Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

Srice posted:

I've never used Postmates but every time it comes up on the podcast it sounds like at least half the time it's a nightmare to deal with, and this week is no different.

Post Mates is a task rabbit style 3rd party outsourcing app, unlike seamless or similar which process orders but the company in question does the delivery. This leads to poor service and generally lovely experiences. It's also insanely expensive if you're having a guy buy you 9 dollars of mcdonalds food. All that said I don't know exactly why mitch gets so defensive about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
idk what series regular on a net flicks show gets you exactly but I suspect old "Two Spoons Mitch" can afford to pay a guy 15 dollars to bring him fast food.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I've never used Post Mates but I've used Uber Eats which operates similarly and it's always a crap shoot. Either you get the wrong order or it takes 1.5 hours and it's cold. If the driver messes up the restaurant is under no obligation to fix it and you have to get a refund through the delivery service and either order again or get something else.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Popete posted:

I've never used Post Mates but I've used Uber Eats which operates similarly and it's always a crap shoot. Either you get the wrong order or it takes 1.5 hours and it's cold. If the driver messes up the restaurant is under no obligation to fix it and you have to get a refund through the delivery service and either order again or get something else.

lol that system rules so hard.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Popete posted:

If all the Postmates drivers in southern California made a concerted effort to keep messing up orders they could probably starve Mitch to death

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Unmature posted:

If all the Postmates drivers in southern California made a concerted effort to keep messing up orders they could probably starve Mitch to death

new diet plan

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
If Mitch stopped eating now he'd die of old age long before starving to death.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
He can also live for three months without water, relying solely on the moisture he stores in his head.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Like a camel, he is.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's just an LA thing but it seems like everybody is always talking about going to Disney Land or some theme park. It's not just this podcast either, I feel like I hear people talking about going all the time on other podcasts based in LA.

I didn't realize people actually still went to theme parks with any regularity as adults unless you have kids.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Popete posted:

Maybe it's just an LA thing but it seems like everybody is always talking about going to Disney Land or some theme park. It's not just this podcast either, I feel like I hear people talking about going all the time on other podcasts based in LA.

I didn't realize people actually still went to theme parks with any regularity as adults unless you have kids.

Disneyland rules.

Doughboys are on the new Action Boyz discussing the franchise wars of Demolition Man.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Disneyland is just kinda encoded into your DNA when you're a SoCal native. I fly into Santa Monica every year to visit friends and we hit up Disneyland every time with a handful of :catdrugs: and have a ball.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Ya, exactly. In socal, they have all sorts of deals to try and entice you, or even better, you know someone who can get you in for free. Teenagers and college kids go to ironically enjoy it + do drugs.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Disneyland does rule. BUT people who have Disneyland annual passes are insane. It’s fine to go once every 5 years on a Monday. Tons of great rides, tons of nostalgia if you grew up in SoCal.

But there’s all these people who go 10 times a year. It’s just not fun. The lines ruin everything. Disneyland has raised the price multiple times in recent years to tamp down on crowds.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my new favorite thing about mitch wanting to be a contrarian is that he is terrified of people getting mad at him about it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mitch is a good man who loves his kittens, people are too mean to him!

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I love when we get a guest who is unfamiliar with Mitch's dumb bullshit

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin are idiots..."

*shortly thereafter*

"what's it called when water moves"

- Mike "Mitchy Two Spoons" Mitchell

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Mitch gets so mad every time Nick mentions he got there last and yet will never make the effort to leave fifteen minutes earlier and I love it every time

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mike Mitchell might be the most insecure man in the world. And the least articulate. I'd love to read a transcript of any given Doughboys episode just to count the number of times Mitchy stumbles over his words or restarts a sentence.

(and yet, I absolutely love this podcast and am delighted to listen every time)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FitFortDanga posted:

Mike Mitchell might be the most insecure man in the world. And the least articulate. I'd love to read a transcript of any given Doughboys episode just to count the number of times Mitchy stumbles over his words or restarts a sentence.

(and yet, I absolutely love this podcast and am delighted to listen every time)

It'd be like those Trump interview transcripts where every other line involves the editor note [garbled].

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Unmature posted:

Mitch gets so mad every time Nick mentions he got there last and yet will never make the effort to leave fifteen minutes earlier and I love it every time

my favorite Mitch Moment is when he defends himself by saying "I should have only been 15 minutes late, but bad traffic caused me to show up even later, therefore it's not my fault"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"I blew out a candle, I searched for fire."

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Popete posted:

If you want a window into the minds of these kinds of people, try an episode of Podcast: The Ride, a podcast about theme parks hosted by “four childless men who would rather enter the basketball court inside the Matterhorn than Christ’s kingdom of Heaven”.

It’s also really good and funny. Nick Wiger guested on an ep dedicated to the new Disneyland parking structure.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Tacier posted:

If you want a window into the minds of these kinds of people, try an episode of Podcast: The Ride, a podcast about theme parks hosted by “four childless men who would rather enter the basketball court inside the Matterhorn than Christ’s kingdom of Heaven”.

It’s also really good and funny. Nick Wiger guested on an ep dedicated to the new Disneyland parking structure.

P:TR is one of my top pods right now. It helps that I'm also one of those adult theme park weirdos but it's just genuinely really good. It's Doughboys for theme parks.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tacier posted:

pass

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the wiger and woliner episodes get a strong recommend

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
It also drops on Friday which is normally a fallow day for releases.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I'm late to the party on Doughboys so I'm skipping around and experiencing stuff that many of you already have but man I think Mitch listening to that Jackson Browne song every year on his birthday is some really sad poo poo. Good lord

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Dr.Radical posted:

I'm late to the party on Doughboys so I'm skipping around and experiencing stuff that many of you already have but man I think Mitch listening to that Jackson Browne song every year on his birthday is some really sad poo poo. Good lord

A grown man listening to Running on Empty alone on his birthday is the kind of scene that would end in a self inflicted gunshot wound if it was in a movie.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Tacier posted:

"you can park in the Minnie Mouse lot, it's a lot of fun!" - my guess as to what the episode is like

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

He really ought to mix it up with "Against the Wind" in even numbered years.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't care how out of date and played out it is, Mitch's Bill Clinton impression will never not make me laugh.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mitch's Mickey impression > Mitch's Homer impression

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Let's get some frosty chocolate milkshakes!

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
I can laugh just thinking about mitch’s clinton and homer. I honestly love when wiger and mitch do characters and improvise a little on the show, i wish it happened more often

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Juttman posted:

I can laugh just thinking about mitch’s clinton and homer. I honestly love when wiger and mitch do characters and improvise a little on the show, i wish it happened more often

It's funny going from their silly, half-hearted comedy on this show to when they're really improvising or acting and seeing how good they actually are as performance artists. Mitch is legit a fantastic actor. He was practically the lead on Birthday Boys. And they're both amazing in their episode of Off Book.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ayyyyyyyy I'm from New York! Bodega Bodega Bodega Bodega Bodega Bodega Bodega Bodega Bodega isn't it weird you can't get any food at 4 in the morning unless you're in New York at a Bodega Bodega Bodega Bodega Bodega Bodega in New York New York New York New York New York I LOVE THIS TOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

...I do wish my 24-hour cornerstore had a cat, though :smith:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I'm in LA at In-N-Out. I don't see Wiger anywhere what the hell.