Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

DiHK posted:

Not even gender neutral. They don't reproduce sexually at all.

:eng101: that means they're incels

I mean, Genestealers sort of do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, Genestealers sort of do?

Geanstealing is pretty much spermjacking tho

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ugleb posted:

Sooo... In defence/pursuit of gender equality people are assigning gender labels to what I thought were gender neutral aliens?

Uh, not by the people pursuing gender equality, no. The chuds just invented something they thought was insulting and the people they targeted just thought it sounded badass and ran with it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

mango sentinel posted:

I've been trying to find cheap copies of Ian Watson's Space Marine to send to the IDEOTV guys.

That'd rule

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If Tyranids are gender neutral then why are there Norn-Queens and Dominatrixes?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AndyElusive posted:

Don't forget termagants :colbert:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

AndyElusive posted:

Arbitrary designations by imperial forces who don't know any better. :colbert: They did the same thing with ork vehicles that were painted red to denote greater speed.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Chill la Chill posted:

They did the same thing with ork vehicles that were painted red to denote greater speed.

:psyboom:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

So is a tervigon a mother giving birth to termagants, or a testicle releasing sperm?

Please help me I need to assign very strict gender binary to a fictional alien race from another galaxy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Fashionable Jorts posted:

So is a tervigon a mother giving birth to termagants, or a testicle releasing sperm?

Please help me I need to assign very strict gender binary to a fictional alien race from another galaxy.

Forge your own narrative

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ovipositors are like penises that shoot eggs and sometimes stab into things.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

goatface posted:

Ovipositors are like penises that shoot eggs and sometimes stab into things.

Txt me.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Deified Data posted:

Uh, not by the people pursuing gender equality, no. The chuds just invented something they thought was insulting and the people they targeted just thought it sounded badass and ran with it.

Sometimes I think I'm a minority wargamer. I just like to paint minis that aren't overtly sexualised (more than your average comic book lady anyway) and push them around tables using reasonably balanced rules sets.

Am I a bad person for not including social or political commentary and not so subtly provocative subtext in my stuff? Now that I think about it there is a surprising lack of Nazi iconography in my Dropfleet Shaltari.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ugleb posted:

Sometimes I think I'm a minority wargamer. I just like to paint minis that aren't overtly sexualised (more than your average comic book lady anyway) and push them around tables using reasonably balanced rules sets.

Am I a bad person for not including social or political commentary and not so subtly provocative subtext in my stuff?

You're probably the absolute worst. Destroying the hobby with your lack of lust for tits and rear end on everything that could concievably have them. Feminazis reeeeeeeeee.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I am disgusted by your anthropocentrism.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

HebrewMagic posted:

I haven't watched Pokemon since I was a child so you'll have to explain to me why ditto needed to turn into a lady with a stick

Because Ash is freaky

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I laughed for a full minute at feminids. Hell yes I'll be a feminid.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Time for some expensive meme references: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fabulous-pillar-guardians-tabletop-miniatures-3d#/

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

These look good but lol at 28mm. Would’ve considered more had they been ~50mm. Can’t even detail the abs that well at 28

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

I am the Young Feline stroking his own chest.

If the Emperor did have a text to speech device he would be wolf whistling.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Also they're pewter

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
We all have a lot of fun laughing at nerds bringing their sex fantasies to their minis but okay for real I'd lick the Nuln Oil out of his pectoral crevasses

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
At least they act as balance for all the scantily clad female minis.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Grey Hunter posted:

At least they act as balance for all the scantily clad female minis.

Not really. These are parody, whereas the scantily clad female minis are done in earnest by creepers. You'd be amazed at how many men dont understand that boob-fitted armour is really really bad design.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Not really. These are parody, whereas the scantily clad female minis are done in earnest by creepers. You'd be amazed at how many men dont understand that boob-fitted armour is really really bad design.

But... It looks so.... Right. :trumpfap:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SKKKrunts

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Moola posted:

SKKKrunts

Haha wtttttttffffffff

At first I thought maaaybe they're trying to create the old rogue trader eldar guardian helmets.

Nope. Straight up skkkrunts.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
those look more like theyre trying to evoke oldschool chaos cultists rather than sister loving dipshits wearing bedsheets. if he paints all the hoods white then there might be cause for concern

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I think you're being extemely optimistic there.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Moola posted:

SKKKrunts

Garden Gnomes.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

those look more like theyre trying to evoke oldschool chaos cultists rather than sister loving dipshits wearing bedsheets. if he paints all the hoods white then there might be cause for concern

You're giving this hobby way too much credit expecting them to not lean into white supremacy

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Moola posted:

SKKKrunts

What a waste of scrunts.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Moola posted:

SKKKrunts

I just spotted the shields in the background too.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
moola post the source of your little nathaniel bedfords, reverse gis thinks its a picture of chess

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Space Butler posted:

I just spotted the shields in the background too.

Those are just generic terminator storm shields, he didn't do anything special to them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Context is everything.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

goatface posted:

Context is everything.

agreed thats why its weird that your immediate conclusion is these are kkk squats when theres official gw models with big pointed hoods like that

are they super racists dwarfs made by a super racist rear end in a top hat? possible, but not guaranteed

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

agreed thats why its weird that your immediate conclusion is these are kkk squats when theres official gw models with big pointed hoods like that

are they super racists dwarfs made by a super racist rear end in a top hat? possible, but not guaranteed

Yes, the Capirote has a specific use that is fitting for 40k, but considering the way a lot of its satire has now been accepted as good, well,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

TTerrible posted:

I think you're being extemely optimistic there.