Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

The Ninth Layer posted:

Thank you for your service :911:

You’re welcome. Please make a smilie with a crying Slime in front of a Japanese flag.

Should I make a dedicated thread for the contest? Want to remind people DQ exists. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Himuro posted:

Please make a smilie with a crying Slime in front of a Japanese flag.
This should exist.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This should exist.

But ooze goonna deslime it?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

HPanda posted:

But ooze goonna deslime it?

Not me, slime an ideas man.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Himuro posted:

You’re welcome. Please make a smilie with a crying Slime in front of a Japanese flag.

Should I make a dedicated thread for the contest? Want to remind people DQ exists. :smith:

Come to think of it this could be a good way to open up a new Dragon Quest thread, this one's 7 years old and DQ11 is just a few months away for the US.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Do we have a US Switch release date yet? Should wait on that clearly :911:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Do we have a US Switch release date yet? Should wait on that clearly :911:

There isn't even a JP Switch release date yet.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Himuro posted:

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 4, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm playing DQ5 and am currently rolling with me, Harry, a hammerhead and a slime, with a snowman in reserve. I'm at the temple where you get the mirror of truth, is this a decent team or should I find some other monsters. I haven’t been able to get any Slime Knights to join despite fighting a lot of them around Coburg.

This is on Android.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Bad apples are super good since they have great stats in everything and have a solid spell list. They hit their level cap of 20 towards the end of the second act but that’s still a lot of mileage. Beyond that just roll with whatever lucky recruits you get, the MC basically being the healer gives you a lot of versatility in your setups.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Petition to name this :dq11:

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

It’s beautiful!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Chachi posted:

Petition to name this :slime:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Not :gooon:?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I mean, I saved it internally as :119:, whether or not you enjoy that pun is on you. :p

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

HPanda posted:

Not :gooon:?

:slime11:

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
DQ6 and 7 report. 27 and 38 hours in, respectively.

I'm stuck in both atm. In 6 at a boss in Weaver's Peak and don't even know in 7. Cleared Nottagen and Providence. My rear end in a top hat uncle sold the orb but neither he nor the buyer is nowhere to be found. The guy in castle says there's a tower with a hero somewhere but there's like four huge towers in the game.

The problem with boss in 6 is probably me being underleveled. My main guy is lvl 31. Sap and Kasap dosn't work, Kabuff does little.

Problem is, I'm really burnt out on both games. There's too many fights, most of the time it feels like I'm just collecting exp and job points. The plot in 6 is a bit too simple for me to keep playing. I did care about the cast of 4 and 5, 6 leaves me cold in that regard. 7 is just too big and repetitive. I'e even grown to hate the music because the same four tunes have been playing over and over for the last 40 hours. And still after all this time I've only seen four characters, one of which left. Combat is just piss easy because my team has so many skills and spells no one really can harm them.

I think I'll leave both and move on to 8. I got 4 hours in that one but that was more than a year ago so I'll just start over.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
6 feels like the black sheep of the Zenithian games to me even if I did like the world map gimmick. I dropped 7 when I got stuck with the most vague loving hint of looking for some random guy.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
7 took me 120 hours. If you're feeling like that 38 hours in, dropping it is a good idea. I actually thought the best town stories were in the beginning too.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Some were incredible, like that town (should I spoilertag this?) with people turned to stone except for one guy who set out to find a cure and when he finally did all of the statues deteriorated to the point he couldn't rescue anyone. It didn't have any combat too, loved that one.

Nottagen was literally beat three different waves of monsters. And in Providence they put a dungeon between the town and the temple and I had to clear that dungeon like six or seven times during the quest.

e: I just remembered that I tamed some monsters but everytime I warp to the monster meadow it's completely empty. I just don't understand this game.

Terminally Bored fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 7, 2018

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Terminally Bored posted:

Some were incredible, like that town (should I spoilertag this?) with people turned to stone except for one guy who set out to find a cure and when he finally did all of the statues deteriorated to the point he couldn't rescue anyone. It didn't have any combat too, loved that one.

Nottagen was literally beat three different waves of monsters. And in Providence they put a dungeon between the town and the temple and I had to clear that dungeon like six or seven times during the quest.

e: I just remembered that I tamed some monsters but everytime I warp to the monster meadow it's completely empty. I just don't understand this game.

Providence is by far the lowest point in the game imo. The monster meadow is made up of several different sections that each needs its own blueprint, so your monsters are probably just attached to a biome you haven't found yet. The dude your uncle sold the orb to is the richest man in the world and you've probably heard about his various summer homes all over the place

But also if you're forty hours into it and not digging it you're probably not gonna change your mind at this point, and that's okay!

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Terminally Bored posted:

This was my favorite in the whole game. And it's much better in the original than in the remake, I've heard.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

That whole section just feels so very empty and sad and I'm amazed how well the game conveys it

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Gonna say that my fav dragon quest joke is the town of Notagen

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Zere Rocks is pretty high up there, imho, but Nottagan is top tier, it’s literally a town that exists to get dunked on.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

So, apparently Walmart Canada listed a bunch of unreleased games like Borderlands 3, Rage 2, and Dragon Quest 2 on their website. It's listed for PS4 and Xbox One. I assume this is either Builders 2 or just plain old incorrect, but who knows?
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/dragon-quest-2-ps4/6000198427792

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

So, apparently Walmart Canada listed a bunch of unreleased games like Borderlands 3, Rage 2, and Dragon Quest 2 on their website. It's listed for PS4 and Xbox One. I assume this is either Builders 2 or just plain old incorrect, but who knows?
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/dragon-quest-2-ps4/6000198427792

there's no way anyone's making a sequel to Rage.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I wouldn't have thought so either, but Bethesda has actually been teasing an announcment on twitter since Walmart posted that.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I thought the consensus was that whoever made that list mistook 11 for II.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Also it had Beyond Good and Evil 2, so I suspected that it was a wishlist of sorts from an employee, since that game is never coming out. :sigh:

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

You know that they released gameplay footage of BGaE2 in the past week, right? Like, I'm not saying it'll definitely come out, but it's not a dead or forgotten project.

quick edit: Here's the video. There's a lot of dev face-talking, and several shots get reused to match up with what the devs are saying, but it's not a lost cause by any means.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_F-Hh4xs4

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

They've hurt me before :ohdear:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You're worried about a game with actual gameplay footage, but not Final Fantasy 7 remake which they're literally hiring core members as of last week?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Tae posted:

You're worried about a game with actual gameplay footage, but not Final Fantasy 7 remake which they're literally hiring core members as of last week?

The difference is se are experts at blowing smoke and posturing with prerendered battle footage and then five years later they scrap down the entire thing and start over while making a mea culpa statement where they go on about how they were too ambitious and Nomura sama was too bust working on other projects (that are also stuck in development hell) as they buckle down and really start working and after another four years they're finally working on the version of the game that will be released (and then spend another full year after release patching it so that it actually plays ok)

Ubi are still new at that type of game

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

Tae posted:

One of those games I care about, and the other, I don't? :shrug:

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

43rd hour of DQ7: Maribel left. I didn't care for her as a character but she was my sage and now I don't have multiheal anymore and life is hell. That cloud boss wipes out my team and has a shitload of hp.

I think I'll have to grind Ruff to sage or something.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I've played too much RPG games to know that I should never rely on an any character besides the main one for heals.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Terminally Bored posted:

43rd hour of DQ7: Maribel left. I didn't care for her as a character but she was my sage and now I don't have multiheal anymore and life is hell. That cloud boss wipes out my team and has a shitload of hp.

What are your vocations now? Paladin gets Multiheal and most of the other ones have some kind of busted poo poo.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Terminally Bored posted:

This doesn't help you now, but she will come back and nobody else leaves even temporarily ever again. Also that cloud boss was a total roadblock for me too and I did in fact get around it by grinding classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

rumble in the bunghole posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H_Fsyje2nA :agesilaus: