Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Phone posted:

hannity owns

Ugh, his skin looks like it's made of the same material as his suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Didn't he basically come out and say Don Cheeto actually did reimburse Cohen for the payment, despite both saying he hadn't?

It's so hilarious that Fox News has become the source for so many of the confirmations of poo poo the WH has denied. And better, from the horse's mouth. Or rear end, depending on your viewpoint.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

MrUnderbridge posted:

Didn't he basically come out and say Don Cheeto actually did reimburse Cohen for the payment, despite both saying he hadn't?

Not basically, he literally said it.

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/991856728454123520

Not that it should surprise anyone but Fox News is straight up ignoring the part where Rudy said that Trump reimbursed Cohen for the payment to Stormy Daniels, instead their headlines talk about how Rudy said Trump is the best President in his memory

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Not that it should surprise anyone but Fox News is straight up ignoring the part where Rudy said that Trump reimbursed Cohen for the payment to Stormy Daniels, instead their headlines talk about how Rudy said Trump is the best President in his memory

Sounds like blashphemy against Saint Ronny

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's an amazing "news" headline all on its own. "Donald Trump's personal friend and lawyer thinks he's good." This is worthwhile news according to Fox News. Quick, lets go ask Ivanka who her favorite President is next.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

STAC Goat posted:

That's an amazing "news" headline all on its own. "Donald Trump's personal friend and lawyer thinks he's good." This is worthwhile news according to Fox News. Quick, lets go ask Ivanka who her favorite President is next.

Will be awkward when she says theodore Roosevelt

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Well, Rush explained to me today that Trump never lied about the Daniels payment and Guilanni was misquoted so I guess that's good enough for me.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Matt Walsh is dumb.

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/992027389277466625

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Leofish posted:

Matt Walsh is dumb.
News at 11.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

there are things you tell twitter and then there are things you tell your therapist. a real man knows the difference

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Well buckle up because Cohen's phones were tapped and the FBI has recordings of calls to the Whitehouse. Next few days will be bonkers.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I love how much the family values people hate their actual loving families.

"Spend time with my kids? gently caress that they don't pay rent!"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The sign that men don't have personal space is the fact that many men have a specific personal space.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

VitalSigns posted:

I love how much the family values people hate their actual loving families.

"Spend time with my kids? gently caress that they don't pay rent!"

It's a hard life.

WIVES. AM I RIGHT?

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/992027736305815552

It's okay, Matt, she can't hurt you here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe he wouldn't have to sleep on the couch if he ever left the loving garage and spent time with his family or did something for them.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

What is the alternative to setting up the Man Cave in the garage or a spare room?

Ban the wife from the living room? Make her sleep in a separate maids' quarters?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

VitalSigns posted:

What is the alternative to setting up the Man Cave in the garage or a spare room?

Ban the wife from the living room? Make her sleep in a separate maids' quarters?

Being happily married and loving your wife.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

VitalSigns posted:

Actually enjoying your wife and family's company and having a home with a pleasant atmosphere and shared interests and tastes?

I haven't looked but I assume its a lock that in the responses there's an exchange that goes "Where's the Woman Space?/Its the Kitchen/Nursery."

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
childish little boys have a Man Cave

real men have a Study

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Spun Dog posted:

The words are in English but they dont make any sense...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

boner confessor posted:

childish little boys have a Man Cave

real men have a Study

I'd bet money Matt Walsh has a Man Cave and a Personal Office. He might even have his own bathroom.

When will men find their safe spaces?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

STAC Goat posted:

I'd bet money Matt Walsh has a Man Cave and a Personal Office. He might even have his own bathroom.

When will men find their safe spaces?

Picturing more of a scourging cloister.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Spun Dog posted:

STAC Goat posted:

Actually enjoying your wife and family's company and having a home with a pleasant atmosphere and shared interests and tastes?

OK but what's the alternative if you're Matt Walsh

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

OK but what's the alternative if you're Matt Walsh

yelling at the branch library assistant manager

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Conservatives are just flat out loving weird. I can't relate to Republicans at all. The only ones I understand are the ones that at least admit that everything in their life centers around money and individualism. They're still wrong headed, of course, but at least I get the motivation.

The vast majority of them just leave me frustrated and wanting. Rush Limbaugh explained to me today, in full detail, how Trump being blatantly caught in a lie about payments to Stormy Daniels weren't really lies. Just part of the never ending liberal trick.

It's astonishing watching roughly 40% of the population become utterly and totally brainwashed.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

it's easy to pick someone who is 'on your side', project on to them whatever you want, and implicitly assume that anything negative you hear about them are just attacks - by extension, on you personally. you only need a sliver of justification to keep this up, and Limbaugh & Co provide this.

There arn't gatekeepers anymore who can draw a line and say 'this is unacceptable' - if not Limbaugh, then Hannity or wannabes or someone would step up and provide cover. There'll always be someone selling you what you want to hear in today's media environment.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 3, 2018

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I honestly can never tell if Kanye is doing a bit or not

he's getting called out,

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
alex was having an extremely normal one yesterday

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/991840922068434945

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

In other words, Matt's having marital problems.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Neil Cavuto, a Fox News host, tore into Trump today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcw8aoGxgss

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Fearless posted:

That's some quality tap dancing around the word 'liar'.

You're not evil or a liar but here's an example and another and another of you saying the opposite of reality

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Fearless posted:

Neil Cavuto, welcome to the Resistance

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Fearless posted:

This just made my day. I'm gonna spread it around.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Conservatives are just flat out loving weird. I can't relate to Republicans at all. The only ones I understand are the ones that at least admit that everything in their life centers around money and individualism. They're still wrong headed, of course, but at least I get the motivation.

The vast majority of them just leave me frustrated and wanting. Rush Limbaugh explained to me today, in full detail, how Trump being blatantly caught in a lie about payments to Stormy Daniels weren't really lies. Just part of the never ending liberal trick.

It's astonishing watching roughly 40% of the population become utterly and totally brainwashed.
People hate being wrong about something they're really invested in, and they will do all sorts of mental gymnastics before admitting they're wrong.

When you have people like Rush Limbaugh, a whole industry built around doing those gymnastics on a national scale, it's pretty easy to just stay wrong because there's a (far-fetched, ridiculous) explanation for any skepticism you may have heard and you've been directed to avoid contrary opinions.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

eNeMeE posted:

That's some quality tap dancing around the word 'liar'.
"I'm not saying you're a pathological liar, I'm just saying it's hard to defend you against the media calling you one when you lie all the loving time."

Grade A concern trolling.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Fearless posted:

....why? :psyduck:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

BiggerBoat posted:

There are various flavors of it and you could probably make a whole thread on it (including everything in this one), but whatever intellectual backing it had has mostly evaporated and been replaced by the coalition of "whatever liberals are doing is bad," fueled by a news media ecosystem that's hypersaturated with "the crazy liberals are at it again!" and other fear mongering.

It's also not just a problem of facts but of emphasis, like the problem with a site like Breitbart isn't just the amount of poo poo they publish that's factually wrong, it's the bigger picture that it paints via what it decides is and isn't newsworthy, like when they dedicated stupid amounts of column space to whining about Antifa.

Now compound that with social media, which encourages the sharing of the most outragious clickbaity articles possible, to your friends of probably similar ideological persuasion, and you wind up with a bunch of people in a world where that sort of thing is literally all they ever hear about "the Left."

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

People hate being wrong about something they're really invested in, and they will do all sorts of mental gymnastics before admitting they're wrong.

When you have people like Rush Limbaugh, a whole industry built around doing those gymnastics on a national scale, it's pretty easy to just stay wrong because there's a (far-fetched, ridiculous) explanation for any skepticism you may have heard and you've been directed to avoid contrary opinions.

True. There's also mountains of stories and facts that a large segment of the population not only doesn't believe. A lot of people never even HEAR a lot of them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ButNoPotato/status/992118575715536897

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

OneEightHundred posted:

It's also not just a problem of facts but of emphasis, like the problem with a site like Breitbart isn't just the amount of poo poo they publish that's factually wrong, it's the bigger picture that it paints via what it decides is and isn't newsworthy, like when they dedicated stupid amounts of column space to whining about Antifa.

I'm sure the focus on stuff like Antifa and Soros is to cement the "both sides do it" mentality.

It's easier to accept your nazis and psychopath billionaires' agenda after you convince yourself that it's Totally Normal and how politics works.