Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
That shot of the sunset as they're heading back was gorgeous though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Some very good food and excellent cats in the new Yotsuiro Biyori :kimchi:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Comic Girls has been a surprise of the season for me, I was not expecting much at all.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Neeksy posted:

Comic Girls has been a surprise of the season for me, I was not expecting much at all.

Can you elaborate on this a bit? Because I watched the first episode and nothing grabbed me despite having zero expectations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Nipponophile posted:

Can you elaborate on this a bit? Because I watched the first episode and nothing grabbed me despite having zero expectations.

The show is thirsty AF and knows exactly which demographic it wants to target, and doesn't bite off more than it can chew. If you didn't find it interesting immediately you can safely assume you're not the target audience.

Specific example: I'm not sure how many boobsize jokes it too many, but I think the show is about to prove where that line is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

The show is thirsty AF and knows exactly which demographic it wants to target, and doesn't bite off more than it can chew. If you didn't find it interesting immediately you can safely assume you're not the target audience.

Specific example: I'm not sure how many boobsize jokes it too many, but I think the show is about to prove where that line is.
sure making this show sound, uh, *checks notes*

good?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The actual material being adapted in Comic Girls feels to me like B-List Manga Time Kirara as opposed to some of its best, but that's still okay if you're in the mood for it, and the adaptation itself is kind of shockingly good. Show's REALLY pretty and well animated.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

sure making this show sound, uh, *checks notes*

good?

It's Anaconda's gimmick

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Comic Girls has generally been very funny and very gay, so it's good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the 'manga creators talking shop and the ways their personalities and work influence the direction of scenes they're in' stuff in the two eps of the show i watched were really strong, but the boob gags were really tired. and it felt like every character had some gimmick slapped onto them that they really didnt need. like the girl that writes shonen manga is a low-energy tomboy whos kind of cool but tends to just go with the flow, that's an alright character, you don't need to slap a chuuni gimmick onto her. it came so out of nowhere and just made me groan. idk how much they reference it in later stuff, but just the fact that it's there at all felt really lazy.

ill still probably watch all of it when its done just because i like p. much every kirara manga time anime to some extent and there was enough there that i dug in the first two eps, but i had pretty mixed feelings on it.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I wanted to watch an anime where high school manga artists live in a dorm together and get to know each other's genres and the one who does chuuni shounens is voiced by Takahashi Rie (megumin) and that casting decision is very intentional and one of them draws eromanga (big fan) so there's plenty of lewd and lewd jokes and the main char is the Big Mood because she kind of uh, teacher voice, needs improvement and gets rejected by her editor all the time but she's doing her rubesty. that's what Comic Girls is. also the fourth girl has food crumbs on her face a lot

for the record manga time kirara has had irl JK mangaka though of the ones I know their stuff isn't translated and I dunno how old they are now, like if theyve graduated since. must be a trip for them to watch this

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Speaking of mangaka, anyone reading the new thing by the author of Jitsu Wa? Feels like it’s starting to get good.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I want a Destruction Flag Otome adaptation......

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

for the record manga time kirara has had irl JK mangaka though of the ones I know their stuff isn't translated and I dunno how old they are now, like if theyve graduated since. must be a trip for them to watch this
well the comic girls author debuted at 15 in ribon with a manga that ran for about a year, from early 2000 to late 2000, and then didnt get another serialization until 2009, so i have to imagine some of chaos's stuff is based on lived experience

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Terper posted:

I want a Destruction Flag Otome adaptation......

We can only hope.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Endorph posted:

well the comic girls author debuted at 15 in ribon with a manga that ran for about a year, from early 2000 to late 2000, and then didnt get another serialization until 2009, so i have to imagine some of chaos's stuff is based on lived experience

Nine years? drat, to persevere for that long is impressive.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Umamusume is just tedious, with the exception of the hillarious racehorse names. It's giving me a retroactive appreciation for A Centaur's Life, though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Agronox posted:

Speaking of mangaka, anyone reading the new thing by the author of Jitsu Wa? Feels like it’s starting to get good.

Panda girl is extremely cute and moè

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hinamatsuri was amazing this week

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Guy Goodbody posted:

Hinamatsuri was amazing this week

Tags: Homelessness, Amateur Police Work, Accidental Bartending

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/992542547431116807

wait

what

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Live action adaptations are pretty common and to my understanding probably more mainstream than anime ones in cases.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I know, I just was surprised that there was one for Kakegurui already. I hadn't heard anything about its existence.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Space Flower posted:

I wanted to watch an anime where high school manga artists live in a dorm together and get to know each other's genres and the one who does chuuni shounens is voiced by Takahashi Rie (megumin) and that casting decision is very intentional and one of them draws eromanga (big fan) so there's plenty of lewd and lewd jokes and the main char is the Big Mood because she kind of uh, teacher voice, needs improvement and gets rejected by her editor all the time but she's doing her rubesty. that's what Comic Girls is. also the fourth girl has food crumbs on her face a lot

did the irl JK mangaka also get to live in a beautiful old house on a spacious plot in one of the most expensive neighborhoods of tokyo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everybody, Franxx has a new OP. it's good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

really nice looking box

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

why would you tempt me like this

e: ah nevermind, looks like the usual places don't offer the bonus items

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 5, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Today's GGO was ENORMOUS fun. That show's easily my pleasant surprise of the season so far.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dogsicle posted:

It's probably cheaper than buying real gems, at least.

Also GGO is real good and fun, please watch it everynyan.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

worth it just to touch Phos's box

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i already have ichikawa's artbook where the cover is all naked gems so I'm probably good

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dogsicle posted:

i already have ichikawa's artbook where the cover is all naked gems so I'm probably good

You can see all of their facets.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Davincie posted:

really nice looking box

thats a box of rocks

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blhue posted:

thats a box of rocks