Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Hav posted:

The following image is not at all relevant to your post, but I feel that humanity should see the horrific effect of animal testing.

That's the real face of the CiG intern.

Well it fits because I suppose he's off to hit Glassdoor on his way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ManBearCat posted:

Sandi will be so pissed when she finds out she got cut out even of this avatar. :ohdear:

(Thanks!)

:eyepop:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Isn't today the big dinner date?

Whales have agreed to pay
To get closer to Roberts' toupée

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LOL, a mite touchy aren't they?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

SoftNum posted:

Also do we have a goon on the inside at this weird shindig today?

We do, but not as one of the paying guests.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Quavers posted:

:siren: CitizenCon tickets selling fast! :siren:

Of the 600 Premium tickets, ALL have sold! :toot:

Of the 1800 Standard tickets, 537 have sold! :negative:

Wait, do they usually sell 2,400 tickets to citizencons? I never paid attention before but those theaters they keep renting seem to only seat like a couple hundred people max. Are they going all out this year?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Wait, do they usually sell 2,400 tickets to citizencons? I never paid attention before but those theaters they keep renting seem to only seat like a couple hundred people max. Are they going all out this year?

It's in Texas this year.
Everything is bigger in Texas.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

VictorianQueerLit posted:

2,400 seems like a lot to me too, both for theater size, and amount of people willing to pay to travel long distances to a marketing event.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

XK posted:

2,400 seems like a lot to me too, both for theater size, and amount of people willing to pay to travel long distances to a marketing event.

Ever heard of Blizzcon? 35,000 people last year. Tickets tend to sell out in a matter of seconds.

They've had to expand the Anaheim Convention Center several times, just for Blizzcon.

Shadowlyger fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 4, 2018

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shadowlyger posted:

Ever heard of Blizzcon? 35,000 people last year. Tickets tend to sell out in a matter of seconds.

lol

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: Star Citizen 2018 Honest Rant Refundians and CIG PC's (21:9)

KyPoorShot offers a quick take on streamer PCs, SomethingAwful, and the Zealots attacking those seeking refunds. He’s opted to pursue one himself after a two week break from Star Citizen lead to a moment of clarity.

Good luck and goonspeed, sir.

Fidelity physics in all 20 FPS glory #sponsored

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/257513817

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Shadowlyger posted:

Evil publishers and their mindless, drooling, console kiddies.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Ok. What's the deal with the bears?

It's like "V" but instead of lovely actors pretending to be space lizards hiding in human bodies pretending to live normal lives while preparing to take over the world we have bears hiding in human bodies pretending to make a video game while actively fracking whales.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

big nipples big life posted:

what causes one's brain to think that bear photoshops are evidence of a grand hate conspiracy?

An enlarged citizengland.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

G0RF posted:

World's First Look at Red Dead Redemption 2

But... but... Chris has subsumption! HIS characters exist and Rockstar is supposed to be playing catch-up with HIM.

It's even better than RDR2! Why just point your hand cannon at a local merchant and they immediately go into a T-pose!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
For some reason I am suddenly overcome with the urge to see how Chris "Hurricane Hands" Roberts eats anything, what with his appendages flying about all the time.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

SoftNum posted:

Why is Anime Kyle making bedroom eyes.

I thought sanpaku represented danger, not a come-on. :shrug:

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

So when will David Hasslehoff be brought on as creative music director and score a few original songs while mocapping flying his (NOT) KITT CAR SPACE INFORCER?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Krycek posted:

Evil publishers and their mindless, drooling, console kiddies.

All of Blizzard's games are computer games. :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
*applause*

Welcome backers, thank you all for coming to this special occasion, a meet'n'greet with the one. The only. Chris Roberts!

*applause*

Now if you'll follow me, Chris is a little busy today, we shall head off to the luncheon room that we call a cafeteria. You may have seen it a few times on around the verse :wink:

*applause*

Anyways, its assigned seating so please only sit where your name tag is. Enjoy your complimentary potty pooper product and McDonalds happy meal. We had to confiscate the toys due to concerns from your parents that they may have been child hazards. Small objects and all, heh.

*applause*

Enjoy!

*applause*

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

especially sandwiched between ACL weekends, one of the biggest music festivals in the US

hotel prices are going to be loving insane

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh wow, I loving hate this person!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

*applause*

Welcome backers, thank you all for coming to this special occasion, a meet'n'greet with the one. The only. Chris Roberts!

*applause*

Now if you'll follow me, Chris is a little busy today, we shall head off to the luncheon room that we call a cafeteria. You may have seen it a few times on around the verse :wink:

*applause*

Anyways, its assigned seating so please only sit where your name tag is. Enjoy your complimentary potty pooper product and McDonalds happy meal. We had to confiscate the toys due to concerns from your parents that they may have been child hazards. Small objects and all, heh.

*applause*

Enjoy!

*applause*

And in the back you'll notice the loveable oaf Ben toiling away. He will be your chef for this tour

And... wait what's that Ben ? What is it boy? Chris is in trouble ?? Chris fell down a well ????

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
If Chris had designed X-wings;

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
It seems to me the calls of ‘this game is a game’ have been effectively silenced by 3.0/3.1

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pixelate posted:

It seems to me the calls of ‘this game is a game’ have been effectively silenced by 3.0/3.1

this game is a fetish, I agree

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Taintrunner posted:

this game is a fetish, I agree

It gives me the little death every time.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 4, 2018

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Hav posted:

If Chris had designed X-wings;

Such fudelitah!

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

My "call it" will be that in the far future, all that the name Star Citizen will ever be used for is a low effort troll post.
Like, you know how nowadays some particular lazy bum might say something like this to get a reaction?

quote:

Battlefront has perfectly fair multiplayer. It's not EA's problem you're too much of a poor, stingy bastard to pay for a proper, intended multiplayer experience. Maybe you should consider getting a real job so you can afford to play real games?

Well, that's really all that Star Citizen will be used for. Even though goons have developed a lot of memes over the years, nothing has really seeped into popular culture. So I doubt this game will even reach the ironic memetic potential of Daikatana's bitch-making . Even the JPEG sale will lose its meaning over time. No, the only way Star Citizen will ever pop up is in one of these :

quote:

Man, it's a shame Star Citizen never got made. That game really was all set to be the greatest game ever made. Too bad you poor trailer trash couldn't afford to drop a few bucks on a groundbreaking game. But what can you except when you stingy bastards get your games from the Indie Humble Bundle for a cent :)) . Maybe if more real, successful gamers would've pitched, we would have real games. But hey, go back to playing Destiny 3, so Bungie can keep stealth-nerfing your xp.
You're the reason gaming died last generation. So , enjoy it, losers

You know, when we're not getting de-skeletonized and forced to eat people meat, that is.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Pixelate posted:

The box-ball looks like something that could be a legitimately cool horror-themed setpiece.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Sample_text posted:

You know, when we're not getting de-skeletonized and forced to eat people meat, that is.

I believe it's called civil meat :colbert:

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Shadowlyger posted:

The box-ball looks like something that could be a legitimately cool horror-themed setpiece.

"The cargo has gained sentience. Subsumption was a mistaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa [forced into T-pose]"

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Pixelate posted:

At this point it's pretty clear the Stimpire writer is one of the main designers or the creative director.

Star Citizen is good.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
How long before Chris Roberts sees the Beyond Good or Evil 2 video and announces that Star Citizen will have jetpacks and they are mocapping martial artists? And not just one form of martial arts but many!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

big nipples big life posted:

and also street roller, basically any time anyone drew attention away from his little crusade he pitched a fit like a loving 3 year old.

I hope the guy is doing well. Wonder how his suit is coming along :smuggo:

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Shadowlyger posted:

They've had to expand the Anaheim Convention Center several times, just for Blizzcon.

The point isn't that there is an abundance of idiot nerds it's that CIG quadrupled the size of their 2017 convention which seemed odd. I don't think interest in the game has grown at all.

It isn't because they are in the US this year either because their past conventions in California at the height of the autistic fervor for spaceships weren't half this big.

Maybe it's just what venues are available at each location each year but I'll throw out the baseless speculation that they need to increase the amount of marks to scam in person. You get nerds whipped into a frenzy because they are meeting their hero and with an excited crowd so they are probably more likely to buy the spaceships you are going to be advertising to them with literal commercials during the presentation.

I don't think anyone keeps track but I'd be curious to see how MLM scams evolve and if they also would expand the quantity of potential marks to address cash flow issues.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 4, 2018

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
HUNDREDS of bears, these guys are unstoppable

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

I hope the guy is doing well. Wonder how his suit is coming along :smuggo:

Probably about as well as Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : Bear faced flyers.