Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Crosspeice posted:

Should've had a male Pokemon in front with Cute Charm to force a 67% female encounter chance. Got me my Salandit easily.

This is implying I do what these games want me to do and catch more Pokémon than just who are required for my planned team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

CubeTheory posted:

But then you can't Synchronize natures!

That's what everstones are for.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Nth Doctor posted:

That's what everstones are for.

He's talking about random encounters.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Zuzie posted:

He's talking about random encounters.

Knock the Synchro Pokemon out and parade it's corpse in the first spot.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

This is implying I do what these games want me to do and catch more Pokémon than just who are required for my planned team.

True, though Igglybuff are found outside the Battle Royal, so it's pretty easy to then bring one to Wela Volcano. And yeah, if you're trying to Synchorize, then you can't Cute Charm, but such is life.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I always use Sylveon as my Cute Charmer for female Pokemon since it's relatively easy to get. Eevee has a high chance of being male, you get one as an egg from the ranch, and evolving him into Sylveon is pretty easy.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

RatHat posted:

How useful is Pokémon Refresh? It seems quite tedious and is one of the only things that uses the stylus.

It doesn't have to be tedious. 2-3 rainbow beans and some pets will max out affection. You can get a full team from 0-5 hearts in under 5 minutes.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
If anyone needs an entei/raikou code, let me know and I can PM or drop some more in here.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Dienes posted:

It doesn't have to be tedious. 2-3 rainbow beans and some pets will max out affection. You can get a full team from 0-5 hearts in under 5 minutes.

Yeah, iirc its 2 rainbow beans and 2 pets gets you 0-5. Don't take a toxic heal fella above 3 though, otherwise they start curing themselves of the status and that is annoying!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I picked up Alpha Sapphire cause gen IV was the only one I had never played through and wow is it dry

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

indigi posted:

I picked up Alpha Sapphire cause gen IV was the only one I had never played through and wow is it dry

sapphire was gen 3, and there's water everywhere!!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

indigi posted:

ORAS are Gen VI remakes of Gen III games, I don't think you got what you wanted here.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I got the one I never played before (Hoenn), I just confused the number!!!!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Hoenn sucked the first time around, and OR/AS was a regrettably faithful remake. If Gen 3 didn't introduce double battles and so many good Pokémon, I would have no qualms about calling it my least favorite.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i hope triple battles are back in whatever game's next

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Got my Forbidden Light booster box and got some nice hits.

Opening booster packs are fun.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is my 3DS broken or is scrolling beans in Refresh supposed to be this hard?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
If there was an easy way to do that, I never figured it out. Put the stylus on the right side of the bar, between and slightly above the beans, swipe it left really fast, and you might not pick up a bean after the third or fourth try.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

RatHat posted:

Is my 3DS broken or is scrolling beans in Refresh supposed to be this hard?

Annoyed me too. I finally figured out I could get a consistent scroll at the top edge of the screen, stylus sliding against the frame.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Ok I finally figured out why Flying Press isn't used a lot for Hawlucha sets.

When it says it does fighting/flying damage, it means it always does dual damage, not just one or the other :doh:

That really gets in the way of things at the BT when you're taking on a mon with dual grass/poison typing that have the bulk to take those hits. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yeah, the effectiveness of dual-typed moves isn't the better of the two types, but the product of the two types.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Alolan Raichu should have his HA be levitate, since it floats on its tail :3:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
its brain is located in its tail so that is where its psychic power lies

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Aerofallosov posted:

If anyone needs an entei/raikou code, let me know and I can PM or drop some more in here.

I actually don't have a code for those at all, and would love one if you ever have a spare!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Alolan Raichu should have his HA be levitate, since it floats on its tail :3:
I've had some time to think about this, and i'm super bummed they didn't do an Alolan Pikachu that is literally just it's old fatchu design.

Wasted potential if you ask me.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Alolan Pikachu is Mimikyu

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

EthanSteele posted:

Yeah, iirc its 2 rainbow beans and 2 pets gets you 0-5. Don't take a toxic heal fella above 3 though, otherwise they start curing themselves of the status and that is annoying!

You could get around this with a toxic orb, couldn't you?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

less laughter posted:

its brain is located in its tail so that is where its psychic power lies

I kinda wish I didn't know this now :cry:

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Just got the master ball in Gold, proceeded to duplicate it a few times because catching Ho-Oh was bad enough. Turns out that item duplicating in 2nd gen while maintaining a living dex is just tedious enough to never do it past a bunch of master balls.

Now that Celebi is available in VC Crystal and isn't shiny locked there, is it possible to catch a shiny Celebi and import it to bank still shiny? Or would that tag be stripped since shininess is calculated through DV's in 2nd gen and those are randomized for IV's during transport?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dizz posted:

Got my Forbidden Light booster box and got some nice hits.

Opening booster packs are fun.

I haven't followed the TCG in years, but my wife occasionally just buys me a pack because she knows I like Pokemon. :3:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I haven't played the TCG in over a decade, but I do appreciate that occasionally they'll have cool artwork:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Sade posted:

You could get around this with a toxic orb, couldn't you?

They cure themselves and then it reactivates so you don't get healed by it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I haven't played the TCG in over a decade, but I do appreciate that occasionally they'll have cool artwork:

I like as someone who played the TCG in the WotC days some of these cards seem all bonkers OP. I also like that they made Dark and Steel proper types / have basic energy cards.

I find myself tempted to buy boosters on so many occasions but I realize that's a dark hole to go down.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Oyster posted:

Now that Celebi is available in VC Crystal and isn't shiny locked there, is it possible to catch a shiny Celebi and import it to bank still shiny? Or would that tag be stripped since shininess is calculated through DV's in 2nd gen and those are randomized for IV's during transport?

As far as I'm aware, shiny Pokémon that were generated in a VC game remain shiny when transferred to Pokémon Bank. So Celebi can be shiny hunted and remain shiny.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

I haven't followed the TCG in years, but my wife occasionally just buys me a pack because she knows I like Pokemon. :3:

I haven't looked at the TCG since the jungle/fossil days and always wanted to just come back, but I don't have local places so it's just for collection.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

It's a nice looking card but it's a secret rare so good luck cracking one.

Oxyclean posted:

I like as someone who played the TCG in the WotC days some of these cards seem all bonkers OP. I also like that they made Dark and Steel proper types / have basic energy cards.

I find myself tempted to buy boosters on so many occasions but I realize that's a dark hole to go down.

I think only one GX move is allowed per game which leaves it to be a bit balanced, but I haven't seen the meta which im assuming is even more bonkers.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

why is mewtwo weak to psychic

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oddium posted:

why is mewtwo weak to psychic

because psychic is also ghost type

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
lol if you open packs for cards

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

How useful is Pokémon Refresh? It seems quite tedious and is one of the only things that uses the stylus.

Nevermind, just got Poke Pelago and Rainbow beans aren't as rare as I thought they'd be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Star Man posted:

lol if you open packs for cards

why would I want cards that some other nasty person touched? keep ur cooties to urself