Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I'm going to have to wait another hour before I can eat chicken parm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
my hosed-up brain had to consider 'huh, I wonder where the cat is' for like 10 seconds before remembering oh yeah, he's dead.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Olive! posted:

my hosed-up brain had to consider 'huh, I wonder where the cat is' for like 10 seconds before remembering oh yeah, he's dead.

Oof, I still have several moments a day where I think "can't wait to tell my mom about this" or "I should get my dad's opinion" and then realize oh yeah they've been dead for a decade

Enjoy family while you can, goons :smith:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oof, I still have several moments a day where I think "can't wait to tell my mom about this" or "I should get my dad's opinion" and then realize oh yeah they've been dead for a decade

Enjoy family while you can, goons :smith:

Alright that's it, when I see my parents next I'm going to give them a big hug.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mikl posted:

Alright that's it, when I see my parents next I'm going to give them a big hug.

You should be doing this anyways. And always tell them you love them when you leave/say goodbye.

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here

Dave Grool posted:

You need to let the school know that this is happening, if he's making you too uncomfortable to attend class because of sexual remarks that is super not okay. If he's making you feel that way for sure you're not the only one.

e: even if the school sucks and does nothing about him you should at least be able to get withdrawn from the class, don't take a lovely grade cause the professor is a creep

I put it in my survey of the class and let the dean know, and I'm re-taking the class with a professor I am comfortable with next semester. I appreciate the suggestion, we'll see what happens (though I doubt anything, apparently he's been there like 30+ years and multiple people have complained).

That's also thankfully the only class I'd ever need to interact with him in but jeez. Private college politics I guess.

e: Also I didn't drop the class sooner because I needed the hours to be considered full time. To not have that happen again I'm taking a few extra hours of gen eds so if I need to drop anything in the future I won't have the same issue.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I had a huge argument with some of the people who live in my block of flats and I will probably have to get the building manager involved. No matter how many times I (and other people) tell them, some of the tenants insist on keeping the goddamn fire doors separating the building from the garage WIDE OPEN. "But it improves air circulation!" they would say. You know what else it improves? THE CHANCES OF A FIRE SPREADING FROM THE GARAGE TO THE REST OF THE BUILDING. "But it's hooooooot in this building!" OPEN A loving WINDOW OR USE AIR CONDITIONING.

It's not even like they LEAVE the fire doors open, because those doors shut on their own and don't stay open... Unless someone takes a brick or a big rock and uses it as a doorstop to keep the door from closing.

And these are the same people who despite building rules saying you have to put out your trashcan the evening of the day before the garbage men come and take it back in after collection the following day, leave their trash can out for days on end.

:cripes: Jesus Christ, some people

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

One of my coworkers said some pretty terrible poo poo to me today and I haven't had a chance to vent with anyone because I've been stuck with her all day.

And then at the end of the day I had a mousetrap snap on my finger that's deeply scarred from a monkey bite.

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 20:42 on Apr 22, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I pulled a muscle in my neck and/or back, so my range of motion in my neck/back is hindered.

I feel like I'm walking around wearing the Michael Keaton Batman suit just to avoid it hurting.

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

Had a breakup the week before finals. this is illegal amounts of stress

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I believe in you Judas, kick those finals' asses!

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

Thanks! :)

Good luck to anyone else with upcoming finals. Seems like it's been a rough semester for a lot of people.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Got the same food poisoning my partner had over the weekend. At least he's recovered enough by now to run the errands for me that I was running for him on Saturday...

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I can't stop drinking and the fact that I'm supposed to go on one of the biggest musical tours in the world as a crew member is freaking me out. I don't know how to deal with this, it's very new thing to me and I don't know who to go to for help

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 07:20 on Apr 24, 2018

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I tried to call my mother a few nights ago to ask her for reassurance on an emotional matter and she mocked me on speakerphone with my stepfather and grandmother. I tried calling her several times the last few days to hash things out but she was always busy with buying a literal horse farm to fulfill some childhood dream. Tonight she finally answered, asking me to go to my grandmother's house after my shift to move furniture. I told her to gently caress off.

Aesop-- I don't think anyone would know what they're doing in your situation. Stay away from the obvious self-destruction habits and take it as it comes.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
just stubbed my little toe so hard

so hard

it's been like twenty minutes and it still hurts real bad. was literally about to go to gym and now I can hardly walk

holy gently caress

my toe

jesus

this is the worst thing that's ever happened

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Someone my brother in law knows was apparently given a Starlight Tour.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saskatoon_freezing_deaths

Fortunately he's alive.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Jeza posted:

just stubbed my little toe so hard

so hard

it's been like twenty minutes and it still hurts real bad. was literally about to go to gym and now I can hardly walk

holy gently caress

my toe

jesus

this is the worst thing that's ever happened

Hope it isn't broken. My sister once broke her toe kicking a door jamb, spiral fracture so they had to twist it back into place. Worst part for her, though, was that the doc didn't wait long enough for the local to kick in, so she had to feel it get twisted back.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lost my optical glasses on the way to work.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

taiyoko posted:

Hope it isn't broken. My sister once broke her toe kicking a door jamb, spiral fracture so they had to twist it back into place. Worst part for her, though, was that the doc didn't wait long enough for the local to kick in, so she had to feel it get twisted back.

That sounds terrible. Fortunately, it was not broken, and if it is a fracture it is very minor. Do have a fist sized bruise rainbow bruise and was hardly able to walk for two days lol. Still limping but at least I can actually go outside.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

I'm currently sitting in the office at 5:18pm on a Friday waiting for a meeting from 5:30-6:30. I have to do this when I would normally have left at 4 since it's so beautiful out, because I now live in Germany and the team I'm meeting with are mostly US based.

Oh and also, whenever I do get out today is the start of a 4 day weekend for me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

When I got a tiny fracture in one of my toes, it was right where the tendon attaches so every time I would move it it pulled on the fracture and gently caress did it ever hurt.

Taping it to the toe beside it to keep it still really helped and the pain pretty much stopped.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

A friend of mine went to watch Infinity War yesterday, and decided it would be a good idea to plaster a huge loving spoiler about it on their Facebook wall :argh:

Emergency Squid
Dec 29, 2009
I've been working full time at stupid hours for a friend and have only been paid $200 in the last two months.

Also it seemed like every elderly person on the road was hell bent on crashing into my car this morning.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm staying in a hotel room that has a low volume high pitched ringing noise emanating from somewhere that I have entirely failed to search out and it's making me feel like I have tinnitus

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I heard two songs today that make me weep uncontrollably and I HAVE NO IDEA WHY. There’s no memory tied to either of them. I guess just the chords and notes strike a ...chord.. with me?

It really sucks to try to hide loving tears that come when some song comes on.

It’s only these 2 song:

Boys of Summer by Don Henley

And

Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd

But ESPECIALLY Boys of Summer

It just sucks cause I hate crying and I feel like emotional pain hearing them and bleh.

E: I am dumb and started playing Bous of Summer and started crying. I hate my brain.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 02:02 on Apr 30, 2018

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
newest coworker keeps saying homophobic poo poo when he thinks I'm not in the room

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

InediblePenguin posted:

newest coworker keeps saying homophobic poo poo when he thinks I'm not in the room

Get HR involved.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Mikl posted:

Get HR involved.

there is no hr. local business with fewer than 15 employees.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

InediblePenguin posted:

there is no hr. local business with fewer than 15 employees.

Haul him out back with a tire iron.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That might make it harder, but you still need to tell management and make sure they document you telling them.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This entire week has been lovely, since by sheer coincidence we moved from our apartment to our first home (which is stressful enough), but also had to help my dad clean out our old family home before it sold*.

We're currently in the "oh poo poo, we need to address change / zip code change ~this~, which we forgot to do before because our brain cells were spent on the move" phase. Everything physical is in place, but it's amazing how much digital stuff you have on your phone/computers that say you live in X, or your billing zip code is Y, etc. poo poo, I still have to correct some auto fills that still think I'm living in the aforementioned family house.

* A case of "not my problem but I care about the person whose problem it is", but it seems my Dad and the potential new owners of the house are being shitheads to each other. Final inspection was yesterday, and the new owners are squawking about the most pointless things, asking to have the price dropped. In turn, my dad is being kinda a dink about it, and I'm kinda worried it'll sour the deal.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Warning: Picture of legs.

A few weeks ago I finally caved/cracked my eggshell and agreed with myself that I needed to make some changes. This morning, I attempted the first of those changes as a kind of self-test, and cut myself shaving pretty bad. Still bleeding a few hours later - that's what I get for using my dull face DE blade on my legs. Also, could be from over-caffeination or dehydration, but my hands pruned up like a motherfucker.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I have the day off today, but I spent the last three hours bouncing back and forth between Cigna and the Health Insurance Marketplace trying to figure out why my health insurance policy was cancelled a month ago without notice. I was so ready to accept the blame but it turns out Cigna just hosed up and cancelled my health insurance for no reason. Reinstated now but my morning is gone

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bit the inside of my cheek, so I've got a day or two of it hurting because it's a swollen open wound, followed by a few days where it hurts because it's a swollen canker sore... and those few days will be filled with re-biting it because it's swollen.

(I couldn't decide if this is a FWP or simply a thing to whine about)

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

That might make it harder, but you still need to tell management and make sure they document you telling them.

what makes this fun is, he got hired because he's a friend of the manager, and ever since he started the manager has started also saying phobic poo poo when originally the reason i got this job was bc the manager was cool with me being a giant queer trans :)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lawyer up I guess. You'll still need to bring it up to management, document it yourself, and give them a chance to fix it before that though.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

It's my understanding that the laws which would theoretically be applicable here only apply to employers with more employees

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No. Hostile environments and wrongful firings apply to businesses of any size. You're thinking of things like healthcare and unemployment insurance and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

ok cool, that is heartening