Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Sorry, was back in Da Nang for a minute.

MARINES, WE ARE LEAVING is one of those lines that always gets me no matter how many times I hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:catholic: Well frankly, neither of you will experience love ever.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

SirPhoebos posted:

:catholic: Well frankly, neither of you will experience love ever.

We like popular songs... :ohdear:

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Larry, you're a dullard.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

What a rotten day, Frank conniff blocked me on Twitter and I have no idea why haven't tweeted @him in months and only to help dump on trolls

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Might've been a mass block you got caught up in.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Junkie Disease posted:

What a rotten day, Frank conniff blocked me on Twitter and I have no idea why haven't tweeted @him in months and only to help dump on trolls

Awwww that sucks Frank rules. Phone his radio show and complain

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

FYI, Shout! did a sort of rough cleanup on Assignment: Venezuela for the Volume 7 re-issue. If you're familiar with the short, it survives only as a VHS copy with a huge timecode bar since the master tape was lost (originally made for the cancelled CD-ROM project). Shout! seemed to lift the shadowrama from the tape and overlay it over a clean master of the short. Sort of similar to that HD version of the Manos episode someone put up on YouTube using the 2K restoration.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Junkie Disease posted:

If you have too few twitter followers you fail the robot test of the autoblockers.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Well farts.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Patton Oswalt was on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast this week. He said they started filming the new season this week. He could not divulge the film list.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Jose Oquendo posted:

Patton Oswalt was on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast this week. He said they started filming the new season this week. He could not divulge the film list.

Oh awesome. I hope they can film it at a more leisurely pace this time. I’m assuming that puts them on track for a fall release.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Grreat random line from Pumaman, which has been running on Pluto TV:

"He went to the barber and said, “Give me a haircut like Mary Gross.”"

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Sorry, I meant Peeeyuuma-man.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Ivan Askwith, producer and guy who ran the Kickstarter, posted in the Kickstarter comments section a little over a week ago that they were hoping to have some kind of announcement about season 12 within a week or so. Given how their timetables have all gone since the Kickstarter launched, that means we can probably expect something in about two weeks.

He also explained though that now that Netflix is funding the show, anything they share has to get cleared by Netflix's legal to make sure they're actually contractually allowed to say it, which means there probably won't be a ton of info being announced this time around until it's much closer to release.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Laterite posted:

Wurrr-walve?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
poo-mamen

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

What are the odds they ever get the film rights to Riff Mac and Me?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Even if they could get the rights, I doubt they'd want to riff a movie as well-known as that.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I was honestly surprised they riffed a movie as well-known as Starcrash this past season. The last time they did such an infamously bad movie (where they weren't a contributing cause to its infamy) was probably Robot Monster back in Season 1.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I think the two Godzilla films and This Island Earth are a lot more famous than Starcrash ever was. I certainly hadn't heard of it.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I’d say Bride of the Monster is probably about as well known as Robot Monster for being a stinker, and that was, what, around Season 4 or so? (Granted, the main reason I remember that is because Hired! Part 1 was attached to it). The two Godzilla movies, goofy as they may be, still have their defenders, and This Island Earth is pretty legit compared to most of the movies shown on MST3K.

NuclearPotato fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 2, 2018

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I always thought Time Chasers was one of the more well know B movies they did at the time.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Hooray!! If they're already filming, they must already have selected the movies and form through most of the writing, I'd guess.

It makes sense they're not allowed to talk about it as much. Netflix seems to like releasing renewal info pretty close to the date.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Pixeltendo posted:

What are the odds they ever get the film rights to Riff Mac and Me?

Likely. It's owned by MGM, who provided a bunch of Season 11 films, and Shout! is releasing a collector's edition this year.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Laterite posted:

The actor who plays that villain in the movie also plays another villain in a different film MST3K riffed I think. I woke up once in the middle of it and thought I'd somehow drifted over to Peaumaman somehow.

e: it was Donald Pleasence, who in his wikipedia photo is so close to the tented fingers pose of Mr. Burns.

From wikipedia: "According to the film critic Kim Newman on a DVD commentary for Halloween II, the reason for Pleasence’s lengthy filmography was that he never turned down any role that was offered."

Indeed.

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 4, 2018

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Donald Pleasance is a screen legend and great in everything he's in.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It was like halfway through Piumahman that I registered Dr. Loomis from Halloween was the bad guy.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Check out Pleasance in Leprechaun 4.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I mainly know him as the forger in The Great Escape.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If you like Donald Pleasance, you should watch the movie Raw Meat.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Peacoffee posted:

The actor who plays that villain in the movie also plays another villain in a different film MST3K riffed I think. I woke up once in the middle of it and thought I'd somehow drifted over to Peaumaman somehow.

He was the villain in Warrior of the Lost World as well.

Though definitely overshadowed by Megaweapon.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

TVs Ian posted:

He was the villain in Warrior of the Lost World as well.

Though definitely overshadowed by Megaweapon.

Megaweapon and Killdozer should have had a crossover.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Jose Oquendo posted:

His name is Pleasance, and he is funky.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Everything Counts posted:

His name is Pleasance, and he is funky.

A HUGE EGG! Oh no wait, it's Donald Pleasance.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
this is flying officer donald pleasance with the traffic report

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
MEGAWEAPON! MEGAWEAPON!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this is flying officer donald pleasance with the traffic report

Burning old man, singe all his flesh off!

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Burning old man, singe all his flesh off!

𝅘𝅥𝅮 When you want the flavor of bacon in a dip. 𝅘𝅥𝅮

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamcantsleep
Mar 20, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If you like Donald Pleasance, you should watch the movie Raw Meat.

This is the most correct choice anyone could make. He's terrific in it (like always).

Jose Oquendo posted:

This is also extremely correct.