finish my drink gently caress jordan peterson but gently caress abby martin and her dude calling generalizations
joe have on richard wolff
better yet just get Lowenaffchen

An Apple A Gay fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 2, 2018

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

dog house posted:

lol

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

dog house posted:

She's a 9/11 inside job conspiracy theorist according to her wikipedia article, which seems like brain holes to me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i've never seen joe not have an insane person on when it comes to politics but maybe he has. i stopped watching/listening after he signal boosted some lovely right wingers for the dozenth time.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

b o o s t

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

Apprentice Dick posted:

She's a 9/11 inside job conspiracy theorist according to her wikipedia article, which seems like brain holes to me.

the first thing i found on google was an article with this quote from her

quote:

"I stand by the fact that we were lied to about 9/11, which even the commission members themselves agree with. However I don't believe it was an inside job and it's embarrassing to see people call themselves journalists using a six year old video to smear me and conflate statements I made at a rally with my risking my job to speak out about Crimea."
i don't follow her closely and maybe she's not perfect or whatever but she's far better than the fringe right wing dipshits joe normally has on

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Don't think there's a lower bar anywhere in public discourse.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Go easy on Joe, he's a sweet boy. Why so angry. Take a hit, thread.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

yes she is left leaning, and yes it is refreshing
she is also a dope, has a hard time articulating specifics, and we would all be better served by a learned leftist economic/political talking head
she is a pretty face that says dude and laughs at fart jokes
i can't always get what i want

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
If Joey Diaz and Jordan Peterson end up on the same podcast the past 5 years of Joe's slide into the alt right would have been worth every second.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

An Apple A Gay posted:

yes she is left leaning, and yes it is refreshing
she is also a dope, has a hard time articulating specifics, and we would all be better served by a learned leftist economic/political talking head
she is a pretty face that says dude and laughs at fart jokes
i can't always get what i want

C'mon man, to be fair, it's a leftist operating on the level the alt-right guys Joe's been inviting are on. You can't ask for one side to be intellectuals and the other sarcastic fake comedians.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The recent Cameron Hanes podcast was interesting. Mainly it explained Hunting Concessions in Africa (hunting in a region to maintain a population/deter poachers) which I only had a passing knowledge of.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

bowhunting athlete :jerkbag:

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Apparently Matt Tiabbi is on soon?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
The first half of the Michael Chandler MMA episode is pretty good. They talk about psychology of competitors, and how poor self image can hold you back.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Apparently Matt Tiabbi is on soon?

Wait I thought Rogan exclusively has alt right guests

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I can't believe Joe ROgan is a nazi alt right grand wizard.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hot sauce posted:

Wait I thought Rogan exclusively has alt right guests

I blame his enjoyment of hunting. He should just buy factory farm meat like good people do.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

joe bogan.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

hulk rogan.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015
Is this the thread for the intellectual dark web?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Taibbi episode is real good so far

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

here's a vid Tom Segura just posted on instagram. trust me you'll love it

https://www.instagram.com/p/BikEu9clNMY/?hl=en&taken-by=seguratom

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Maybe this is a new direction and we will one day get to listen to Joe inform Glen Greenwald about how 'coyotes are gangster' and the loving santa clause mushroom.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

An Apple A Gay posted:

joe have on richard wolff

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Odddzy posted:

C'mon man, to be fair, it's a leftist operating on the level the alt-right guys Joe's been inviting are on. You can't ask for one side to be intellectuals and the other sarcastic fake comedians.

nah, shapiro, rubin, milo are who the alt right dudes look up to. maybe one side looks up to idiots hmmmmm

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I like Dave Rubin, what the hell is alt-right about him? Or is alt right just everyone right of progressive now. He had a very similar journey to mine as far as becoming very disillusioned with the left the last few years (especially us both being partv of marginalized groups that they try to court/pander to which I have a disgust for)

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Rubin was part of The Young Turks. He is more right now but definitely not alt-right. Not that it really matters, since it gets really repetitive.

I do enjoy when Joe has scientists who specialize in something a lot more now.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Alt-right seems to just be anybody with a political opinion you don't like

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Guys like Rubin aren't alt-right but they sure as hell are useful to the alt-right as a jumping off point for retards looking to get a case of brain worms

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

barkbell posted:

nah, shapiro, rubin, milo are who the alt right dudes look up to. maybe one side looks up to idiots hmmmmm

Yes, that's what i'm saying. I don't remember who said it on here but it rings true to me, to be an alt-right personality, all you need is to not be a complete and total moron and can do some public speaking. The bar of entry isn't any higher really. I don't know if idiots is the right term, but there's something sociopathic in the fact they're trying to profit off this poo poo.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

Alt-right seems to just be anybody with a political opinion you don't like

Sounds exactly like something an alt right fascist would say. Mods?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Taibbi and Baker episodes are good.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

always be closing posted:

Taibbi and Baker episodes are good.

taibbi says umm and uhh a lot, not good
baker is aww shucks dont trust the iranians i named my boy shooter

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

hot sauce posted:

Sounds exactly like something an alt right fascist would say. Mods?

Forget it, you're never going to get the mods on such a conservative forum to stand up against fascism, even when it's so undeniable as it is in this thread.

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005
Baker loving sucks. I couldn't make it past the first 10 minutes where he seemed baffled that Congress would ask questions about the CIA torture program.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

I like Dave Rubin, what the hell is alt-right about him? Or is alt right just everyone right of progressive now. He had a very similar journey to mine as far as becoming very disillusioned with the left the last few years (especially us both being partv of marginalized groups that they try to court/pander to which I have a disgust for)

is this a bit?

he wasn't "disillusioned" the koches pay him tons of money to say the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Guys like Rubin aren't alt-right but they sure as hell are useful to the alt-right as a jumping off point for retards looking to get a case of brain worms

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

is this a bit?

he wasn't "disillusioned" the koches pay him tons of money to say the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

He has videos on his journey, I've watched them all and I believe him. I could not give a poo poo less what other groups he attracts for saying things I agree with. That's not my problem. I am an individual, I'm not trying to change anyone's minds and I don't do the whole guilt-by-association thing. If you want to provide any sources for what you're trying to convince me of, go for it, but all I see his detractors saying on twitter are he's a bigot and he's involved in trans-murder which is all just nonsense I see them pull all the time, then they always shut the hell up when asked to source anything they're talking about. So I can't trust heresay anymore, I just think a lot of progressives don't like that a gay dude left the plantation when his rightful "place" is with them. It's the same exact thing black people have to go through with which is where I identify with him a lot.

edit: So again I ask, what's alt-right about anything he says?

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 11, 2018