Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Kaepernick and Kanye are the two leaders of Black People, they will settle racism in America for good

edit:

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yet they are so loving divided. Kanye still will sell albums but Colin can’t get a loving job anymore.

Kanye is a goddamn clown.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Kanye also makes great music, and his idiocy is the result of trying to be intellectual without reading any books. He is also rich which can cause severe brain damage in individuals.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Kanye also makes great music, and his idiocy is the result of trying to be intellectual without reading any books. He is also rich which can cause severe brain damage in individuals.

He’s heavily in debt.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Huskalator posted:

Immigrants assimilating to their host culture is racist now? What the poo poo

I wouldn't accuse someone of being racist for using that phrase, but it's pretty long in the tooth. Working together harmoniously without borg-like assimilation or "otherising" people who hang on to some traditions and cultural elements is multiculturalism, rather than what's usually meant by being a "melting pot."

Hell, even the play "the melting pot" wasn't exactly about abandoning identity and assimilating to the norms of America, but rather about not letting past wrongs and hatred persist as people from a variety of cultures work together toward a better future.

So plenty of people mean very well when they say melting pot. But at the time the phrase was coined, segregation was very alive, women couldn't vote, etc, so when someone who doesn't look or think like Judeo-Christian white dudes is told that in America, it's a melting pot where we all just become "American," it can sure sound like "do what the white guys do."

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Remembering a simpler time, :mitt: is still extremely :mitt:

Made from Lips and Assholes, so it's fitting.

LingcodKilla posted:

He’s heavily in debt.

He's just an average American now then.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I like American cheese best. Then second best is Kraft Cheddar. Sure, some people say Caciocavallo Podolico or Beaufort D'Ete are good cheeses, and they're great, but me, I like American best. And then cheddar.

Did I mention I'm a normal American Human? :mitt:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Remember when Sarah Palin was the worst person who had a shot at becoming president :allears:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

mlmp08 posted:

I wouldn't accuse someone of being racist for using that phrase, but it's pretty long in the tooth. Working together harmoniously without borg-like assimilation or "otherising" people who hang on to some traditions and cultural elements is multiculturalism, rather than what's usually meant by being a "melting pot."

Hell, even the play "the melting pot" wasn't exactly about abandoning identity and assimilating to the norms of America, but rather about not letting past wrongs and hatred persist as people from a variety of cultures work together toward a better future.

So plenty of people mean very well when they say melting pot. But at the time the phrase was coined, segregation was very alive, women couldn't vote, etc, so when someone who doesn't look or think like Judeo-Christian white dudes is told that in America, it's a melting pot where we all just become "American," it can sure sound like "do what the white guys do."

Also, "melting pot" is not a cooking reference but a metallurgy reference. The metals alloyed in a melting pot come out as a stronger whole due to their interactions.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Melting pot as an immigration policy is more or less the exact opposite of multiculturalism

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah fair enough. I'd say the vast majority of Americans are pretty benign when they use the term "melting pot" but I understand we have a history of hypocrisy there.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Remember when Sarah Palin was the worst person who had a shot at becoming president :allears:

What’s my dream GILF upto these days?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

The melting pot brought us Korean Tacos which are good

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Smiling Jack posted:

The Melting Pot is selling food that doesn't require dipping in a vat of hot cheese?

Meh, still not my thing.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

Also, "melting pot" is not a cooking reference but a metallurgy reference. The metals alloyed in a melting pot come out as a stronger whole due to their interactions.

Only if you put the right metals in there instead of "impurities."

It was a joke, sensitive one VVV

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 5, 2018

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
holy poo poo

shut the gently caress up

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
In actual news, Hawaii is going to tip over and capsize from the volcano eruption and the 119 earthquakes detected so far, the strongest of which has been a 6.9, the strongest since 1975.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
so I clicked on your first link, whatever, and I get this pop up that says "What do you dislike the most about Youtube comments" and it was like "Too much mean stuff" etc etc and I clicked "other" because I wanted to write something about idiot chuds or something specifically just because, and it just said "Thank You" like c'mon

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hawaii is not going to tip over and capsize.

That's not how islands and volcanoes work.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

WhAt about when the whole world flips upside down and we all fall off of it

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyEu15Akz_E

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Hey Minge why don't you ask Atlantis about flipping over. OH WAIT YOU CAN'T

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Atlantis was inside of a supervolcano. That poo poo was vaporized.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

boop the snoot posted:

WhAt about when the whole world flips upside down and we all fall off of it

Wakka wakka wakka wakka

https://www.sciencealert.com/flat-earth-theory-pacman-world-edge

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

It's more like a fusion restaurant.

Also no one melts things in pots anymore anyway. Soup comes in cans and are stovetop cooked or microwaved.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Canned soup :chloe:

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Personally, the human is the only canned soup I consume regularly..

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

He's gonna steal the mic out of Kanye's hands and say some poo poo about Jeb. I can already see it.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

He's gonna steal the mic out of Kanye's hands and say some poo poo about Jeb. I can already see it.

In that moment Kanye will finally understand how tswift felt...

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Now I'm going to let you finish. Maybe. We'll see. Who knows?

*stupid grin*
:smugdon:

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMRzSuVH03o

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
WSJ has Cohen upping his loans by $774k during the campaign for unknown reasons.

NYT has the Trump Organization, including the CFO, involved in the Cohen reimbursements regarding Stormy Daniels.

Cohen keeps getting closer to hosed, but campaign finance poo poo is always notoriously hard to prove, especially when nobody can see your rec-hey wait

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

NYT is going all out

https://nyti.ms/2HOyp3v

Trump knew about the stormy daniels payments for months

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

NYT is going all out

https://nyti.ms/2HOyp3v

Trump knew about the stormy daniels payments for months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d24ZpzoZkQE&t=18s

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

mods change my name posted:

Now I'm going to let you finish. Maybe. We'll see. Who knows?

*stupid grin*
:smugdon:

If that happens I hope Kaepernick just takes a knee and stares at him.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Current Event: I just finished a 15 paragraph paper on American exceptionalism and our decline as a soft power, that I pulled straight out of my rear end.

If it hadn't been for my residual knowledge of geopolitics that I've picked up from hanging out with you guys over the last 6 years, I probably wouldn't had been able to do it.

So, thank you. o7.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Post it

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Honeyboy Bradley posted:

Honeyboy Bradley posted:
I think I already told this story but it's fresh in my mind so here it goes again:

A few years back I was in Chicago for a while and made an OKCupid profile to score easy women off the internet. I started talking to an asian girl who didn't have any clear pictures of herself on her dating profile. She was down to gently caress the Honeyboy after a night of seductive OKC messages so she gave me her number and address and I drove down to get my freak on.

She lives in Boystown. For those who don't know where Boystown is, it's an area of Chicago where all the gays hang out. We were gonna go to a movie in Boystown's theater and then back to her place for nasty interracial sex.

So I'm driving around Boystown by the movie theater and I see an asian girl standing on the street corner. I'm like 'oh gently caress thats gotta be her' because she had the same body type as the girl's OKC profile. So I slow down in my car and wave at her through the front window. She sees me and comes up to my driver's side window and that's when I see it's a loving man.

Like he had a five o'clock shadow and everything. He looked like Mr. Miyagi with a wig on. So I didn't ask any loving questions I just got out of my car and started beating his rear end. Like I went full Tekken combo on this decadent son of Sodom. Then I spit on him and got back in my car and started driving home.

A few minutes later she starts calling my cell and I pick up because I'm ready to talk mad poo poo to this tranny that tried to trick me into going on a date with him. But it was a woman's voice saying 'Where the gently caress are you? You're fifteen minutes late.'

'Uh, is this not just the person I just met?'

'No? What the gently caress I'm still waiting outside the theater'

And that's when I realized I had unwittingly beat up a tranny prostitute. He probably saw me waving at him through my car window and thought I was a John. So I didn't go out on the date that night I just drove home and jerked off. I still feel bad for doing that though. The prostitute was probably like 'Oh theres a John I'm gonna make some cash tonight' but instead he got dropped.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I like to think of the US and A as an unfortunate schmelting accident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr0gNJ090JA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Actually I feel like Sarah Palin -> Donald Trump is just the natural progression of these reality tv chasing loving idiots and the type who'd vote for them

• Locked thread