Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Spider-man Loves Mary Jane was better than we deserved.

I remembered that I had never read it and always meant to get around to it. So far it's much better than reading The Evolutionary War. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I wish comics like it and Marvel Adventures Spider-Man were available and ongoing right now. Dang but those were good.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Kids don't read comics!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

evilmiera posted:

I wish comics like it and Marvel Adventures Spider-Man were available and ongoing right now. Dang but those were good.

I was really mad we didn't get them back for the duration of Secret Wars. Or for any duration, really. Give them back to us please Marvel

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Kurui Reiten posted:

Kids: don't read? comics!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Argue posted:

I was really mad we didn't get them back for the duration of Secret Wars. Or for any duration, really. Give them back to us please Marvel

Please don't give them back to us I have fond memories of them and would no doubt see them be FUBAR'd if they came back without the same creative direction.

If it was the same creative direction then yes, back and in my veins.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Onmi posted:

Please don't give them back to us I have fond memories of them and would no doubt see them be FUBAR'd if they came back without the same creative direction.

If it was the same creative direction then yes, back and in my veins.

Sean McKeever left Marvel after SLMJ and wrote one of the worst Teen Titans runs in the history of the book and hasn't done much worth reading at all.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rhyno posted:

Sean McKeever left Marvel after SLMJ and wrote one of the worst Teen Titans runs in the history of the book and hasn't done much worth reading at all.

Then let it dies and remain a happy memory since I'm a terrible cynic regarding the resurrection of old properties.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
And still a more plausible genetic mutation than 'weather control' or 'teleportation'. In fact, I have it! And you! And you as well!
Its called 'being able to see'.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Someone post the pic where Daredevil actually demonstrates that power in action.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Drax likes ALF.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Not just ALF, the Saturday morning cartoon show based on ALF.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uhh

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Yeah I don't think the FBI has jurisdiction out near the Kree empire.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Oooooooh, I'm so scared!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I5dVBezF9k

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Onmi posted:

Then let it dies and remain a happy memory since I'm a terrible cynic regarding the resurrection of old properties.

On the other hand, Infinity War the movie.

Also maybe I just like the idea it is based on and enjoy seeing different takes on Spidey stories, dangit.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

This would also work on me.

But not ALF Tales.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Senior Woodchuck posted:

This would also work on me.

But not ALF Tales.
I remember absolutely nothing except being amused by the concept of Ruby Hightops, and Noir Detective Alf vs Rumpelstiltskin.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Working my way through Jason Aaron's Thor and took a detour into Original Sin. I didn't read most of the tie-ins, but I'm glad I caught Original Sins for the Ryan North Young Avengers story.

Original Sins 3.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay then just make your butt pants too

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
All-New Wolverine #26: Laura just found her presumed-dead mother

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

All-New Wolverine #26: Laura just found her presumed-dead mother

When did Beast become a surly jerk?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He's finally realized he's just as terrible a scientist as Hank Pym, that would ruin anyone's disposition.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Marvel also published the comics based on this cartoon

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Beast is clearly the worst.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Malachite_Dragon posted:

He's finally realized he's just as terrible a scientist as Hank Pym, that would ruin anyone's disposition.

When you're comparing yourself to Reed Richards, who invented a cure for cancer while brushing his teeth, anyone's a terrible scientist.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

When you're comparing yourself to Reed Richards, who invented a cure for cancer while brushing his teeth, anyone's a terrible scientist.

But when you compare yourself to Reed Richards, who invented a cure for cancer while neglecting his children, then forgot to tell anyone or publish it because it was “too simple,” anyone’s a wonderful human being.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mooseontheloose posted:

When did Beast become a surly jerk?

Being complicit in genocide tends to affect your mood.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I like how his fur contours to show off his abs.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Pieces of Peace posted:

But when you compare yourself to Reed Richards, who invented a cure for cancer while neglecting his children, then forgot to tell anyone or publish it because it was “too simple,” anyone’s a wonderful human being.

Karl Lykos could have cured cancer if he wanted to.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

MikeJF posted:

Maybe he trims it real short to show off.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MikeJF posted:

That was a secondary mutation.

In fact, every time you notice something like that in the comics, a secondary mutation did it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Toshimo posted:

Karl Lykos could have cured cancer if he wanted to.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Original Sins 3.

what in god's name is with this art? it's like Joe Matt and Frank Quitely had an astoundingly ugly baby

Unmature posted:

Marvel also published the comics based on this cartoon

our boy Gordon Shumway also met one of my all-time favorite characters

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

One of my favorite things is this is that after right after Thanos used the Infinity Gauntlet to kill off half of all life, Drax decided to just chill with Thanos' father and watch ALF with him.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Then they all died.
(Howard The Duck #4)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Working my way through Jason Aaron's Thor and took a detour into Original Sin. I didn't read most of the tie-ins, but I'm glad I caught Original Sins for the Ryan North Young Avengers story.

Original Sins 3.

This seems to be Ryan North's trademark, see this page from Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #28:

and from the bottom of the page:

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Pieces of Peace posted:

Doesn't he also cure aids and stuff and gets paid by big pharma to not release them or something? I remember reading that somewhere in the early 2000s and it really annoying me and seeming un-superhero-y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Unmature posted:

Doesn't he also cure aids and stuff and gets paid by big pharma to not release them or something? I remember reading that somewhere in the early 2000s and it really annoying me and seeming un-superhero-y

They had to have some answer for "Why doesn't Mister Fantastic actually fix anything if he's so smart?". So he constantly needs money and somehow gets more money by suppressing the stuff that would help humanity than actually turning it into a marketable product.