Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ashpanash posted:

There's also no need to stop the movie and follow someone to a Battery Plus store or find a charging cable so Stark can use the phone, just as there isn't a need to explain why Stark would have the phone on his person. It's implied, and it's not a major plot point. It's mundane enough to simply chalk up to storytelling expediency. And it's not like the movie needed to be longer.

But we miss out on the critical second act where it turns out the thing used some obscure proprietary charging jack that isn't even in those omnichargers, so they need to go to Goodwill and dig through a bunch of cables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.
Normally I can’t stand Thanos, who is the poor man’s Darkseid, but he was great in Infinity War.

Calling it now: Hawkeye kills Thanos.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It has to be Nebula.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They should go for an even bigger audience-shocking ending next time and have Thanos kill himself.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

It has to be Nebula.

Could be.

I could see Tony wielding the glove and essentially trading his life to fix things.

Lot of ways this could go, really

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

precision posted:

They should go for an even bigger audience-shocking ending next time and have Thanos kill himself.

That would be in line with the most interesting part of his comic character, where he’s inherently self-defeating.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Avengers 5 shouldn't have Thanos at all, everyone just deals with it. :v:

The post-credits is Thanos sipping a space beer on his farm

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

precision posted:

After IW, the next batch of studio superhero movies will consistently kill off their characters such that it becomes as trite and cliche as a blue sky-laser.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

Avengers 5 shouldn't have Thanos at all, everyone just deals with it.

Avengers 5 opens up with everyone going "Haha wow everything IS better now" and the whole universe hates the avengers for undoing it, setting up the next alien invasion

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The Bloop posted:

Could be.

I could see Tony wielding the glove and essentially trading his life to fix things.

Lot of ways this could go, really
I feel like they will swerve us and have Tony live to finally retire from superheroing and live his life with Pepper.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

achillesforever6 posted:

I feel like they will swerve us and have Tony live to finally retire from superheroing and live his life with Pepper.

Until Avengers 10 when RDJ feels like doing it again "one last time"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

achillesforever6 posted:

I want this and I want Cap to go back in time to meet Peggy for that dance.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I figured the sequel will end with Tony and Pepper's big drat wedding where everyone is invited.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Hey you guys. I figured out the medical term for why Bruce couldn’t turn into the Hulk.

He has Shrektile Dysfunction.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I figured the sequel will end with Tony and Pepper's big drat wedding where everyone is invited.

And at that moment the Silver Surfer shows up.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hey you guys. I figured out the medical term for why Bruce couldn’t turn into the Hulk.

well I'm Team Thanos now

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

I want this and I want Cap to go back in time to meet Peggy for that dance.

These are both fine things but when the world is in danger again in a week, would Tony really stay retired?

They'll have to Agent K him with the mind stone

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

He's the Incredible Sulk.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That would be in line with the most interesting part of his comic character, where he’s inherently self-defeating.
Yeah. In Infinity War Thanos is 100% sure that what he's doing is right, so he's unstoppable. Once he sees the actual consequences of his plan though he will probably have a lot more doubt when it comes to defending the power gauntlet in the next film.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Bloop posted:

These are both fine things but when the world is in danger again in a week, would Tony really stay retired?

I wouldn't mind RDJ showing up in like, Captain America with the Falcon as Cap or something. Or maybe Spider-Man 3 when Parker is like, 25 or something.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

The Bloop posted:

They'll have to Agent K him with the mind stone

They should just do like a Batman Inc., thing so they have an excuse to have RDJ in every movie for like thirty second and just have War Machine/whoever using the armor.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Coffee And Pie posted:

Boo. Boo.

And also, lmao

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Where the gently caress did Wanda's accent go?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

smoobles posted:

Where the gently caress did Wanda's accent go?

Same place Whedon went.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Why wasn't Ant Man in this again?

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Does it really need saying?

precision posted:

Possible answer: because he's in LA and this entire movie took place in less than 24 hours (with the New York chunk being literally just minutes before changing over to Wakanda, which Scott knows nothing about).

I suspect during the "regroup" period he'll be getting a call.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

because he has a movie between the avengers movies

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay just making sure there wasn't some actual canon reason that I forgot in the general haze these films have become to me (but it's a very pleasant haze :420:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

precision posted:

because then the writers would have to think up an excuse why he can't just crawl up Thanos's rear end and then turn giant

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Augus posted:

because then the writers would have to think up an excuse why he can't just crawl up Thanos's rear end and then turn giant

IIRC Green Arrow and Atom killed Darkseid once this way, Atom shrunk down and stood on an arrow as it was shot at Darkseid, who couldn't help but catch it and mock Green Arrow for thinking he could harm him at all, during that time Atom jumps into his ear canal and destroys his brain.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
Anyone by any chance have images of Nidavellir? That needs to be my new screensaver.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

Okay just making sure there wasn't some actual canon reason that I forgot in the general haze these films have become to me (but it's a very pleasant haze :420:

They mention offhand that he cut a deal and he is with his family. Same with CLINT

Neo Rasa posted:

IIRC Green Arrow and Atom killed Darkseid once this way, Atom shrunk down and stood on an arrow as it was shot at Darkseid, who couldn't help but catch it and mock Green Arrow for thinking he could harm him at all, during that time Atom jumps into his ear canal and destroys his brain.

gross

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Does it really need saying?

*grimace*

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neo Rasa posted:

It's a little better than that. Darkseid has an impenetrable shield, but atom deduced if Darkseid could see, light must be able to get through, so he shrunk beneath the wavelength of light and rode a flare into his eye.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
At this point I don't trust any of the trailers for Ant-Man. I'm sure there's more to the film than their letting on.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Ant-Man 2 will again be about Paul Rudd just havin a good time

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is Ant-Man and the Wasp suppose to be in Avengers 4 because I really want that to happen.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

Ant-Man 2 will again be about Paul Rudd just havin a good time

Jason Segel cameo please

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ant man will get the Wasp pregnant but find the eggs have been implanted in his own body, they will hatch and eat his brain from the inside out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bobby Digital posted:

Jason Segel cameo please

He can be Grizzly.

Or Machinesmith if he does his robot voice.