Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I just want to say that I love that my knowledge of lore is either the little bits from the game or this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Triple F Burger went from incredibly deep cut to company running joke in the span of a single game

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Alright so here is a rough pass at some of the ideas discussed up-thread, to maybe make evasion a little more useful.

(click for album with a pre/post sensor lock & hit chances)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ar2c7zaibp0zzm7/10%20evasion%20pips.zip?dl=0

code:
FOR EVASION GOOD TIMES
constants\CombatGameConstants.json

ToHitStepValues: 0.5, 0.025 -> 0.025, 0.025. This seeeeems to have changed evasion to 5% a pip, but its a bit black boxy to me.
SensorLockPipsStripped 2 -> 4
Changed ToHitMovingTargetDistances, EvasivePipsMovingTarget, and ToHitMovingPipUMs to reflect 10 pips. 
	Kept same spread of numbers from min/max with additional, smaller steps.
Added 4 more entries to ToHitMovingTargetString to reflect extra evasion pips.

abilities\traits\TraitDefMeleeHit1.json
C/P the TraitDefEvasiveCHargeAddOne effect data code from .json of the same name to TraitDefMeleeHit1.json (Pilot 1 passive skill bonus), 
	adding 4 as hacky way to increase base evasion pip count to 8. 
	Maybe change to 2, so base is 6 pips (80% of base evasion max), 
	increase the two skill bonuses to 2 pips per to reach 10?
Give it a go!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Prince, Pauper, God or Man, all are equal before the mighty Autocannon Twenty.

Night10194 posted:

Demolisher reminding the crab it's got the same guns.

AC/20 is by far the scariest enemy NPC gun because EVENTUALLY someone's gonna eat a cockpit shot from it and if you're not braced that's the end of that pilot

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Are Ultra ACs and LBX-ACs in the game? I want my minivan-sized buckshot shells dammit

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Instead of killing turrets you can destroy the towers under them which have way less armor. :doh:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Instead of killing turrets you can destroy the towers under them which have way less armor. :doh:

What. WHAT.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

oh poo poo that owns

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Wait those can be targeted? Whaaaat

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Night10194 posted:

What. WHAT.

Kenshin posted:

Wait those can be targeted? Whaaaat

When you blow the towers they're above, the turret dies even if you didn't damage it. This might only apply to the turrets that seem to be on fort style walls though, not solo turrets.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Son of a bitch!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

When you blow the towers they're above, the turret dies even if you didn't damage it. This might only apply to the turrets that seem to be on fort style walls though, not solo turrets.

Ah, that makes more sense

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Mechs don't take fall damage though, so if you have an enemy spawn or jump onto a building, don't be cute and destroy it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Mechs don't take fall damage though, so if you have an enemy spawn or jump onto a building, don't be cute and destroy it.

However, if they don't have jumpjets they are then stuck there in midair :v:

Or, at least, thats how it bugged out for me one time.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The Hunchback 4G I tried that on just casually landed, sauntered over to me, and put a pilot in the hospital. That's the only time I tried.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Is it possible to mod in an AC20 that shoots a stream of 10 AC2 rounds

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think that's twenty straight missions in a row with headshots on my mechwarriors.

The heavy mech drop I caught by surprise were assault tanks. I still have mediums, so they turbofucked Medusa into two wounds instantly. I killed them, then four mechs spawned to my side, hyperfucking Medusa because dodge doesn't exist anymore.

I still haven't been given a single heavy btw, fighting full armor lrm carriers and demolishers and mediums that all focus fire mechs down sucks a lot right now!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Eej posted:

Sure, why not.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

RBA Starblade posted:

I think that's twenty straight missions in a row with headshots on my mechwarriors.

The heavy mech drop I caught by surprise were assault tanks. I still have mediums, so they turbofucked Medusa into two wounds instantly. I killed them, then four mechs spawned to my side, hyperfucking Medusa because dodge doesn't exist anymore.

I still haven't been given a single heavy btw, fighting full armor lrm carriers and demolishers and mediums that all focus fire mechs down sucks a lot right now!

If you are fighting heavies why don't you salvage them?

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
Been digging through the script files now that I got more of a handle on how C# works and the harmony modloader becoming more of a thing, would there be any interest in a mod that would allow injured pilots to still be selected for missions?

Actually I guess you could take this as a general "willing to take requests" post, I've been playing Battletech a lot ever since I bought it, but I'm still not quite as familiar with its mechanics as I am with FiraxCOM's: Aside from basic stuff like "wow evasion blows later in the game", I'm still not sure what would be a neat idea and what would just be dumb.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Prince, Pauper, God or Man, all are equal before the mighty Autocannon Twenty.

Quoting for truth.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Eej posted:

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\weapon
Open Weapon_Autocannon_AC20_0-STOCK.json
Change "Projectiles Per Shot = 1" to however many you want

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
'Kerensky made Mechs. AC/20s made them equal.' to paraphrase the line about Sam Colt?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kin33 posted:

If you are fighting heavies why don't you salvage them?

I am. It's usually not the same model and because I need to pay bills it's not a lot of salvage at a time. I have five waiting. :shepicide:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
"The Hegemony" works a lot better than Kerensky, who was 300 years not-yet-alive at the time of their creation.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
I got an atlas and immediately slammed max armour, two AC20++s, 4 tonnes of +ballistic accuracy TTS and max jump jets in that bad boy
I'm not sure I'd describe it as optimal, but it's pretty loving fun

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mister Bates posted:

Are Ultra ACs and LBX-ACs in the game? I want my minivan-sized buckshot shells dammit
The first models of the UAC and LBX don't show up for 10 more years, according to a quick scan of the internet. They're limited to UAC-5s and LBX-10s at that point, and other variants don't show up for another 20 years after that.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

so how do the arm mods work?

do they just stack if I have one in each arm, or do you randomly attack with one arm or the other?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\weapon
Open Weapon_Autocannon_AC20_0-STOCK.json
Change "Projectiles Per Shot = 1" to however many you want

Awww yeaaaaa

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Pairings for Round 3 of the launch tourney have been posted!

Find your matchup here!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Phrosphor posted:

Pairings for Round 3 of the launch tourney have been posted!

Find your matchup here!

God I wish I didn't miss this. I'm at like 40-1 and the 1 loss was a gimmick lance designed specifically to counter me by a friend and it was still razor close and more on me.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Exposure posted:

Been digging through the script files now that I got more of a handle on how C# works and the harmony modloader becoming more of a thing, would there be any interest in a mod that would allow injured pilots to still be selected for missions?

Actually I guess you could take this as a general "willing to take requests" post, I've been playing Battletech a lot ever since I bought it, but I'm still not quite as familiar with its mechanics as I am with FiraxCOM's: Aside from basic stuff like "wow evasion blows later in the game", I'm still not sure what would be a neat idea and what would just be dumb.

I'm planning on getting into mods to fix several things in the game right now. The view distance is still chief among them because it's working out exactly like I thought it would. Ranged mechs need to be able to see out to max range and scouts are junk.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I have been using my new Highlander to crush puny mechs beneath its mighty feet, and I've yet to earn the 'Highlander Burial' feat. This frustrates me to no end.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Blazing Ownager posted:

God I wish I didn't miss this. I'm at like 40-1 and the 1 loss was a gimmick lance designed specifically to counter me by a friend and it was still razor close and more on me.

People are really enjoying this one so I am sure we will run more after this.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
A public service announcement:
fuuuuuuuck SRM carriers, destroy every one you see, priority two right behind Demolishers.

I just had two mechs get knocked down in a single turn

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I finally got a mission with salvage where I could get heavies after! Too bad it's two quickdraws, a dragon, and the world's most indestructible Wolverine versus four mediums who all have brain damage and have had their legs broken. On the plus side, my wolverine missed literally every loving ac20 shot, so I had a nice meatshield to take up all the damage because its worthless garbage. On the downside, literally every mech and mechwarrior is hosed up now so I guess Ol MechCOM's going to the space ER. :v:

e: I won the fight by powerbombing the dragon, instantly killing the head, gently caress yeah. Too bad it was a 2 salvage mission at 5 salvage 0 money and I have zero dragon parts and zero quickdraw parts (I guess that pirate lady had another type? gently caress)

e: lmao gently caress this game, I get two guaranteed dragon salvage and zero any other mech part. I'm still not moving on til I have at least 2

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 4, 2018

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Mister Bates posted:

A public service announcement:
fuuuuuuuck SRM carriers, destroy every one you see, priority two right behind Demolishers.

I just had two mechs get knocked down in a single turn

Priority one. You should be considering how fragile an enemy is in addition to how deadly they are, and SRM trucks are very fragile.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TheBlandName posted:

Priority one. You should be considering how fragile an enemy is in addition to how deadly they are, and SRM trucks are very fragile.

Yeah, a lot of battle is 'how can I reduce the bullets coming in right the gently caress now'. It's why I'll always shoot up a Jenner that forgot to get a movement mod, because I don't want to take 4 more lasers that I don't have to. Or why you always go for the torso on Hunchie 4ps because otherwise they can pop up and take a guy to disco town.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
someone posted this on reddit. 210 punch damage, v. nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Night10194 posted:

Yeah, a lot of battle is 'how can I reduce the bullets coming in right the gently caress now'. It's why I'll always shoot up a Jenner that forgot to get a movement mod, because I don't want to take 4 more lasers that I don't have to. Or why you always go for the torso on Hunchie 4ps because otherwise they can pop up and take a guy to disco town.
Because so much attention is on the Shadowhawk's 85 melee, my commander needs to put a post-it note in his cockpit to remind him to not write off a Hunchback that has had it's shoulder blown off.

EDIT: ^^^ :eyepop: