Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

:patriot: to you then, goon sire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

:boom:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
gary oldman was truly awesome in tinker tailor soldier spy.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

President Beep posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Shaggar posted:

as always I take exception to this gif as to serve those people to the same level as their cars you would need an equal number of trollies/busses

the buses are separated in the time domain

the cars are not

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
https://twitter.com/SimoneGiertz/status/992145630507159553

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:smith:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

and we got to see benedict cumberbatch speak with a proper british accent

and and and seeing gary oldman accepting his academy award for portraying churchill was dope

seemed like a lifetime achievement moment but Darkest Hour was great

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

syscall girl posted:

seemed like a lifetime achievement moment but Darkest Hour was great

haven’t seen that yet. i’ll have to check it out

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

haven’t seen that yet. i’ll have to check it out

this isn't a spoiler but the tube scene is insanely good

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’ve heard darkest hour is good despite it being hero worship of the genocidal racist who almost lost wwii a bunch of times because he was more worried about the colonies than hitler until it was almost too late

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Schadenboner posted:

Motherfuckers want to go kill themselves they can do so, just don't BBRBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR around my goddamn neighborhood all loving weekend.

i live between an interstate and a busy city street so i'm assaulted by this poo poo all summer long, it's the worst

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

qirex posted:

all harleys should be crushed into cubes is what I’m saying

yeah. i'm still angry about the time a harley rider crashed into the back of my car and ran off into the woods leaving his bike laying in the road, and then woops the police never found out who he was, sorry guess i'm not getting my deductible reimbursed.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

cool. free bike tho!

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

President Beep posted:

cool. free bike tho!

it was like a $30k bike lmao

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah. i'm still angry about the time a harley rider crashed into the back of my car and ran off into the woods leaving his bike laying in the road, and then woops the police never found out who he was, sorry guess i'm not getting my deductible reimbursed.

was it not registered or something?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

qirex posted:

I’ve heard darkest hour is good despite it being hero worship of the genocidal racist who almost lost wwii a bunch of times because he was more worried about the colonies than hitler until it was almost too late

that is 100% accurate

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

non riders dont ride motorcycles because they might wreck and die

they dont ride them because they might wreck and survive

YEP

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i've been thinking of buying a cycle b/c they're cheaper than a car

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Elder Postsman posted:

the biker must’ve been friends with the cops lmao

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

fits my needs posted:

the biker must’ve been a cop lmao

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

autism causes vaccines

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

go play outside Skyler posted:

no residual physical effects. i imagine the flashbacks from their trip must be pretty intense

source: me, a guy who has never done lsd

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1129381/

typically any dosage >5000ug will just cause complete unconsciousness. i doubt they remember anything at all. I've done ~1000ug and it's still pretty enjoyable, albeit, intense. lsd, like thc, is a partial serotonin agonist, not a full agonist like the nBOME drugs which will straight up kill you if you take 3x the normal dose, which is really bad because they were frequently passed off as LSD

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

syscall girl posted:

this isn't a spoiler but the tube scene is insanely good

this, but for Possession

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
yes Yes YES!

quote:

Now-Worthless Theranos Investments Reportedly Cost Walton Family, Betsy DeVos Hundreds of Millions

Wealthy elites sank more than $600 million into Theranos, the rapidly flatlining blood-testing startup, according to a new Wall Street Journal report.

The startup’s CEO and founder Elizabeth Homes, once dubbed “the next Steve Jobs,” brought in multi-million dollar investments from big names like Education Secretary Besty DeVos and the Walton family. Now, newly unsealed documents, made public in the course of a fraud suit against Theranos, have revealed the dire finances of a company plagued by scandals, layoffs, and lawsuits. The WSJ says the top-dollar investments are now “essentially worthless.”

Theranos’ biggest investors reportedly include the Walton family, which put in $150 million; Rupert Murdoch, the largest individual investor, who put in $121 million; Betsy DeVos, who invested $100 million; and the Cox family, of Cox Media, which invested $100 million. The documents do not include the identities of shareholders or investors who gave money before 2013.

The fraud suit was brought by venture capitalist Robert Colman, who invested $15 million in Theranos in 2013. Theranos is facing multiple fraud suits from investors, all claiming Holmes misled investors on the core mission of Theranos: micro-sample blood testing. The Securities and Exchange Commission launched a civil fraud investigation against Holmes, ending in a $500,000 penalty and 10-year-ban from holding an executive role in a public company.

The lawsuits are still ongoing, but Theranos’ operations could be nearing their end. In an internal email dated April 10th, Holmes “raised the likelihood that the company would be liquidated by August,” the WSJ reported.
:bisonyes:

https://gizmodo.com/now-worthless-theranos-investments-reportedly-cost-walt-1825775178

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol no mention of kissinger and mattis getting soaked

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
also someone please photoshop this to replace SICKOS with YOSPOS

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FMguru posted:

someone please do the needful

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:gizz:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thank You Elizabeth Homes

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

maybe they had to pay taxes on their grants?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

exploded mummy posted:

sounds like you guys should be more like massachusetts

I'm sitting at an rmv right now

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

yeah almost definitely

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

FMguru posted:

YOSPOS is a subset of SICKOS.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah almost definitely

thhey have a hard job ok??‽! !!!

:byodood:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
:rip: tori

gone but not forgotten

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/992485301644939266

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

H.P. Hovercraft posted: