Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Bungo just sacrificed the people who were actually wishing to run the endgame content to get power to the altar of the "LFG gods", while introducing instead a sherpa bonus with bright engrams. :ironicat:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
What does any of that even mean

English please

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
'k dude

quote:

* Guided Games will now feature a Leviathan Guide emblem that tracks the number of raid encounters and raids a player has completed as a Guide.
* This emblem rewards a unique aura for 14 days after a player completes a raid as a Guide.
* Once a week while the aura is active, guiding a raid to completion grants one Bright Engram.

[...]

* Weekly lockouts for raid and raid lair rewards are now class-based.
* Players running multiple characters of the same class will receive rewards only the first time they run the raid or raid lair in a given week.

Also rip guy who ran as a warlock 3 times from 0 to 20 in vanilla D1 just to run VoG multiple times and drop those goddamn boots.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
The simple fact of the matter is there just aren't that many six man teams... so sticking them into orbit to rot for 10 minutes is a good way to drive people who take the time to play a team base game as a team onto some other game.

SBMM is fine as long as it doesn't contribute to lag, cause match making delays and there is some reward for skill.

The first two are always a trade off and thumbs up for bungie actually doing something about the third.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Oh yeah and when there are other stacks playing and your in a stack you match them instantly. This is how the game already works

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Why on earth would you have three of the same class

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Waffle House posted:

Then why nerf it?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

limaCAT posted:

Then why nerf it?

People do dumb and bad things, WoW had a thing where tokens would be used next patch to do a thing and people were supergrinding and stockpiling.

They had to make it so the tokens would drop 10x more post patch and the thing costed 10x more to avoid this

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!
Hey guys, is this like D1 yet? I finally
Finished CoO last night.

Should I clan up again?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
lmao imagine complaining about stacking IB

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Stormgale posted:

People do dumb and bad things, WoW had a thing where tokens would be used next patch to do a thing and people were supergrinding and stockpiling.

They had to make it so the tokens would drop 10x more post patch and the thing costed 10x more to avoid this
That situation also happened in Destiny, and is not analogous to what was being discussed.

You’d limit things in the token situation to stop people getting everything/the good poo poo immediately as the new content drops so your “engagement” doesn’t drop as quickly so you keep subscribed or “engaged” with the game.

What’s the harm with a small amount of people running the content 3x to get stuff for 1 character in a subscription-less game? It’ll still take a while, there’s already a weekly limit on drops (per character) so all you’re doing is reducing the loot pool a bit.

It’s lame.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 4, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

elpaganoescapa posted:

So we're getting Rasputin, Charlemagne, a worm god and Nokris in just one small expansion? What are they saving for Destiny 3?

Something brand new that's never been mentioned before, hopefully

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I haven't played since like two weeks after the game came out and I'll be honest I'm kinda curious to see what this overhaul will bring

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

haveblue posted:

Nezarac is gonna burst into the tower Kramer-style and be all like "yo dudes I'm your new bad guy now lol gg" and skate out on his Wheelies.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

IronSaber posted:

Nezarac is gonna burst into the tower Kramer-style and be all like "yo dudes I'm your new bad guy now lol gg" and skate out on his Wheelies.

Thank goodness for the Summit, Bungie gets told no turkeys in the Tower and came back with this.

Finally they're hearing us.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Neep posted:

Should I clan up again?

Triple warlock is prohibited!!!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
the single class weekly lockout on raids is because they found a bug that let people with 3 classes hit max light in warmind in 3 days

Hope This Helps

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Waffle House posted:

I will give you two reasons,

Is a good thing. I knew a guy that only played titan since release, and nothing else and he completelly mastered every titan thing. But me, by changing class every few hours, would not have that level of skill with the titan, despite loving the class.

Also sometimes you want to be the best at a videogame, and beat other people playing videogames. is that a weird idea? by having 3 of the same class, use to be possible to boost loot to have more loot than everyone else sooner, beating the other guys.

(image is not related)

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 4, 2018

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Why wasn't Tei invited to the summit? Should have replaced Datto with him.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SUNKOS posted:

Why wasn't Tei invited to the summit? Should have replaced Datto with him.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Replace everyone everywhere with Tei tbh, but why do people seem to hate Datto so much? He appears to me to be an innocuous enough video game nerd. He even shares the related interest of being highkey disappointed with Destiny, yet totally unable to walk away from it like that rest of us braingeniou-

Oh, oh wait, I see. It's the revulsion of self recognition

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

the thing with datto for me is that he’s just insanely boring. like, slayerage does wild poo poo in PvE and folks like kraftyy or whoever we’re PvP gods but datto has just always been super average and run of the mill, which makes his popularity really mystifying to me

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Hasn't his gimmick always been his number crunching?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

PSA: Xur has the Colony

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

No real new info except for a shot of one of the level 7 waves at 0:50
EDIT: and new Sunshot ornament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZen51jMu6Y

Roman fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 4, 2018

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
looks like we get new rounded sparrows, because d2 just doubles the gently caress down on rounded everything

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Angry Walrus posted:

looks like we get new rounded sparrows, because d2 just doubles the gently caress down on rounded everything

I hope they have flared bases too

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

How! posted:

I hope they have flared bases too

go on

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Angry Walrus posted:

its bad op

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

There is also a new Exotic energy gun at 1:02. (Exotics have custom hud icons)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Roman posted:

some do and some don't, and I can't figure out why that is.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

agreed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

some do and some don't, and I can't figure out why that is.

Probably the ones that are "archetype but with weird stuff that procs sometimes" don't rate a custom icon but the ones whose appearance and behavior are too far from the norm for their class get special treatment.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i thought that, but i'm almost positive that like, fighting lion uses the default appearance

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

the thing with datto for me is that he’s just insanely boring. like, slayerage does wild poo poo in PvE and folks like kraftyy or whoever we’re PvP gods but datto has just always been super average and run of the mill, which makes his popularity really mystifying to me

His opinions are generally good and he articulates himself well. Plus he's been around since the very start about a couple of years before the game came out.

QuasiQuack posted:

Hasn't his gimmick always been his number crunching?

And that

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Datto is also pretty good about getting straight to the point and does not constantly upload videos for every single new thing about Destiny.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Apparently this Hive protocol thing is gonna require Titans with bubbles seeing how many shots of them are in that video, some with saint 14s helm, but the bubble sucks now, so what

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

Found out it's called the Polaris Lance. It's Ana Bray's scout rifle and the perk is that if you get 3 precision shots, the 5th is a delayed explosive solar round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

haveblue posted:

Darkness-powered guardians... Nah, we'll never getting that