Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

PMush Perfect posted:

At least no one can ever sneak attack John Cena.

But can Randy Orton sneak attack John Cena?

How does "You Can't See Me" stack up against "RKO out of Nowhere."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

man, I hope Rich is immune from sneak attack.

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Like if someone is hiding behind a curtain, that's real concealment. Sure make it impossible to sneak attack that, you don't know what you're stabbing.

Is it too late to make a Hamlet/Polonius joke?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Polonius just had low hp

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Parahexavoctal posted:

man, I hope Rich is immune from sneak attack.

C’mon, he uploaded two strips within a week and announced a new prequel book. Rich is very ok and you shouldn’t wantonly invoke the magic phrase.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Gee, I sure hope the new book is okay.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

C’mon, he uploaded two strips within a week and announced a new prequel book. Rich is very ok and you shouldn’t wantonly invoke the magic phrase.

Last time we overused it he cut his hand open.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought its use started after he cut his hand open

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
I hope Goblins are OK

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fire Storm posted:

I hope Goblins are OK

The content of the latest page caused its author to post the contact info for suicide prevention help lines in anglosphere countries.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Cat Mattress posted:

The content of the latest page caused its author to post the contact info for suicide prevention help lines in anglosphere countries.

Seriously?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuup.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That shows a surprising amount of social awareness for an author obsessed with melty rape people.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

PMush Perfect posted:

That shows a surprising amount of social awareness for an author obsessed with melty rape people.

an anthropomorphic rabbit girl is explaining how she is under a curse that requires her to die at least once a day. It can be harder than you think to get killed, but once you get the hang of letting go, dying can be beautiful!

<thunt>.... hmm. Maybe that could be misinterpreted.</thunt>

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:cripes:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Goblins has made me wanna kill myself a bunch of times so that information is helpful. You can only look at so many melting green people before you wanna take a bath with a plugged-in toaster.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Counterpoint: he wrote it himself. If he's that aware and worried then I dunno maybe he shouldn't put his need to publish his story over the well-being of his readers, even if it's just a potential factor.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Thunt has had so, so many opportunities to stop doing goblins and it blows my mind he keeps digging that hole

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

Counterpoint: he wrote it himself. If he's that aware and worried then I dunno maybe he shouldn't put his need to publish his story over the well-being of his readers, even if it's just a potential factor.
I'm not saying he's a good person, he isn't, I'm just surprised he has enough awareness to even recognize the issue and yet still not... you know, not write it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I am curious about this character, but not enough to go read the page.

Can she only die once a day? Curse says she has to die once a day, so that implies she gets better.
If she dies, then dies a 2nd time, ...then what? Is she functionally immortal? Or only immortal until her age death?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just guessing, if she doesn't die once a day then she'll die for real

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Seriously though, let's not talk about Goblins here.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nipponophile posted:

Yes.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Just to clear that one up, she has to die exactly once a day and is instantly resurrected. If she dies twice in a day or doesn’t die at all, she dies for real. Most magical effects in Goblins are dumb and oddly specific and most drama is derived from characters trying to figure out the nonsense rule of the day.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm reminded of something from when the Goblins archive was being posted in one of the old incarnations of the Bad Webcomics thread.

At some point, he introduced some custom-made magic item that would do one thing from a table of 100 when used, and he'd painstakingly detailed each and every result, even though all of two or three of them actually came up in the comic... which horribly killed the NPCs in question.

Someone went through and cataloged every effect (good, bad, neutral/irrelevant), and came to the conclusion that you'd have to be a loving idiot to consider using it in your own D&D games, since it was way more likely to backfire horribly on you.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nipponophile posted:

I mean loving seriously.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

AnoHito posted:

I mean loving seriously.

Another dumb thing about Goblins are those stupid metal-eating orb creatures. Thunt is so proud of them and they suck.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Lots of new posts maybe its an update, nah just goblins general.

I'm gonna sneak attack the next guy to talk about goblins.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Motherfucker posted:

Lots of new posts maybe its an update, nah just goblins general.

I'm gonna sneak attack the next guy to talk about goblins.

Can't sneak attack a goon, mom's basement provides natural concealment.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Can't sneak attack a goon, mom's basement provides natural concealment.

Than I'll sneak attack their mom.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

Than I'll sneak attack their mom.

Chaotic Evil

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
"ill sneak attack ur mom" is a perfectly accurate way to describe most C-E characters in my experience.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
u hvn a giggle there, m8?

ill sneak attak ur mum, I swear on me blade

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Most magical effects are dumb and oddly specific and most drama is derived from characters trying to figure out the nonsense rule of the day.
"What are the signs of a D&D based webcomic?"

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Regalingualius posted:

I'm reminded of something from when the Goblins archive was being posted in one of the old incarnations of the Bad Webcomics thread.

At some point, he introduced some custom-made magic item that would do one thing from a table of 100 when used, and he'd painstakingly detailed each and every result, even though all of two or three of them actually came up in the comic... which horribly killed the NPCs in question.

Someone went through and cataloged every effect (good, bad, neutral/irrelevant), and came to the conclusion that you'd have to be a loving idiot to consider using it in your own D&D games, since it was way more likely to backfire horribly on you.

So it's that wondrous item deck only even more likely to kill you?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Decks of Many Things are fun though

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Shugojin posted:

Decks of Many Things are fun though

Who makes them though? What wizard is spending his time crafting a Deck of Many Things or a Bag of Tricks?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Who makes them though? What wizard is spending his time crafting a Deck of Many Things or a Bag of Tricks?

The kind that wants some posthumous revenge on whoever kills him and loots his corpse.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

See, there's something cool to be had in the idea of a magical superweapon more likely to drat you than save you. What's it mean to have something like that or to use it? There's a story to be told about someone smuggling ten pounds of raw chaos into fantasy city and nobody knows what is going to happen. But it would require someone with more talent than the Goblins guy to tell these stories since he can't engage with the concepts on anything more than the most superficial level.

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's the wizard version of Russian Roulette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Maybe wizards who really hate tarot readers?