Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
It's Tuesday and I've endured sixteen hours of agile scrum training class. Gonna drink the local taproom dry when i get home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

went to a place last night that had a 'trust the bartender' where you give them your preferred liquor and they make something

i said rye and got back a thing that had what i think was ginger beer and some grapefruit and some seltzer and it was delicious and perfect for a warm evening

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Agile Vector posted:

went to a place last night that had a 'trust the bartender' where you give them your preferred liquor and they make something

i said rye and got back a thing that had what i think was ginger beer and some grapefruit and some seltzer and it was delicious and perfect for a warm evening

that sounds absolutely ace and also i would go to that bar

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
the weather wasnt as good as i thought so instead i'm staying home and drinking some good good Green House Gin

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

drinkin a crowler of a local brew IPA grilling burgers. all is good in Texas

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

roboshit posted:

all is good in Texas

:clint:

currently at tired hands drinking beer

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Jonny 290 posted:

that sounds absolutely ace and also i would go to that bar

the jazz bar in my basement has that. it's called "bartender's choice" and you pick your liquor. they might ask you a couple questions, but they've always done something pretty cool with it.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Got a sixer of Potosi "Fiddler" Oatmeal Stout. Time to hang out and watch the storm roll-in.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
every good cocktail bartender will make you something on demand

don't drink cocktails at a place that has a menu ok

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i'll drink anywhere i god drat please

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
knob creek small batch on sale. l'chaim yospos

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Sorry but it’s still just high proof beam piss and real Jews prefer quality in our whiskey

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DELETE CASCADE posted:

high proof beam piss

thats usually in the morning, yeah

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I'm normally a wild turkey 101 dude. this is a nice change. well maybe just a change

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Sorry but it’s still just high proof beam piss and real Jews prefer quality in our whiskey

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
balvenie doublewood. yum.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Glans Dillzig posted:

balvenie doublewood. yum.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

roboshit posted:

drinkin a crowler of a local brew IPA grilling burgers. all is good in Texas

nice. i did this monday but with a black ale

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this reminds me of the time i went to this sports bar that prides itself on it selection of (domestic) drafts. i ordered a black and tan and the server came back and said the bartender didn't know what that was

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cat Face Joe posted:

i ordered a black and tan and

Why would you do this?

Cat Face Joe posted:

the server came back and said the bartender didn't know what that was

Much as a bartender has an obligation to try to cheer up depressives, he has an obligation to prevent assholes like you from ordering bad drinks.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

can you order half beers? like, thats like two half beers but in one glass, so what if two stout glasses? ive never thought about it, or asked

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

Why would you do this?

Much as a bartender has an obligation to try to cheer up depressives, he has an obligation to prevent assholes like you from ordering bad drinks.

everybody get a load of this guy

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Agile Vector posted:

can you order half beers? like, thats like two half beers but in one glass, so what if two stout glasses? ive never thought about it, or asked

the eternal argument of what is a pint?

i mean, you can get a beerback that's probably 6 or 8 oz? i like a fat tire for this purpose

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cat Face Joe posted:

everybody get a load of this guy

You're literally ordering the beer equivalent of "shaken, not stirred".

Also, the black and tans are literal war criminals. It's like ordering a "7th Cavalry". Hth.

E: Also, at a place with good beer you're ordering Guinness and Harp?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 4, 2018

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

what is your favorite cheap beer (lets say less than $2 before deposit for a tallboy)?

mine is narrangasett. i will have pbr if that is unavailable. i used to have yuengling but then i found out the owner/family were tools and i stopped buying it.

thanks and god bless.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Share Bear posted:

what is your favorite cheap beer (lets say less than $2 before deposit for a tallboy)?

mine is narrangasett. i will have pbr if that is unavailable. i used to have yuengling but then i found out the owner/family were tools and i stopped buying it.

thanks and god bless.

the one with the moon cowgirl on the bottle

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

prefect posted:

the one with the moon cowgirl on the bottle

this is good but it skunks very fast, you're gambling at some convenience stores if you get this

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

You're literally ordering the beer equivalent of "shaken, not stirred".

Also, the black and tans are literal war criminals. It's like ordering a "7th Cavalry". Hth.

E: Also, at a place with good beer you're ordering Guinness and Harp?

where did i say it had good beer

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Share Bear posted:

this is good but it skunks very fast, you're gambling at some convenience stores if you get this

high life doesn't skunk cause its made with hop oil

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

high life doesn't skunk cause its made with hop oil

then i guess i do not like high life

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Share Bear posted:

thanks and god bless.

whatever can get me drunk for pocket change. holsten maibock, faxe, whatever. bad is good

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Share Bear posted:

thanks and god bless.

its whatever but you cant beat 2.50 for a 6 pack

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Agile Vector posted:

some bars have half pints if you ask, yeah

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Share Bear posted:

thanks and god bless.

5.0 or oettinger. a crate of beer (20 bottles, 0,5l each) for like 6,50, sometimes less, and i don't give a poo poo how it tastes

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Share Bear posted:

then i guess i do not like high life

sorry, it's the best trash beer. i have a bunch of high life paraphernalia in the house as well

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
High Life is indeed a good poo poo-beer.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
♪ break me off a piece of that natty boh ♫

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Schadenboner posted:

High Life is indeed a good poo poo-beer.

it's actually the worst one, Rolling Rock is the best

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Captain Foo posted:

Rolling Rock is the best

An opinion literally worse than MGD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'