Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

KoB posted:

I thought the f91 was good at first but eventually dropped him for other gundams.

God drat it, the f91 is like one of my fave gundams.

give it the respect it deserves banpresto!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hokuto posted:

Counterpoint: The DLC has some of the best dialogue in the game.

Were I able to ask for it as a gift I'd get the whole package, I assure you, but sadly my birthday is in November so I have to pay with my own salary and said salary is low even for an entry-level job in a third world country.

Maybe I need to move on to robot piloting, that seems to bring in the big bucks. Just look at how much money you tend to get in every game, even with upgrades.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Blaze Dragon posted:

Were I able to ask for it as a gift I'd get the whole package, I assure you, but sadly my birthday is in November so I have to pay with my own salary and said salary is low even for an entry-level job in a third world country.

Maybe I need to move on to robot piloting, that seems to bring in the big bucks. Just look at how much money you tend to get in every game, even with upgrades.

Oh yeah sorry I wasn't trying to pressure you or anything. You do what you gotta do!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I just had a big scene with Char where Amuro said the phrase "That's classic Char." This game is pretty good.

And now Kamille is making fun of Char for his slicked back hair!

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 4, 2018

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Monaghan posted:

God drat it, the f91 is like one of my fave gundams.

give it the respect it deserves banpresto!

To be honest, the F91 is way better in this game than it is in most, where it's either a dead end that you use for a while and then discard or it's a stepping stone to an upgrade(F91 -> X1, for example) so is tuned to be early game only.

The VSBR is an extremely high quality attack. The main problem with the F91 is that the Limiter Release upgrade, while okay, comes fairly late and all it gives is a 30% afterimage and an okay finisher attack. It's extremely usable, it just doesn't stack up to stuff like the FA ZZ. Seabook himself is actually really good, since he's got really good stats, is a newtype, has natural hit and run, and his ace bonus is EXTREMELY good for a pilot who you throw into an enemy wave and counterattack a lot(+1 range on attacks and +3 morale on dodge), which is exactly what the F91 is good at. Even if you don't use the F91 I think Seabook is actually one of the best Hi Nu or Nightingale pilots.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I just had a big scene with Char where Amuro said the phrase "That's classic Char." This game is pretty good.

And now Kamille is making fun of Char for his slicked back hair!

Seriously my favorite exchange in the game.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
For better or worse, the English localization is very 2018, I wonder if the original Japanese script was written the same way.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm still early on but man while i knew the original was gonna get a 4th attack i was not expecting how radical it was

sure i'll just become dairaioh for an attack and beat the absolute gently caress out of a dude why not, iori owns

also wataru leaves an awful first impression but if you put some time into him he starts holding his own pretty quick, even early on.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Yinlock posted:

i'm still early on but man while i knew the original was gonna get a 4th attack i was not expecting how radical it was

sure i'll just become dairaioh for an attack and beat the absolute gently caress out of a dude why not, iori owns

I figure next run-through I do I'm putting in some custom tracks and giving that move https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13NsI3EWtGg

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Yinlock posted:

also wataru leaves an awful first impression but if you put some time into him he starts holding his own pretty quick, even early on.

My copy of the game finally arrived this week. Wataru is one of my favorite series so it'll get the FUB from me.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Ryu and Sen are solid but I wish Genohmaru and Kuuohmaru weren't awful.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
As a Support Unit the Grandis is pretty good.

Also it helps that its attacks have plenty of character for what's essentially a tank.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Pureauthor posted:

Also it helps that its attacks have plenty of character for what's essentially a tank.

Grandis has gotten a surprising amount of play from me. I don't have any attachment to the series but it's a really effective little unit with repair early on.

G-Self has been an absolute workhorse for me, second to Xelguard. Dual Beam Saber just does so much damage.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
No that’s not ok.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

SD vs Original Design

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Oh god, now they both look wrong!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Kinda reminds me of the guy in laser lords who is a lizard with the sideways facing eyes so he wears little mirrors so he can look forwards

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What units are worthwhile to focus on if I didn't get the preorder bonus?

Right now, my main focus unit is Amari as the protag, but I'm also training up the protagonist suits and the G-Arcane and Grandis because I like them. Is the Arcane Anti-Ship gun actually useful for fighting battleships or should I just give up on her? I'm about to start chapter 6 for the record.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 5, 2018

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Senerio posted:

Right now, my main focus unit is Amari as the protag, but I'm also training up the protagonist suits and the G-Arcane and Grandis because I like them. Is the Arcane Anti-Ship gun actually useful for fighting battleships or should I just give up on her? I'm about to start chapter 6 for the record.

So the thing with the G-Arcane is that you have to kind of play it a bit differently from most units. Aida is basically the only person who can use it properly because she has a 10 SP "Charge" spell which makes any attack post move. You basically want to use that to get her into sniping position and then have her support attack the hell out of everything. Once you ace her she gains charge for free every round she's above 130 morale (trivial to do) which is very helpful. Extra Arms is also a good choice for her because it boosts the Arcane's sniper rifle until it upgrades.

Once it upgrades you may want to put someone else in it because it gets a post-move attack and use Aida for something that really needs to be made post-move like the Yggdrasil.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Senerio posted:

Unless you like Aida she's not great; her stats are pretty bad and the G-Arcane isn't a good unit either.

The game isn't difficult enough that you can't use her/it though, although the game favors Super Robots since for some reason enemies have a ton of accuracy on hard and expert modes.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
This time half the Supers are S sized so it's pretty fun.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Just beat the game. Did all 51/51 SR points/true ending and followed all the 'not-Gundam' routes through the game so I could hang with my bro Simon. Good game overall.

I think I might slightly prefer V overall. Partially because X just feels like it peters out at the end both mechanically and writing-wise. It felt even easier than V, especially the last few stages, and a lot of the fun character interaction died out at the very end.

Kind of annoyed they permakilled Kittan off 1 map before the end of the game. Especially since Banjo also does a suicide run and does the normal SRW thing where he just gets better for no reason.

Also Spero's dumb fake heel turn/sacrifice/revival is shoved in there like an afterthought and feels really perfunctory. Also a little weird that Amari and Iori are just going to stick around Al-Warth since they have like families and lives they were kidnapped from.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Alright, was able to get my moonbucks to pick up the game without my bank (understandably) auto-flagging this weird Hong Kong payment.

I really like Iori and Spero's dynamic so far. I also like how Iori is a little bit of an rear end in a top hat, but still more snarky than anything else and has his heart in the right place.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

MechaX posted:

Alright, was able to get my moonbucks to pick up the game without my bank (understandably) auto-flagging this weird Hong Kong payment.

I really like Iori and Spero's dynamic so far. I also like how Iori is a little bit of an rear end in a top hat, but still more snarky than anything else and has his heart in the right place.

He tries to be a Squall clone, but just doesn't have that level of rear end in a top hat in him. Which makes him much more fun to watch.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

so what did everyone pick for bilbine colors, i can't decide

i know there's no mechanical difference but i like both

why isn't there an option to switch whenever you want :negative:

Pureauthor posted:

i'm getting a lot of use out of her in expert mode so far, it's handy to have her scoot around and heal people and enemies often ignore her for some reason in favor of ange/sho who will just annihilate them in retaliation

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 6, 2018

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I went for Night Camo but I dislike the regular Bilb colors.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah I did night since the regular Billbine looks kinda garish

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zore posted:

Yeah I did night since the regular Billbine looks kinda garish

it does kinda go against the entire show's aesthetic since it's all muted colors and then this bootleg action figure lookin' thing shows up

i kinda dig that though, but at the same time it sucks so i'm torn

i'll probably go night camo in the end just because the yellow on bilbine bothers me

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I didn't like the Night Camo colors in the actual show that much for some reason but I thought it looked solid in the game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I hope Mightgaine keeps showing up in SRW just for the clowns that comprise it's Rogue's Gallery.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Of all the things I expected to see out of this franchise, Klim Nick paraphrasing the Rupaul's Drag Race catchphrase was not one of them.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I went with Night camo because it makes it look like everything else in Dunbine.

Pureauthor posted:

I hope Mightgaine keeps showing up in SRW just for the clowns that comprise it's Rogue's Gallery.

Bonus points if we get the Natto stage too because Mightgaine is good.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

EthanSteele posted:

I went with Night camo because it makes it look like everything else in Dunbine.

Bonus points if we get the Natto stage too because Mightgaine is good.

Yeah, I did the same. Night Camo makes it look less like a badly painted model.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

I hope we can recruit them all someday so I can max upgrade Snooby.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I want to use Pink Cat to get the final hit on any show's final boss.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm pretty sure they also used one of the other team names they came up with in V, so they need at least two more games in order to use them all.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
What was it Kouji always wanted? Kouji Kabuto & His Fabulous Friends?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

HitTheTargets posted:

What was it Kouji always wanted? Kouji Kabuto & His Fabulous Friends?

And his Merry Friends, is what Toei Kouji had been trying to make stick since 64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Brunom1 posted:

And his Merry Friends, is what Toei Kouji had been trying to make stick since 64.

The problem with Kouji Kabuto and his Merry Friends is that it doesn't fit. If it did, we wouldn't have a problem, and every single game would be The Adventures of Kouji Kabuto and his Merry Friends...except for the OG games and UX

• Locked thread