Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Mission accomplished!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Mind-reading is probably the most deeply overrated superpower. I mean hell, 90% of the time you'd be hearing poorly remembered disjointed loops of songs.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

and everyones honest opinion of you :emo:

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Krankenstyle posted:

and everyones honest opinion of you :emo:

Don't need a mind reading device for that, you piece of poo poo.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol if your self-esteem isn't low enough you don't assume everybody hates you

:smithcloud:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

lol you don't need to assume.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

marshmallow creep posted:

lol you don't need to assume.

:unsmith:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"Driven to Greatness"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/hVxF9MR.mp4

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That loaded way too fast, must have been a lucky 56k haver. I was stuck on 28.8k for way too drat long.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Ironically it didn't load properly in the app for me and I had to download it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Nope I don't get it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Krinkle posted:

Nope I don't get it.

He looks like Mr. Bean.

He interprets this to mean he looks like Sean Bean, whose character in Game of Thrones regularly said "Winter is coming."

The humorous irony comes at the end, when the other character, rather than contradicting the Mr. Bean lookalike, plays along with his resemblance to Mr. Sean Bean.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

As a child they said I looked like mr. bean so I'm just locked in to that interpretation and could only get up to "mr. bean isn't in game of thrones" before getting stuck.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

vyelkin posted:

He looks like Mr. Bean.

He interprets this to mean he looks like Sean Bean, whose character in Game of Thrones regularly said "Winter is coming."

The humorous irony comes at the end, when the other character, rather than contradicting the Mr. Bean lookalike, plays along with his resemblance to Mr. Sean Bean.

A joke has been told. It has been explained. It was, is and will be again...

A joke.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Krinkle posted:

Nope I don't get it.

The man in grey has a math problem in front of him. As he goes to solve it, it vanishes. As if to confirm the man’s terrible lot in life, the table then mocks him in a language he surely is unable to understand.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Also, the man he confuses for a bean is clearly a shaved Hitler.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Why did he erase '5-4'?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Paladinus posted:

Why did he erase '5-4'?

it says 5-9 and he realized it was the wrong way around

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Paladinus posted:

Why did he erase '5-4'?

He just died in Mario and had to start from 1-1 agian

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Paladinus posted:

Why did he erase '5-4'?
Is that the artist's signature, or was he so surprised he accidently wrote on the table?

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

We Know Catheters posted:

Cyanide and Happiness??
No, well, maybe. It was meant to be scale compared to the webcomic. On a long shot, I did an image search of what I came up with and I got this:

Which is what I was thinking of. But an image search of that only brings back an animated version of it which is apparently related to some sort of dancing pill meme. No webcomics of any kind come up on the search. My best guess is maybe my brain mixed up that image and the Cyanide and Happiness webcomic into one thing. Thanks anyway though,

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Quid posted:

No, well, maybe. It was meant to be scale compared to the webcomic. On a long shot, I did an image search of what I came up with and I got this:

Which is what I was thinking of. But an image search of that only brings back an animated version of it which is apparently related to some sort of dancing pill meme. No webcomics of any kind come up on the search. My best guess is maybe my brain mixed up that image and the Cyanide and Happiness webcomic into one thing. Thanks anyway though,

http://suppository.keenspace.com/

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Mind-reading is probably the most deeply overrated superpower. I mean hell, 90% of the time you'd be hearing poorly remembered disjointed loops of songs.

I also imagine you'd end up learning about a whole pile of horrifying fetishes you'd rather never have known existed.

...or learning about them then participating if that's your thing. I won't judge.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grendels Dad posted:

Also, the man he confuses for a bean is clearly a shaved Hitler.

It's goebbels.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

vyelkin posted:

He looks like Mr. Bean.

Is it pronounced "Seen Been" or "Shawn Bawn"? I never seem to get it right

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Is it pronounced "Seen Been" or "Shawn Bawn"? I never seem to get it right

It's clearly pronounced in the Gaelic way: Shahn Bahn (as in Siobhan)

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
What's wrong with you people? That very, very clearly is pronounced David Mitchell.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I told the Actor I was struggling with his name... (bum bum bum bum)
It's such a simple one It did feel rather name... (bum bum bum bum)
And then the Actor well he taught me what to say!
He said that S. E A and N, B. E. A-and-then-another-N
S E A and N B E and an A and an N

(to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNAr5tzZxdk)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

correction:

It's such a simple one, I did not feel ashamed... (bum bum bum bum)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Pro av/post combo.

e: meh you changed avs you weasel

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 22:33 on May 6, 2018

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SnX0rtbPo8]ProZD comes through for us all[url]

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
Hey, that's it. Good to know I wasn't crazy. Thank you,

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Quid posted:

Hey, that's it. Good to know I wasn't crazy. Thank you,

Let’s not be too hasty.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Immortan Garfield cracked his whip, ordering his legion of dog-slaves to turn the dread wheels which powered his cruel empire.
On cue, torrents of hot sauce gushed forth from the massive spigots jutting from his fort’s stony spire, carved in his likeness.
“Be careful you do not grow addicted to lasagna!” He cackled as the starving hordes below tore themselves apart in the fray. “It will take hold of you, and you will grow to resent its absence.” He chuckled softly to himself as his eyes scanned the desolation stretching till it fell away.
None knew how deep the pasta reserves ran, or how long until they ran dry, but none dared question the Immortan’s tight-fisted miserliness, even as he himself would bathe in lasagna until his fur was matted and sticky with cheese.
“Shall I draw you a bath, my king tom-lion?” Meweled the bejeweled Nermal, Lust-Queen of the Buttered Fuckpits. “Or purrhaps your napliness would care to recline upon his golden throne?” Her regent was silent for a long moment, eyes locked on eternity. Reflexively, she flopped upon her back and rolled her belly enticingly, even as her paws bared gold-plated claws.
“Neither.” He spoke abruptly, still caring not to gaze upon her. “Inform the legions that they are to rest this day. The palace staff are to be given their pay early. Have the chefs feed the hungry, and the doctors bring rest to the ill. I shall take to the Memory Caverns today, and need no tending.”
“M-my lord!” Nermal’s tail bushed out in response. “Has some dark omen taken root in your soul? What troubles plague you, that could not be cured by the fruits of my six perky bosoms?” Immortan Garfield, Servitor of the Sauce, the People’s Pastamaniac, Lordsagna, The Striped Judge, gazed upon her, and she felt her soul crucified to the ground by the lance of his eyes.
“Know you not the time? This is the Seventh Year of Resurrection. It is the Seventh Day After the Fall. This is the day I hate most of all.” He stormed from the room, cape swishing dramatically. “When the world was whole, we used to call it. . . Monday.”

The Memory Caverns ran deep below the butte, some leading to vast pools of molten lasagna, other twisting paths corkscrewed into clouds of poison, searing vents of deadly gas capable of scalding the hair off a dead boar in under a minute. Garfield stepped carefully around the traps he designed, the fuilsade of poison darts which needed to be re-poisoned every three months, the massive scythes which rusted in the humidity, and the clay pots full of angry snakes had the nasty habit of quickly becoming a clay pot full of dead snakes, which is still horrifying but in a less direct, more philosophically cerebral kind of way, like we’re the snakes and society is the clay pot, and the patriarchy is the extremely bitten-by-snakes dogslave cramming us all into the jar in the first place.
That is just one of the many thousands of thoughts which swirled in Immortan Garfield’s head, as he wandered through the unlit passages of his own subconscious.
Lyman joined him, silently slipping his phosphorescent fingers into his murderer’s rough paw.
“It’s good to see you, Lyman.” Garfield said, his voice heavy.
“You’re the only one who can.” Lyman whispered.
“I hope you know I meant nothing personal.” Garfield said. “We both knew only one of us could be Jon’s true friend. If I hadn’t struck you with a ballpeen hammer, thrown you down the stairs, and buried you in the root cellar, you’d have done the same to me.”
Lyman shook his head slowly. “I was poisoning your food for three months before you did me in. You digested so much arsenic your litter pan died. The ground water of the whole city reeked of almonds. At the end I was just curious how far you’d go. You remember the time I offered you a milkshake, and it was really just a bottle of nail polish remover?” Garfield nodded. “You looked me in the eye and said, ‘wow, this smells like nail polish remover,’ and then you drank the entire bottle. You licked the cap when you were done and proclaimed it the greatest milkshake you’d ever had.”
Garfield chuckled a little. “Ah, what would I give to walk in the world of milkshakes once more! How I took it all for granted!”
Lyman ignored this. “That is when I knew I could not beat you. I sold my honor to kill a housecat, and failed. I was shattered, and all I could feel as I was lying there, my life draining into the pit you dug me, was surprise at how long it took you to act.”
Garfield smiled. “It amused me, for a time, to watch you struggle in vain. I’d bide my time imagining the subtle thrill of nailing you to the floor, shaving your ridiculous mustache off with a box cutter, and mailing it to Abu Dhabi. In the early days it wasn’t about murdering you, Lyman, so much as replacing you. I would have been content demoting you to a supporting character, incidental to Jon and I, but you seemed determined not to stay in your place. I cannot abide that kind of instability, Lyman, I need to know the ground beneath me is stable.” Garfield kicked at the walls of the tunnel, which were carved with three-panel pictograms.
“And nothing is more stable than dead ground.” Lyman called, his voice a torrent of wind rolling over salty dunes.
“I didn’t kill this place!” Garfield shouted, running now. “I just did what I had to! I just responded to the threats as they arose!”
Lyman flew behind him, his voice mocking and shrill. “They only arose to stop the campaign you started.”
Garfield started panting, ducking blindly through tunnels, running on instinct, seeing time pass before his eyes as the pictograms grew cruder and cruder, many now defaced with scribbled hitler mustaches and eye-patches.
“Blame Dilbert! When he became Libertarian Superpresident he deregulated the nuke plants and they all went supercritical at the same time!”
“In response, you waged war on the last remaining outposts of humanity and conscripted them into your pasta-based hierarchy of labor and suffering!”
Garfield spun on his heels and came face to face with his spectral pursuer. “Do you not remember? It was chaos before me!” He shouted, the veins in his neck throbbing. “Beetle Bailey was out there, falling asleep on watch six days a week, just begging the enemy to invade! Dagwood was making sandwiches taller than the frame while Blondie cucked his boss into the got dang sunset! There wasn’t hell worth poo poo in comics before I showed up, I went huge, and everyone got rich on my coattails!” He scratched furiously at the walls. “I should have neutered Marmaduke with my bare hands when he moved to have me impeached, but I didn’t! I was a kind and just ruler, and even despite all that, the world has gone to hell.”
“A sick world, fit for a sick king!” Lyman spat. “Odie was too good for you, despite all your abuses. Jon is an idiot but no Arbuckle has ever sinned so heinously as to deserve a plague as Biblical as you.”
“Silence!” Garfield roared, tearing free a chunk of wall and hurling it through the ghost. “SILENCE!”
“You should be tried for war crimes after what you did to the US Acres.” Lyman hissed, his ghostly mustache leaving ectoplasm on Immortan Garfield’s whiskers.
“Who would convict me?” Garfield gestured to the empty wall. “What authority remains untoppled, strong enough to bind my hands?”
“Jon lives.” Lyman smiled. “Jon of the Arbuckles discovered the Stargate, and is dancing through the cosmos, raising an intergalactic army against you. Already thirteen planets in seven different systems have pledged arms and soldiers, ships and weapons.”
“Let them come.” Garfield scoffed. “They can choke on my kingdom of dust! Let them take this broken world from me, for all the good it’ll do them! For all the good it never did me!”
“Two ships hang behind our fractured moon, waiting for the go-ahead to start arming the rebels they’ve seeded into your palace ranks. Have you heard legend of The Outlaw Star? Have you not seen The Firefly?” Lyman smirked. “I have some DVDs, you can borrow.”
“I don’t have anything that can play ghost DVDs.” Garfield shrugged. “And what of Jon’s girlfriend? What fate befell Liz?”
“She journeys with him, as equal partners in love and adventure.” Lyman gazed upwards. “Though, she prefers to go by ‘The Doctor’ these days.”

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:catdrugs:
Oh my.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

:chanpop: